Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Decamon Tournament

The priest looked somewhat irrated, but stayed silent. A few thoughts flowed through the mind of the Munchkin.

*Heroes who admit they think everything is eventually hopeless. Great figures being carelessly killed, with no memory of what they once were. Priests that swear casually.

And all of us - we're the heroes of this story.* :look:

Arthur sighs and buys a Shark's Hand for 200 gold.

OOC: Please also note the previously-deducted 150 for my trade with Mizuki, which will bring my total gold down to 594 after purchasing my cards. :wink:

Having watched the machine hand out the cards, and having examined the frequency of the different types, the gray-cloaked rogue slipped up behind the Chi Monk.

"I just happen to have a Luminous in hand at the moment," Lind said, proffering a Glow Worm (Luminous 1).

Hybros looks to the hooded rogue. "Hm, I was thinking that a fairer trade would be for a card of the same or higher level, eheh..."

Hybros looks to the hooded rogue. "Hm, I was thinking that a fairer trade would be for a card of the same or higher level, eheh..."

"Fairer for you, certainly. But, you're the one needing the trade. And I'm the only person who seems to be interesting in making one, or at least who's spoken up.

A Glowworm will trump Fiery and Dark just as well as a Pegasus, and when it comes to levels; well, you're only lower by 2. That might hurt you, or it might not. It'll be the trump cards that are winning the day here, not the numbers - and with all the level 8s people are pulling, a level 3 - bother it, even a level 7 - won't do you any better than a level 1.

Still, though - your choice. Just remember, though - do you really want to be facing a Fiery or a Dark, with your Flamboa, and your Genie already played, and you with nothing in your deck to play against them?"

"Fairer for you, certainly. But, you're the one needing the trade. And I'm the only person who seems to be interesting in making one, or at least who's spoken up.

A Glowworm will trump Fiery and Dark just as well as a Pegasus, and when it comes to levels; well, you're only lower by 2. That might hurt you, or it might not. It'll be the trump cards that are winning the day here, not the numbers - and with all the level 8s people are pulling, a level 3 - bother it, even a level 7 - won't do you any better than a level 1.

Still, though - your choice. Just remember, though - do you really want to be facing a Fiery or a Dark, with your Flamboa, and your Genie already played, and you with nothing in your deck to play against them?"

"Hm, well it is also a seller's market, eheh... I will wait to see if I receive any better offers."

Hybros approached a young human female with blazing orange hair. He vaguely recalled tossing her into the Crystalline from Guts' boat.

"Ehehm... Karie, is it? Would you like to trade your Tangleweed (Plant 3) for my Sylph (Plant 3)? A fair trade, I think, heheh..."

Karie looks the imp over cautiously, not quite sure what to make of him... but certainly seemed familiar.

"Ah, because you have that Storm Elemental, right? Sure, I don't see why not." Karie looks through her cards and hands the imp her Tangleweed.

OOC: Sylph is actually an Electric 3, not Plant, obviously. Just a typo on my part.

Hybros grinned. "Yes, that is exactly why. Thank you. Good luck in the tournament, hehehe..." He passed over the Sylph card between two bony, taloned fingers.

Karie accepts the trade, taking the imp's card.

"Good luck to you as well. Hey, do you know if they got anything to eat around here? Refreshments?"

Karie accepts the trade, taking the imp's card.

"Good luck to you as well. Hey, do you know if they got anything to eat around here? Refreshments?"

Hybros shrugged. "I do not even know how I got here, or where 'here' even is... the last thing I remember was fighting flesh golems in an empty town..."

"I'm looking to trade my extra Moon Elemental (Icy 8) for any other elemental card I don't already have."

Matthias approaches Fenral immediately. "I will trade you any of my Rock cards for that Moon Elemental, Lady Alexis."

Heckz didn't really care about everyone else's requests for trading, although he did throw a glance at the Harlot, he went below Elphaba.

"Hey Elpha- boo! Can I buy that book we were talking about now or...?"

"I'm looking to trade my extra Moon Elemental (Icy 8) for any other elemental card I don't already have."

"I've got a Storm Elemental (Electric 8) if ya' want it, mate."

The Nord's usual grin widened at the sight of his surroundings. He took out 75 gold out of his pocket and bought a Gambler's Hand.

"Let's see what luck these cards bring me."

Note: All purchases should now be up on the first post of this topic. Please make sure you got what you ordered!

All further purchases and trades must be done within 12 hours or so! After that, this topic will be closed and the Tournament begins for real.

Heckz didn't really care about everyone else's requests for trading, although he did throw a glance at the Harlot, he went below Elphaba.

"Hey Elpha- boo! Can I buy that book we were talking about now or...?"

heroicadt-elphaba.jpg

"Well, well, isn't it the little virgin boy I met during the debacle at Eubric's Marketplace?" said the witch with a smirk. "I'm sorry to say I'm not here to trade, but if you ever come to Ozmath Marshlands, I'll be more than happy to sell you whatever book you can afford."

Seeing that the witch was answering questions, at least for the moment, the knowledge-hungry rogue quickly stepped up and took a deep bow.

"My sincerest apologies for taking up a few moments of your clearly valuable time, Mistress Witch. I merely wish to satisfy a small question in my mind about these events.

Clearly the exact nature of our teleporation here - the conjuring, the transporting, the arrival - clearly such details are private. I merely wish to know - if an individual had been aware of their upcoming teleportation, prior to the occurence, is there any way they could have taken steps to prevent it, to stay where and when they were?"

"My sincerest apologies for taking up a few moments of your clearly valuable time, Mistress Witch. I merely wish to satisfy a small question in my mind about these events.

Clearly the exact nature of our teleporation here - the conjuring, the transporting, the arrival - clearly such details are private. I merely wish to know - if an individual had been aware of their upcoming teleportation, prior to the occurence, is there any way they could have taken steps to prevent it, to stay where and when they were?"

heroicadt-elphaba.jpg

"I don't understand your question. You got an invitation, you answered yes to it, and you got teleported - simple as that. When the Tournament ends, you will be teleported back to the same moment you left from. No harm, no foul."

"I don't understand your question. You got an invitation, you answered yes to it, and you got teleported - simple as that. When the Tournament ends, you will be teleported back to the same moment you left from. No harm, no foul."

Ooc: Sorry, my bad. I thought we were all mass teleported to the Tournament. Somehow I missed the invitation part.

Purpearl holds up her spare Fiery card, "Does anyone want to trade an Aquatic card for it?"

"Certainly, I have a spare Magic Carp I could trade, do you want it?"

Note: All purchases should now be up on the first post of this topic. Please make sure you got what you ordered!

All further purchases and trades must be done within 12 hours or so! After that, this topic will be closed and the Tournament begins for real.

heroicadt-elphaba.jpg

"Well, well, isn't it the little virgin boy I met during the debacle at Eubric's Marketplace?" said the witch with a smirk. "I'm sorry to say I'm not here to trade, but if you ever come to Ozmath Marshlands, I'll be more than happy to sell you whatever book you can afford."

"You should know better than call me something I'm not, boo. If it wasn't for me your foul creature wouldn't have gotten it's horrendous hat back."

Heckz was clearly angered by how Elphaba identified him.

"Now, if you excuse me, I have a tournament to obviously los- I MEAN win."

"Certainly, I have a spare Magic Carp I could trade, do you want it?"

"Sure, my friend." Purpearl hands her Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1) to the dwarf in exchange for the Magic Carp (Aquatic 1). "Pleasure to meet you and good luck."

"You should know better than call me something I'm not, boo. If it wasn't for me your foul creature wouldn't have gotten it's horrendous hat back."

As if to himself, the rogue murmed with a smirk, "To paraphrase a wise man, from a long, long time ago, in a land far, far, away, methinks thou doth protest rather defensively..."

Hoke examines his deck, pulls out a card, and holds it up.

"Would someone like to trade for my Wintersprite (Icy 6) for a card with a matching or greater value with element I do not possess?"

Edited by UsernameMDM

Keeping his head down, Althior purchases a Shark's Hand, then makes his way to a quiet area to sort his cards.