15-McLaren-Artura-Spider.jpg?w=892&h=502

Some image of mclaren artura spider's color looks like bulish purple. Seems like 2024 mclaren 1:8 is artura and purple.

6 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Some image of mclaren artura spider's color looks like bulish purple. Seems like 2024 mclaren 1:8 is artura and purple. 

Let's see...

Porsche 911 GT3RS: a somewhat experimental set by LEGO, but still a car where you cannot just walk into the nearest Porsche dealer to buy one.
Bugatti Chiron: Multimillion dollar highly exclusive flagship hypercar
Lamborghini Sian: Multimillion dollar highly exclusive flagship hypercar
Ferrari Daytona SP3: Multimillion dollar highly exclusive flagship hypercar
McLaren Artura: One of the cheapest new McLaren money can buy and barely a limited production. You can probably buy a whole garage of the Artura in every spec imaginable for the price of just one of the last three.

The presented color of the 750s was also purple, so this means nothing.

Posted (edited)

I hope it has a proper mechanical hardtop.

Please lego: Don't cock it up.

Edited by SNIPE

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Let's see...

Porsche 911 GT3RS: a somewhat experimental set by LEGO, but still a car where you cannot just walk into the nearest Porsche dealer to buy one.
Bugatti Chiron: Multimillion dollar highly exclusive flagship hypercar
Lamborghini Sian: Multimillion dollar highly exclusive flagship hypercar
Ferrari Daytona SP3: Multimillion dollar highly exclusive flagship hypercar
McLaren Artura: One of the cheapest new McLaren money can buy and barely a limited production. You can probably buy a whole garage of the Artura in every spec imaginable for the price of just one of the last three.

Yet if LEGO could pull off a hard top convertible roof and cool butterfly doors… and the drivetrain was new and interesting with all the Yamaha gearbox parts (not just a copy paste like the SP3 was of the Sian) it would probably be my personal favorite of the 5… 

But if they were going down that route I’d definitely prefer the 750s spider over the Artura spider.

@LvdH How about the Speedtail then? I guess it ticks all the boxes for a "Multimillion dollar highly exclusive flagship hypercar" being limited to just 106 worldwide.
76089a-scaled.jpg

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

@LvdH How about the Speedtail then? I guess it ticks all the boxes for a "Multimillion dollar highly exclusive flagship hypercar" being limited to just 106 worldwide.

Seems far more likely imo than the Artura or GTS. It’s also something unique being a three-seater. Only thing it is a couple years old already, but then again, the Chiron was also on the market for a while before LEGO released the Technic version :classic: 

So who knows… In my opinion it’s either a rumoured P1 successor, the 750s or the Speedtail. It’s all just speculation (and maybe this discussion belongs in the speculation topic anyway, @Jim / @Milan feel free to move)

58 minutes ago, LvdH said:

It’s all just speculation (and maybe this discussion belongs in the speculation topic anyway, @Jim / @Milan feel free to move)

I will leave it here, but let's indeed end the speculation in this topic.

On 3/4/2024 at 1:19 PM, R0Sch said:

This color scheme could bring us a bunch of purple and orange parts (maybe that new shade) at the same time :) Would be in for that!

Ladies and gentleman, I don't know if sticker question is meant to be placed here, but I wonder if is there another set that 2 x 3 cockpit stocker that resembles analog gague like on 42131 set?

(sticker sheet from 42131 set is currently to expensive for me)

3 hours ago, 1gor said:

Ladies and gentleman, I don't know if sticker question is meant to be placed here, but I wonder if is there another set that 2 x 3 cockpit stocker that resembles analog gague like on 42131 set?

Does is have to be a 2x3 tile? There is this nice printed 2x4 rounded tile: 66857pr0011.
250x250p.jpg

3 hours ago, 1gor said:

Are you opposed to just printing a sticker yourself? That's what I'd do if I were you

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

Does is have to be a 2x3 tile? There is this nice printed 2x4 rounded tile: 66857pr0011.

This one is nice, but to big

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Are you opposed to just printing a sticker yourself? That's what I'd do if I were you

I was thinking about that indeed, but first I need to find time to design it, or to resize it (at least)

Edited by 1gor

42094 and 42107 both have 2x3 dashboard stickers if you want to check those out.

44 minutes ago, Stereo said:

42094 and 42107 both have 2x3 dashboard stickers if you want to check those out.

Those are not depicting analog gauges. :tongue:

15 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Indeed. Perhaps best way is to listen to @2GodBDGlory after all

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Indeed. Perhaps best way is to listen to @2GodBDGlory after all

How about this one from 42127:
42127stk01.png
You can cut one small gauge off to make it fit a 2x3 tile.

Edited by R0Sch

44 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Maybe I misunderstood the goal then cause I see analog gauges on both of them.

2 minutes ago, Stereo said:

Maybe I misunderstood the goal then cause I see analog gauges on both of them.

OK, you could count this one albeit it's a digital dashboard of a motorcycle, but it sure looks similar enough to the D11 dashboard.
26603pb105.png

@Stereo and @R0Sch

you gentleman  you got me some excelent ideas, so perhaps cutting and adjusting could be the key... I'll think about it and make more concepts probably during weekend.

Kind regards

has anyone purchased any 'fake' lego pneaumatic parts? have been wanting to use some for various things mainly for rc scale models do do things such as suspension and diff locking, but the prices for genuine parts are too much for me. I've had some good experiences with fake lego motors from aliexpress, and there are pneuamatic parts available online for much cheaper than the genuine ones. wondering if anyone had any recommendations. thanks

19 minutes ago, dantheman12 said:

has anyone purchased any 'fake' lego pneaumatic parts? have been wanting to use some for various things mainly for rc scale models do do things such as suspension and diff locking, but the prices for genuine parts are too much for me. I've had some good experiences with fake lego motors from aliexpress, and there are pneuamatic parts available online for much cheaper than the genuine ones. wondering if anyone had any recommendations. thanks

PM sent

On 3/6/2024 at 5:40 AM, 1gor said:

Not sure if you tried, but I called Lego customer service and was quite honest in telling them I had somehow misplaced a sticker sheet and they sent me a replacement free of charge. Different set but may work for you?

Is it possible to buy sticker sheets from lego.com? Or can I only get a new one by calling customer service? I'd like one for the Ford Raptor set, and cannot find it on lego.com (only on Bricklink, but not much available around here).