Of course they follow a specific order and of course there's a logical explanation for skipping numbers. We simply don't know the reason :P

12-19 is interesting though. Never realised we missed those...

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Of course they follow a specific order and of course there's a logical explanation for skipping numbers. We simply don't know the reason :P

12-19 is interesting though. Never realised we missed those...

Maybe they cancelled that set, or they could not get them to work correctly.

My thoughts were that TLG had originally planned to release 10 new sets per year and so assigned a given number series to each year (42001-42010 for 2013; 42011-42020 for 2014, etc.) and that they realised they messed up with 42011 and so skipped all the way to 42020 to start over.

But then they realised that they could make a lot more money by releasing more sets each year and thus abandoned the idea altogether. :tongue:

I think they have skipped recent sets because they were not good enough and needed some improvements, like 42051/42068

They seem to have skipped heaps of numbers, there can't possibly be 42000+ sets!

I just hope they don't start using 6-digit numbers :sceptic:.

12 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

They seem to have skipped heaps of numbers, there can't possibly be 42000+ sets!

I just hope they don't start using 6-digit numbers :sceptic:.

Each theme has to start with different numbers, so I think they just skipped around as they wished for each theme. And yes, 6-digit numbers would be a pain. Remember the good old days of 4-digits?

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Looks like a certain Lego bootleg company already copied one of the 2H17 sets...

Do you have a link?

5 hours ago, LvdH said:

Looks like a certain Lego bootleg company already copied one of the 2H17 sets...

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Do you have a link?

No links and no going further with this, please.

2 hours ago, Milan said:

No links and no going further with this, please.

Ok, it has been moved to pm. No further discussion will commence.

4 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Remember the good old days of 4-digits?

Yes, it was easy to remember numbers then :grin:.

But I think Lego has used 6 or more digits on items like service packs and other not very common sets. 

At least the numbers have zeros in them at present, which means they are still basically 4-digits. (When they had two, like 42006, it was even easier to remember...) 

I don't think they ever filled up the 4-digit system, but perhaps they wanted to skip to a new, longer-lasting system as soon as they could, rather than having to change over halfway through a product line.

Please stay on topic guys....I do see way too much serious talk about LEGO in the pub :laugh: :tongue:

Any plans for the weekend? 

Come to think of it...one of my activities will include LEGO as well. I have ordered the (hopefully) last of my warehouse containers. Unfortunately some of them are on backorder will be delivered Wednesday, but I can hopefully finish sorting most of my parts. By the end of next week I hope to have finished sorting my entire Technic collection.

32 minutes ago, Jim said:

Extend and improve my son's Technic fidget spinner collection :) These pieces of plastic costs around 4€ and the kids are super crazy about them, I told him that we can do much better and more fun using Lego :D

I would be happy to see you create a topic about them :sweet:
(or I didn't pay attention and there already is a topic)

I do see a lot of LEGO fidgets on Facebook lately.

29 minutes ago, Jim said:

I have seen a few around, and I expect the craze won't last.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

...Any plans for the weekend?...

...By the end of next week I hope to have finished sorting my entire Technic collection.

I was planning on making a start sorting out my many, many boxes of parts but as you'll soon be finished sorting yours and have some time on your hands............ :sweet:

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Please stay on topic guys....I do see way too much serious talk about LEGO in the pub :laugh: :tongue:

Come to think of it...one of my activities will include LEGO as well. I have ordered the (hopefully) last of my warehouse containers. Unfortunately some of them are on backorder will be delivered Wednesday, but I can hopefully finish sorting most of my parts. By the end of next week I hope to have finished sorting my entire Technic collection.

Come to think of it, I may be sorting my collection soon, from my supercar build.

16 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Come to think of it, I may be sorting my collection soon, from my supercar build.

Just now, LvdH said:

I do recommend sorting pieces. I sort them by shape and for some colour too, because I have too many of them. It does make finding pieces so much easier!

Hmmm...Team part sorting. Could be the next big thing :sweet:

I will post a picture in the Storage & Sorting topic (which is somewhere) when I am done.

7 minutes ago, grum64 said:

Hmmm...Team part sorting. Could be the next big thing :sweet:

You may be into something :tongue:. If members lived nearby.....

I will be working on my "MOC Headquarters" topic, my drift racer project, and I might even try making a fidget spinner too!

I was away on a business trip this past week - called home to check in, and my 9 year old asked if he could "RC" my Class Xerion.  I said "OK, but... "  His reply was "great, I already RC'd the crane, I'm working on the drive train now" *huh*.

So guess what I'm doing this weekend (provided I can find all of the parts).

5 hours ago, Jim said:

I'm sure there was a topic about them, I saw it some days ago. I'll share the results there :)

9 hours ago, Jim said:

My LUG is doing a display at a hospital's children picnic.  I'm going to be running my GBC outside.  Hopefully I won't lose too many balls in the grass and it doesn't rain.

My LUG has another meeting with the contest theme being modular buildings... I am not winning anytime soon:grin:

Edited by TechnicRCRacer
Typos