Thanks for your input guys ! I really like yellow too, but it can't be built, because I used Bright Light Orange (Chima Yellow). Regular yellow is brighter, it might not look as good. Actually, only the white / red and the orange version can be built. I don't have it yet, but I'll probably buy the set and the needed white parts to build the white / red version, since it's also my favorite after the yellow one.

Edited by Leewan

wow, 8420 is so much better in every way, update 8420 with new panels and it floors this one in my opinion.

Yup, dark blue is the best, medium blue is boring, IMO. I'd love to see those gold rims on gerger's mod.

wow, 8420 is so much better in every way, update 8420 with new panels and it floors this one in my opinion.

There are much more parts in 8420, though.

Yes, as I said in my OP, the 42036 misses a lot of features. It made me realise even more that the 8420 was a fantastic design, a true classic (but it had its drawbacks as well).

But I must confess that this bike has its merits as well: It looks more sleek and mean next to the 8420 and has less rolling resistance than the 8051. It is a much more playable bike and that was exactly the point I believe.

I have build one from my stock parts in red with gold rims, added some details and it starts to grown on me.

ctfme.jpg

However, I'm still planning a major redesign with a functioning gearbox, different engine layout, possibly 8420 rims, and more details (pegs, levers, brakes, etc).

Undecided about the colour scheme yet, but the dark blue version is not (yet) possible in real bricks, unfortunately.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

This is where yellow comes as beauty in Technic - I'd prefer this set as yelow/black with black rims.

Undecided about the colour scheme yet, but the dark blue version is not (yet) possible in real bricks, unfortunately.

Add some white. ;)

This is where yellow comes as beauty in Technic - I'd prefer this set as yelow/black with black rims.

I'm currently rendering in (regular) yellow / black with dark bley rims, and gerger's version with gold rims. I've also made a 42039 version : white and bright green. :grin:

Added lots of white....

Perhaps a bit too much. :wink:

I tried some other alternate color schemes (the black one is gerger's mod with golden rims) :

16325376575_5fe91b1857_c.jpg

16139981538_99bbc447fe_c.jpg

16329735295_ccc959fc30_c.jpg

And all of them can be built IRL. :D

4500286298_caacb06eab.jpg

Anyone else seeing this when you look at the motorcycle?

I want to, I really want to, but that Gulf color is orange.

Edited by m0dulo

Firtst three colour-ideas for the b-model

16146828827_a63c6c307b_z.jpg

Did some minor changes to the b-model aswell

16331247001_946f9b1735_z.jpg

Toady ive ordered some extra parts to rebuild the a-model into a red version.

16332852715_cb6f27ef02_z.jpg

Edited by JunkstyleGio

I customised little bit b-model with parts that I found at home:

Milxykr.jpg

Headlights, taillights, signlights, mirrors and handlebars. Also get rid of those light blue panels and replaced them with larger red ones.

Edit: I remaked saddle/taillights combination because first one was ugly:

yj51ckX.jpg

Think it´s better now...

Edit2: Now I think I nailed it... Flattened tank line looks much better:

6EQRJ8L.jpg

Edited by MacKaiwer

Hey guys, i got the 42036 yesterday from my girlfriend just because she thought I would like it (that's amazing is't it). When we came home I began building it immediately . I got to say the way is all fits together is amazing, especially the way the frontfork and the steering works, really well thought. But there are some cons offcourse like the missing footpegs and the handlebars have no levers like the 8051 and the 42007.

During the build, i thought this half-build, panelless, bare-looking, kind of half-caferacer kindalooking also looks really good in a way..

16264872017_d0967831a1_z.jpgTechnic by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

The finished A-model:

15830702113_f5cab6664d_z.jpgTechnic by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

The way the exhaust doesn't connect had me really thinking like Heh? Also the exhaust pipes start at a really weird spot, looks like they come out of the engines top. So i tried changing that. I got the panels off, so the engine shows. And i added two more backlights. I think it looks really nice. You could consider replacing the outer two lights for orange ones, signal lights.

16449028571_a6a12bd5d0_z.jpgTechnic by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

15830708763_3c2fa5c1b9_z.jpgTechnic by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

16424783666_831246421e_z.jpgTechnic by JesseJeremyVD, on Flickr

So today i wil build the B-model first, and after that maybe modding the A model further.

Edited by Jesse Jeremy

You mean like this?

eFzYqrx.jpg

Gauges are from hovercraft. Also maked levers and saddle. I took side panels from second 42036 and made it look like this:

QI5hnOr.jpg

I ordered some parts and will change that ugly grey connector at side panels to red one. Also not 100 % satisfied my headlight area customisation and will try to make it better. Wind shield is also modified because gauges needed more room.

Edit: I placed the original red "nose cone" back and it immediately looked better:

NNNnHiw.jpg

I hate the gap between two blue front panels but I think I must live with it.

Edited by MacKaiwer

Yes like that, it looks really good with 2 orange and 2 red lights. Like the way you panelled the bike as well. Nice mods you did with the levers, footpegs, windshield, seat and so on. Good job

This one time more... Now it's ready to me. Now there is finally that red piece on the sidepanel and the mirrors are more aerodynamic. I think my job is done with this mod, now I only enjoy it and display it:

dH1EHQL.jpg

Edited by MacKaiwer

I ordered also a "golden rims" set for me...

in my opinion 42036 it's a set with lot of potential for MODs...

wind shield needs some improvements - but unfortunately - no other options at this moment...