Jim

[TC6] Technic SBrick Contest - Information Topic

There are two entries, which are debatable:

42029 Extended MOD by Filsawgood

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105617

Customized pickup truck. Toyoto FJ45 by RM8.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105219

The Toyota is a modified previous model of RM8 and the other is a heavily modified official model.

For this contest I will let both entries compete, but for future contests I will sharpen the rules about the MOC being NEW...no MOD.

There are two entries, which are debatable:

42029 Extended MOD by Filsawgood

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=105617

Customized pickup truck. Toyoto FJ45 by RM8.

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=105219

The Toyota is a modified previous model of RM8 and the other is a heavily modified official model.

For this contest I will let both entries compete, but for future contests I will sharpen the rules about the MOC being NEW...no MOD.

First, thanks for promotion of our entries, Jim :laugh::thumbup:

Second, lets discuss:

Where is the border between old MOC and new MOC? My green truck is similar to red only with front part of frame and cab. Rear and middle part of chassis and rear part of body are different. So let difference/similarity be 50/50. Front part (but not front suspension or steering system) is the only thing that makes people think this is old MOC.

The result will be the same 50/50 if I will use chassis from my old MOC and brand new body. So it will be 50 % old MOC, but no one will see it, since everyone check exterior, but not hidden structure. Designinig rear suspension and bed is a big challenge for me in this MOC, and yesterday I redesigned it again. Suspension at red was very simple becase of too small space, and at green situation is different.

Don forget, my entry is not finished yet. :wink:

This situation is not the same that was at mini contest: bicycle was modified to fit 200 parts limit - but it was shared long before contest. My MOC is not just subtitution of IR receiver and 3 motors to SBrick ant 4 motors.

Anyways, I will agree with any decision of jury :classic:

Edited by rm8

I know it's a difficult situation. When you are creating a MOC you will obviously reuse techniques or components from a previous MOC. But the idea of the contest is to create a (completely) new MOC and not use 50% of another MOC or 50% of an official model.

No worries, you are both qualified to compete :sweet::thumbup:

I know it's a difficult situation. When you are creating a MOC you will obviously reuse techniques or components from a previous MOC. But the idea of the contest is to create a (completely) new MOC and not use 50% of another MOC or 50% of an official model.

No worries, you are both qualified to compete :sweet::thumbup:

Ok, thank you!

Sorry if it was covered already, but are more than 5 images allowed in the discussion topic?

Sorry if it was covered already, but are more than 5 images allowed in the discussion topic?

You can post any number of pictures in your DISCUSSION topic. Only the ENTRY topic is limited.

Good enough that the voters enjoy watching it :)

Exactly.

Good thing i have literally zero filming/editing experience then!

That's not a requirement. Just make sure your movie has proper lighting, so filming outside is an option.

That's not a requirement. Just make sure your movie has proper lighting, so filming outside is an option.

This is what I'm afraid of...I'm sure my video won't be very good...and it will turn down a bit my moc.....it's a shame...but one day I'll learn how to make nice videos!

If you have a smart phone, just make a simple video, with proper lighting. It doesn't have to be fancy.

The video is to "prove" your functions are working properly.

I have a good camera, but not a proper lighting at home as I work all day and I came back home afterwork when it's dark! Probably I'll do it on friday as I'm free...edit and post in on Saturday.

Question: when uploading a video on Youtube....does it takes hours/days to be visible to everyone or it's immediately?

Within a few moments, let's say 5 minutes.

Getting there with my model. Only got the battery to reposition, and the lift to fit. Then it's just a case of deciding pto machinery and some beautification of the model. I'll defintiely post an entry thread on a valid model, just might not be complete ! Defintiely won't be as pretty as some of the amazing entries so far. Video will definitely be crude!

I love the atmosphere here! Everyone is getting his entry almost ready, but not yet done! Everyone is sacrificing other chores to do this, myself included! And so many entries still not presented, this will be great contest!

My problem is biweekly trips to Germany for work and weekend trips to see the girlfriend. And what a weekend to finish on Valentine's ! So that means no build time Friday night or all of Saturday !

I love the atmosphere here! Everyone is getting his entry almost ready, but not yet done! Everyone is sacrificing other chores to do this, myself included! And so many entries still not presented, this will be great contest!

I feel like there was a lot of entries at the beginning, but quite a few people lost interest in their models, there could have been even more entries that what will be in the contest. I hope to see more great entries.