TheBrickPal

What were your First and Last BIONICLE G1 Sets?

So with the return of BIONICLE imminent, I'd like to ask you all one simple question. Looking for it? Just read the title of this topic! I'll start: My first set was Krekka, and my last were a bunch of 2001-2002 sets I got all at once from my cousin last month.

Hoping to rekindle quite a bit of nostalgia with this. And if that isn't enough... http://brickset.com/article/12398/classic-lego-sets-bionicle

My first bionicle was piraka vezok, I still remember bringing him home from Walmart that day, And remains my favorite bionicle to date.

My last was gadunka a year or two back. He's pretty cool too.

My first was Toa Mata Onua, and this remained as one of my favourite sets.

My last was, I think, Glatorian Stroneus, which I thought was pretty great

My last was gadunka a year or two back. He's pretty cool too.

Gadunka was a fun set

First was Gali and Vakama (immediately followed by a "MUST HAVE MORE" purchase of Tahu).

Last was Rahkshi from 2010 (although I think I might have gotten an older set like Kohrak Kal after that).

The first was either Toa Gali Mata or a Kohrak Va. Which came first I don't remember, but fond memories of both abound.

When the death bell rang, Tahu and Piraka Stars sets were the last BIONICLE sets to be bought brand-new; however, I've recently completed Toa Kopaka Mata, whose last missing piece -a white Kanohi Akaku- arrived a few months ago, along with some other miscellaneous BIONICLE and Throwbots parts. Perhaps that would count as the last set I "bought", though the set has come together rather piecemeal.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist

My first (proper) set was Gali Mata, although I owned all six Tohunga before I purchased her.

The last retail set that I bought was a duplicate of Tahu Stars for golden armor displaying purposes, although I have purchased numerous sets from Ebay since then.

My story with Bionicle is quite interesting... I never really was into Bionicle growing up and although I had several Rahaga, most of the other sets I got for my birthday/Christmas presents remained sealed and were given away. I remember the moment very clearly when I had first intentionally bought a Bionicle. I was bored at Target, and was young enough that I could ask my parents to get me something small and they would capitulate. However, it was in the middle of the year and there were no new sets released. I reluctantly (because I couldn't waste a Target trip and not buy anything) got Berix, mostly because I wanted his blue tube for my other sets. I built him. And fell in love with Bionicle. Over the past few years I have Bricklinked most of the older Bionicle sets, and have a complete set of all the Toa Mata, Nuva, Metru, Hordika, and only missing one figure from all the other teams. I own most of the baddies, but missing a Rahi or two... I am now an avid fan and very well-versed in the lore and storyline, all starting from that one Berix set (Which, looking back, wasn't really ever a great set anyways!)

The last Bionicle set I bought when they were still available was another Tahu from the Stars line in which (similar to Mesonak above) I bought for golden armor completion. As for Bricklink, I am still awaiting a shipment of Nui-Jaga so my Manas won't be the only 2001 Rahi in my house. I am even in the process of a Eurobricks trade in which I trade Darth Revan for the Matoran Garan.

My first would be Pohatu Mata, unless you want to count the mctoran, in which case my first would be Jala. It was getting the mctoran from McDonald's that got me into Bionicle, and Lego, after all.

My last, I think, was the Piraka Stars set. The stars weren't great but they had some interesting parts.

First- Tahu and Pohatu Mata

Last- Can't quite remember. I think it was 2 Vastus sets cause I needed the parts for a Skrall Stars Revamp. Or it could have been the Skopio and Thornatus sets. Either way I'm positive it was a 2009 set.

My first set was a...parts mask pack. Yeah. I wasn't sure if I liked those weird Slizer-like characters yet so I got into the whole lore only after I fell in love with the concept, the masks, the exotic names..

A few weeks later, I got Tahu and Gali.

My last set was Star Gresh. I got Star Tahu and Rahkshi together, I was disappointed so I swore to not buy another Star but then Gresh won me over. I still regret buying every one of those, aside from some pieces. I wasn't interested in Nektann, Skrall and not-quiteTakanuva, and so my BIONICLE sets collecting days were over..until now of course.

EDIT: Oh man, mask pack. Why did I type that...

Edited by Shakar

My first was Lehvak.

The last one I bought in the actual toy store was Gresh Stars, but after that I bought some older sets in the internets. The last one I purchased was the purple Nui-Jaga, which I got in 2012 I think (bought it for parts, but after I built him, I just fell in love with that set).

My first BIONICLE set was really my first TWO sets: 8534 Tahu and 8540 Vakama from a special offer in the March/April 2001 LEGO Mania Magazine!

My last BIONICLE set was... hmm, not sure. Probably 7136 Skrall or something like that. It's a set my younger brother already had at that point, but I was not that smart with my impulse purchases back then, especially since at that point I was at college and so we couldn't play with each other's sets like we could have when we were all back home.