Sign in to follow this  
Yzalirk

Through Arroyo

Katib Vem Tabook is marching some of his forced through a small settlement called Arroyo. Arroyo is a poor settlement but is known for some of the fiercest and strong-minded warriors. Vem Tabook's campaign through this settlement is to simply scare those that oppose the reign of this false prophet.

15292023145_3a837f48d9.jpg

Notice how this false prophet flaunts out his new "legs". Forged by Vasilik, one of the Zar-Ifrik's greatest blacksmiths. Powered by strong magic and created by the concept of the little Skitter bugs found near the Rakath Mountains, this terrifying creation was born. The lower steel body is just as tough as the armor of the Zar-Ifrikt.

15291635992_f73ab158b6.jpg

15105308630_01ff60baf3.jpg

Not even some of the warriors can handle a few Zar-Ifrikt soldiers but there will be that one hero, some day, to conquer them treacherous beings. But that, will be a story another day...

15105268719_7b21732be3.jpg

I'd like to apologize for the poor picture quality because I find that it's a bit harder for better quality pictures when it's such a large build since this is on a 32x32 base. My next build should have better pictures and I may come back to this and add better pictures. :classic:

Edited by Behemoth

I think the lighting gives it a creepy sinister vibe- intentional or otherwise! I love the spider legged guy. Very sweet indeed.

I think the lighting gives it a creepy sinister vibe- intentional or otherwise! I love the spider legged guy. Very sweet indeed.

Yes, I agree with this. Also, if necessary, you can put a BURP or a piece of wall behind a minifigure, then focus the camera, and remove the wall before you actually take the picture. That's worked for me sometimes :classic:

Nice! I don't think there is anything wrong with the photography, looks fine to me. Also I really like the soldiers, they look very nice. And the spiderman, very cool!

Cool little vignette, I like your soldiers and the hut.

Nice build, however I think some overall pictures would be nice, as well as some more ground texture.

Yes, I agree with this. Also, if necessary, you can put a BURP or a piece of wall behind a minifigure, then focus the camera, and remove the wall before you actually take the picture. That's worked for me sometimes :classic:

Nice spider-legged guy! And I like the staff as well!

Creepy looking army there with a badass leader :)

Nice! I don't think there is anything wrong with the photography, looks fine to me. Also I really like the soldiers, they look very nice. And the spiderman, very cool!

Very nice figures!

Nice job, I really like the story and those figs. great hut as well :thumbup:

Thanks guys! :classic:

The minifigure in the front is my sig-fig but once I feel better, since I'm sick as of right now, I'll have another MOC up featuring the creation of that frame. I was skeptical about it at first since I thought no one would like it but it's made from steel and powered by magic, hence the Warlock/Mage in the front with the staff as well. :wink:

Intresting build! I like the shallow pond at the side, seems reminiscent of an oasis. Maybe add a little texturing to the ground, as an improvement. Also your photography is surprisingly good, even though you think it's bad photography it's still about equal to my good photography.

The minifigure in the front is my sig-fig but once I feel better, since I'm sick as of right now, I'll have another MOC up featuring the creation of that frame. I was skeptical about it at first since I thought no one would like it but it's made from steel and powered by magic, hence the Warlock/Mage in the front with the staff as well. :wink:

Cool. I like how the legs require a mage to power it, since a slight count ability makes it seem more realistic and believable and helps explain why it isn't common :)

Very nice army, I especially like that spider contraption! (You are getting the hang of the level of technology here :wink:)

I agree with ZC that some more texturing on the ground would be nice, and also keep in mind when you have a surface of water like those tiles that it looks weird if there is a lower part right next to the water. I would suggest putting a 1x1 plate or brick in that gap.

Regarding the photography, narrow depth of field is not necessarily a bad thing when taking closeups as long as the object in focus is what you want to emphasize in your picture. When the whole picture is blurry however, that seems to indicate to me that you are taking the pictures with a too long exposure time while holding the camera. A tripod solves that problem.

Good to see another MOC from you Behemoth! That's a great looking squad and the commander is indeed quite ferocious looking. I also like the photography.

Scary looking group :devil: I like the setting you made here with the palm trees, pond, and little building :thumbup:

I think another layer of tan plates around the water so that there's more of a bank would look good. Though if you were going for more of a 'puddle' look, this works better :classic: