Caribbean Clipper or Imperial Flagship?

23 replies to this topic  – Started by texas_jack_can , Aug 04 2006 06:21 AM

#1 texas_jack_can

texas_jack_can

Member: 842

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:21 AM

Well, the topic says it all. I like the look of the Caribbean Clipper better, but the sails in the Imperial Flagship are nice. The downside to each is the lack of detail on the Clipper, and the narrow hulls on the flagship, soooo........

Which one should I get? I'd like to hear you opninions, and links to pic reviews if they exist, as I can't seem to find them.

Thanks all

#2 SkaForHire

SkaForHire
  • Historica's Fortune Teller

Member: 759

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:36 AM

View Posttexas_jack_can, on Aug 4 2006, 02:21 AM, said:

Well, the topic says it all. I like the look of the Caribbean Clipper better, but the sails in the Imperial Flagship are nice. The downside to each is the lack of detail on the Clipper, and the narrow hulls on the flagship, soooo........

Which one should I get? I'd like to hear you opninions, and links to pic reviews if they exist, as I can't seem to find them.

Thanks all

I dont know, I have both, I have used the flagship more for things because it looks slicker in my opinion. The CC has to be better for playability though, more hull room... I always felt that the european factions got totally boned on ships thruout the line.... though i really like Armada Flagship because of the colors lol... however all are small and undergunned... CC is probably the best ship out of all of them, but IF looks like it sails better... guess it is all personal opinion.
D.L.T.B.G.Y.D.  Flickr Feed

Dugal MacLean of the Kaliphlin Guild ~ "GEAR Up with GEAR CO supplies."

Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image
Triumphal Arch of Petraea ... | ....   Devil's Island   ...... | ........    Rakath Mountain Ritual

#3 Captain Roger

Captain Roger
  • Salty EB dog

Member: 376

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:36 PM

Imperial flaship is really better because is more realistic than Caribbean Clipper...I think Imperial flagship a very beautiful ship and Caribbean Clipper Looks ugly and strange...because the string of the mast must be in port and starboard and not inside the ship
LET'S CRAH THE IMPERIAL GUARDS!!!

#4 Djole

Djole

Member: 809

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:37 AM

Well,I'm looking at the Santa Cruz right now (imperial flagship)and... it's so beautiful...
But I think you should get CC... in the moment rigth now it's easier to get the IF than the CC...
you will miss it one day...
But it's your choice...the impportainst thing is that YOU CAN'T HO WRONG IN ANY WAY  ;-)

Greetings from Serbia

#5 Captain Roger

Captain Roger
  • Salty EB dog

Member: 376

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:04 PM

View PostdJOLe_sk8, on Aug 5 2006, 03:37 AM, said:

Well,I'm looking at the Santa Cruz right now (imperial flagship)and... it's so beautiful...
But I think you should get CC... in the moment rigth now it's easier to get the IF than the CC...
you will miss it one day...
But it's your choice...the impportainst thing is that YOU CAN'T HO WRONG IN ANY WAY  ;-)

Greetings from Serbia

You're wrong...the Santa Cruz is Armada flagship and no imperial flagship
LET'S CRAH THE IMPERIAL GUARDS!!!

#6 Djole

Djole

Member: 809

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

Darn... Those name differents track me again...
I will learn the american ones,one day I will...  ;-)

Caribbean Clipper still remains my favourite (between those two)

Greetings from Serbia

#7 Sean

Sean

Member: 828

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:22 PM

I think they both have their advantages, and I liked them both the same.  I would probably reccomend the CC though, as you get more cannons, plus you get that cool little golden parrot/eagle thing hehe.

#8 texas_jack_can

texas_jack_can

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking CC right now, but mainly because it is cheaper on eBay than the IF. Go figure that one eh, the larger ship being cheaper!

#9 Jipay

Jipay
  • Steve Wet

Member: 1

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

The clipper was my first pirate boat, but I thinkn I just like the flagship better in term of design. One of the major advantage of the clipper would be that it better suit for MOCs (bigger, better)

#10 john cleese

john cleese

Member: 610

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:58 PM

flagship, the cave like cabin in the clipper looks rather lame in my opinion and the flagship not only has nicer sails its alot more detailed. I wouldnt even consider buying the clipper rather than the flagship.

#11 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 10 August 2006 - 01:03 PM

Once upon a time I created a poll asking which was the best non pirate ship, so The Caribbean Clipper, Imperial Flagship and Armada Flagship were the options.  I think the Imperial Flagship won but I can't quite remember, so if you're intrigue then that's something to go searching for.

Brickset reviews - neither are helpful in my option because they're written by those who obviously dearly love them.
Caribbean Clipper Reviews
Imperial Flagship Reviews

LEGO Maniac's Review of the Caribbean Clipper

UPDATE!!!

Here is a link to the poll thread I mentioned.  Turns out I was wrong because the Caribbean Clipper is winning by two votes.  I'll bump the thread in case the newer users would like to submit a different opinion.

Posted Image

#12 texas_jack_can

texas_jack_can

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for all the info Phes. I've read those reviews, but they didn't really help me make a decision, and thankfully the Armada flagship isn't winning, because then I'd have a third choice in an already tough decision.

#13 Jipay

Jipay
  • Steve Wet

Member: 1

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

Save and get both from ebay France. That's my advice !

#14 Evil Willy

Evil Willy
  • Mini Phes

Member: 563

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:15 PM

Jipays advice is good advice, for some reason ebay france is sooo cheap. But I would maybe go for the Flagship, I really like the elegance.

#15 Brick Miner

Brick Miner
  • Saloon Gambler

Member: 646

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:03 AM

hey jack !!!  get the imperial flagship, its a great work of art...  plus you already have the matching imperial trading post !!!  if you had elderado fortress i might suggest otherwise...  errr...  no, i could never bring myself do say that !!!

- BrickMiner
check out my about me thread.

also, check out The LEGO Western Expansion MOC Page at MOCpages.com !!!
and Brick Miner's Extras BrickLink.com store !!!

#16 texas_jack_can

texas_jack_can

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:43 AM

Well, Eldorado is on the list too, but right now, my imperials need a ship. Anyway, the purchase of lego will have to take a hold for now, I just got a deal on a new video card that was much needed for my comp. But I think perhaps saving up to get both is not a bad idea. There are rumors of another rebeat check in Alberta, to the sum of 300 somthing, so that could finance an Imperial fleet and Eldorado, if I get lucky in auctions :-)

#17 Legeaux

Legeaux

Member: 893

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:36 AM

Ahoy,

The 'clipper is, I think, cheaper, because it's far more common.

Go for the 'clipper if you want a basis for building MOC vessels.

The 'Flagship is nicer looking, though, and much more 'realistic' in terms of its rig than the 'clipper (if such things matter to you).

Your nauticalmileage may vary.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
Cheers

Richie Dulin
CO Legeaux

#18 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!

Member: 851

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:20 PM

I don't own one of those, but IMO I think the clipper looks nicer, except for the cabin, what looks like a cave, the IF doesn't have a cabin because of the rudder thingy.. Both are nice ships, but if I could choose between those two I think I'll go for the clipper, the rigging can be changed, as for the sail on the back, you can add one...yup, I would go for the clipper

Arrr

Mr Tiber

#19 Scouty

Scouty
  • [not worthy of classic film title]

Member: 863

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

I'd go with the Imperial Flagship. I like it because of the better detail. The sails are also good too.
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#20 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:49 PM

I already ordered the CC yesterday, so I'll go for the Imperial Flagship next time :-P

#21 Dreamweb

Dreamweb
  • Thanks for your contributions!

Member: 396

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

I think you made the right decision. I agree with those who said that IF has a better appearance and is much more realistic. However, the CC is bigger and has a bigger MOCing potential. And the wide hull is simply better. So as a MOCer I would choose the CC.

Sean said:

I would probably reccomend the CC though, as you get more cannons

Nay, they both have 2 cannons :-)

Right now I have 2 IFs and 2 CCs and if I were to get another one, I'd choose CC. Mainly because of the hull.

#22 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Member of the stwnfbjs Club

Member: 822

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:09 PM

Without any doubt, the Imperial Flagship looks much better than the CC.
Also there is a imperial guard with shako in this set!
But both ships are a bit to small in my opinion and should be enlarged.
Anyway, I have both. But they are disassembled since i have not enough space to display them  :-$

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#23 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:14 PM

Have you alreday made a choice Texas Jack Can? With all these information you sould be able to make one. My CC arrived some days ago but I have to say, that it looks better on the pictures than it is in real.... I reccomend you to go for the IF, what looks more realistic, and has better sails..

#24 moschino

moschino
  • Blue fashion victim.

Member: 32406

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

View PostMister Phes, on 10 August 2006 - 01:03 PM, said:

Brickset reviews - neither are helpful in my option because they're written by those who obviously dearly love them.

This is true, and this is due to their bad policy.
They have the option to press the button for like or dislike the review.
This option shouldn't be bad, but if you get many dislikes, then your review becomes hidden and at the end it gets even deleted.

I posted many reviews on Brickset, some of them rated the set with 4-5 starts, and some of them rated the set with 1-3 stars.
Obviously, where I rated the set with 1-3 stars, two months later my review didn't exist anymore, so the sad conclusion is that you were completely right.
Brickset reviews are totally useless because they always show great is the set but never judge the set as it is with its own bad aspects.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links