georgivar

MOC: A Yellow House

Hi again :)

Here is my latest creation - a yellow house in CC style. It is a recreation of a real building in my hometown Sofia.

Here is the real one:

14251388.jpg

And here is my Lego rendering:

4795856532_179b193a0b_z_d.jpg

4795223133_f33a89d7f3_z_d.jpg

It is not quite finished but the general look is this.

That's pretty much spot on, good job.

My only criticism would be, tan colour in stead of yellow would be perfect.

I like it. I think the black roof works pretty well with the yellow brick/white details combination. I think tan would give a more realistic feel, and you could go that way for model accuracy, but we do have yellow-painted buildings in the real world too - maybe you should just build another one, tan instead of yellow, and place each of them in different parts of your Lego town.

Keep up the good work - and I'm a conformist!! :thumbup:

Excellent MOC 'georgivar' - I really like the yellow used here, though a lighter shade would be a closer match - but still an excellent design ! :thumbup:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Its super cool i love it :sweet:, i love the terace too, good job! :thumbup:

A really nice MOC, very close to the original. I like the yellow and white combitation of colors, it makes clear that the house has just passed renovation.

10x all :) you are very kind!

regarding the color - the actual building looks more yellow than tan. It never occurred to me that I could use tan. And on the other side - I don't have so many tan bricks ;)

See it on Classic-Town.net

Can't wait to see this one in person in a couple of months!

Simply extremely excellent design as usual, Georgi! It`s very nice to see any of your mocs`s and I can`t wait to see it finished :thumbup:

WOW!!

Excellent work, the MOC is absolutely stuning and quite close to the original model!!!

It also fits perfectly in the feel LEGO is gibing it's modular CC houses/buildings

SUPERB!

Pirate

Wow, that's a lovely rendering of the real house. You really captured the overall look of the real thing very well. Job most impressive 'georgivar'! :thumbup:

10x all :) you are very kind!

regarding the color - the actual building looks more yellow than tan. It never occurred to me that I could use tan. And on the other side - I don't have so many tan bricks ;)

Wonderful building! I love it! Great recreation of an existing building. :classic::thumbup:

If you would want to nitpick on details: light yellow would probably come closest in the Lego color guide, from what I observe from the photo.

But I am unsure if all the needed bricks are available in that particular color.

And one could argue that regular yellow is a more pleasing color variation in a particular city layout.

For the smaller windows in the attic I would like to suggest this piece for the trimming: Link to piece on Bricklink. As it is more curved.

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Great rendering of a house in bricks!

You can get a shade of yellow closer to real life, Light Yellow. But it is possibly less common (I have about six bricks in this colour..) so rather a costly replacement.

Great building, and really close to the real thing.

Just one small comment, I would make the floors of the balconies one or two plates thinner, they look rather massive now, and also leave out the plates under the tiles on top of the railing if you understand what I mean. I think that would make the balconies a bit more "Airy", if thats a word.

I think the yellow gives the building an extreme fresh look, and fits well in the summertime.

Very nicely built! The whole thing has a wonderful feel to it. It does look like the balconies on the model stick out a hair farther than on the real one, so if you're shooting for accuracy there, consider replacing the extruding 1 x 4 fence pieces with a few telescope pieces to shorten it up a little. Just a thought!

I think it looks great! I think sometimes trying to recreate a "real" building is harder than doing your own creation. I love the brightness of it! Keep up the good work!

Well done, I actually have no suggestions for this, as even though it doesn't look exactly like the photo I find it beautiful :tongue: