• Please log in to reply
2287 replies to this topic

#26 Darth Legolas

Darth Legolas

• Oh boy vomit brick!

Member: 4695

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:52 PM

View PostSvelte, on Nov 21 2009, 12:34 AM, said:

Unless there's a new theme of western space cavemen wrestlers on the way, I think this must be Universe related.

Posted Image

Is that a digital-fake piece or can you actually make the Spaceman's gun? I really want to build something like that. It would go good with Stormies.

EDIT: Wait, these will be collectible? Well I'm definitely getting that spaceman! I want that gun! And imagine those legs on a trooper!

Edited by Darth Legolas, 21 November 2009 - 03:56 PM.

...I have a Death Star...

#27 MrTools

MrTools

Member: 4572

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

I really like the idea, even if you get random parts that don't match (gives me a reason to keep getting more :grin: ) But if it comes out in august thats a good nine months.

#28 The Who

The Who

• No more boogers

Member: 2808

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:20 AM

View PostSvelte, on Nov 21 2009, 05:34 AM, said:

Posted Image
That looks like Hagrid's beard trimmed down to a regular fig's proportions.

View PostRas 74, on Nov 21 2009, 08:43 AM, said:

The rumor talked about a "Nacho Libre" fig
that we obviously just seen, also about Cheerleader with pom-poms.
Cheerleader? I wonder exactly how they would make thouse pom-poms...

View PostOky Wan Kenobi, on Nov 21 2009, 10:11 AM, said:

Will this be in the US too?
I sure hope so! This is an excellent way to get some more fig parts. Plus, if we can't see through the bags, we can always feel them. :laugh:
"When informed of the waiting period on guns at walmart; it is not infact witty to reply asking where the chainsaws are. Police will be notified."

Like free third person shooters? Online? You should join me on Battlefield Heroes, make sure you use this link.
Battlefield Heroes Link

#29 Joey Lock

Joey Lock

• Captain Blue Hair drives a pink scooter!

Member: 1823

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:47 AM

The new bits would come in handy if they are true.

The space gun would be good for Power Miners and Space Police. Looks like the new Fish accesory.

Also the new beard will be good for Pirate themes. Such as Marooned men!

Posted Image

God save the gracious King,
Long live the noble King,
God save the King:
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King.

Posted Image

#30 Torax

Torax

Member: 6953

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:12 AM

View PostRas 74, on Nov 21 2009, 07:43 PM, said:

I actually might now abit about this.
You know those crappy cards that kids is collecting with Yogi Yo and what not?
Imagine this with LEGO minifigs. Don´t recall the exact details here.
There will be a set with 16 different minifigs in polybags that you can´t see through.
This to make kids (yeah right  :hmpf: ) want more figs to collect. The rumor talked about a "Nacho Libre" fig
that we obviously just seen, also about Cheerleader with pom-poms. Those 16 figs is a first batch, then there will be another one as well.
The cost in Europe will be around 2.5 ‚ each. Hope I made it all understandable, otherwise ask...
Do you mean there will be a pack with 16 minifigs for 2.5 ‚? :grin:
Or most likely; one minifig at 2.5 ‚ each? That's theft! I would pay 2.5 ‚ for a pack of at least four minifigs. Different whatever.
Either way, I can't wait. Do we have any release date/year?

Edited by Torax, 22 November 2009 - 10:14 AM.

[My Introduction Topic: Link][Trade me your regular LEGO for my BIONICLE! PM me for a list of what BIONICLEs I have!]
[Star Wars Module Standard?]

#31 jonwil

jonwil

Member: 1239

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

This idea sounds cool. Only sucky thing is that LEGO is not going to release this until August, delaying what is likely to be one of the hottest sellers in years.

That gun reminds me of the classic Star Trek Phaser or the guns from things like Buck Rodgers, i.e. the classic "sci-fi" ray gun (seen in many sci-fi films and TV that predate Star Wars and the more "realistic" guns that appeared in that movie)

#32 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:46 AM

View PostRas 74, on Nov 21 2009, 07:43 PM, said:

The cost in Europe will be around 2.5 € each. Hope I made it all understandable, otherwise ask...
Wait, so it's still a normal minifig right?

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#33 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• Spam Hunter

Member: 4757

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

I hope so ever so much. I love custom figures. I think very few of any I have built at the moment came that way in the Box. I swear those new collectable buildable figures will be popular with little girls too, especialy if there are enough "girly" parts to collect. I can see the boys and girls trading parts to get rid of yucky girly/silly boyish minifig parts. This should be a huge success if it is what we are imagining.

If Anime has taught me anything, we're gonna need a gunsword

-

Its the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted ImagePosted Image

#34 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:18 PM

Looks like bricklink is going to have a few new entries and some more of my money.

#35 Mission Commander

Mission Commander

Member: 6800

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:05 PM

Was this confermed in the US? Where came I buy them? How much do they cost? When is the release date!
Posted Image

#36 The Cobra

The Cobra

• RA Anniversary that 'jumps' in once a year

Member: 2895

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:47 PM

2,50 Euros is quite a lot, given that an ordinary impulse set is priced 3 Euros. I just hope they're not gonna raise prices again.
But, caveman and wrestler and so on look really great!
Most overread phrase on S@H: "Sorry, item is not available in this country: Italy."

Quick Links: My introduction topic -  My first sets - My LDD MOCs. My Brickset: Have list - Want list. Reviews archive: see About me page.

#37 Markypops

Markypops

Member: 1931

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

I've got to say that if this is true, I am absolutely loving this idea. What a great way to pick up minifigs. Nice to know that LEGO can still pull out a few surprises.

#38 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:16 PM

That got me thinking, a caveman line would be sweet, even if it was only for one year.

#39 Skipper 24

Skipper 24

• I live in Engalnd

Member: 1851

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:22 PM

Awesome. I can't wait for these guys to be released in what ever form, weather it be polybag or set. I just love that wrestler, I'm not sure why but he just screams awesome.
Posted Image <-- Thanks Hound Knight
Flickr Brickshelf

#40 Izzy

Izzy

• Strip me naked and slap me with an Atlantic Salmon

Member: 1628

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:27 PM

View PostSkipper 24, on Nov 25 2009, 08:22 AM, said:

Awesome. I can't wait for these guys to be released in what ever form, weather it be polybag or set. I just love that wrestler, I'm not sure why but he just screams awesome.

He screams awesome because he is Nacho Libre and Nacho (Jack Black) is awesome. I wonder if they had to buy a license to create that one?

To Do Is To Be - Nietzsche  
To Be Is To Do - Kant    
To Be Or Not To Be - Shakespeare    
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Flickr

#41 Diamondback

Diamondback

Member: 4586

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:40 AM

The gunslinger's an adventure/Indy-knockoff, not a cowboy--there's a big difference between a '20s-'40s fedora and a cowboy 10-gallon, even though Stetson did make a lot of both. For one, the fedora's body is usually teardrop-shaped as opposed to the Western era's usually round or round with a "trough" down the center of the top.

Anyone really wants to discuss the finer points of historical headwear, PM me and I'll tell you about a forum specialized in such things.

----------------
Now playing: Voltaire - When You're Evil
via FoxyTunes

#42 Lord Admiral

Lord Admiral

Member: 3538

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:24 AM

I'm hoping they offer them in NA as well as Europe.

Though from my experience, these things are done as promotions to prevent people from buying whole pallets of these things, so it may very well be limited geographically.

#43 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:55 AM

Nice Find  :thumbup:

Some of these figs are really nice and are very detailed !
I especially like the Spaceman!  :wub:
Makes me think of maybe a modern day remake of Classic Space  :laugh:
The gun or laser gun looks like a new part! Similar to the SW Rex Clone  small Blasters! :oh:

I also like the Cowboy/gunslinger figure!

So where can I find these in USA and how much?  :laugh:

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#44 JCC1004

JCC1004

Member: 4845

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:20 AM

View PostBig Cam, on Nov 23 2009, 11:16 AM, said:

That got me thinking, a caveman line would be sweet, even if it was only for one year.
Then the cavemen in the Geico Commercials would have a fit.  :tongue:  These do sound nice. I'm just nor sure how easy then will be to obtain. :devil: I'm loving the fedora in dark tan. :wub:

#45 Forresto

Forresto

• Soccor Star

Member: 6841

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:16 AM

View PostSvelte, on Nov 21 2009, 12:34 AM, said:

Posted Image

Is it just me or does the blaster look a lot like Brickforge's Mega gun

Anyways the astronaut is incredible! Maybe this could be an upcoming astronaut in SPIII. You never know because the Classic Space people were a different orginatation then space police, they're like the explorers.

#46 Mirandir

Mirandir

Member: 1936

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

Funny, this reminds me a lot of a suggestion I made in the embassy a year ago.  *huh*

Anyhow, this is going to dig a deep hole in my wallet.  There are 16 minifigs coming out in june. But they'll only be available for about two months because in august they'll be replaced by a second wave with 16 new minifigs.

So from what I've been hearing it's a total of 32 new minifigs coming out this way. And it's not going to be any minifig available in a theme. So the reason why theese minifigs are going to be so expensive is the uniqueness and short production.

#47 The Who

The Who

• No more boogers

Member: 2808

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

View PostMirandir, on Nov 27 2009, 08:50 AM, said:

But they'll only be available for about two months because in august they'll be replaced by a second wave with 16 new minifigs.
Well that stinks.

If they are all packaged randomly, a few dollars each, and very limited then that will deffinately be a few very expensive orders from S&H for some of us.
"When informed of the waiting period on guns at walmart; it is not infact witty to reply asking where the chainsaws are. Police will be notified."

Like free third person shooters? Online? You should join me on Battlefield Heroes, make sure you use this link.
Battlefield Heroes Link

#48 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• Spam Hunter

Member: 4757

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

So it won't be a supermarket/highstreet thing?

Damn. That's going to eat a hole in my pocket. 32 figures in two waves...

We shall have to create a trade topic to swap figures  :classic:

If Anime has taught me anything, we're gonna need a gunsword

-

Its the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 knuclear200x

knuclear200x

Member: 8333

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:35 AM

Cavemen, New spacemen AND new cowboys?! oh and a luchadore meh...AH I could just make him a super hero :D

Ive been waiting years for these babies! and new cavemen also means...NEW DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope.

Edited by knuclear200x, 28 November 2009 - 04:35 AM.

Posted Image

#50 Alywin

Alywin

• Responsible & Resourceful

Member: 3548

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

From Brickset (Brickset article), a quote from a Swedish LEGO fan site "legobloggen" talks about new minifigures series, which probably are about the thing we have been speculating on this chain posts?  :alien:  :alien:  :alien:

The Swedish LEGO blog legobloggen has an interesting bit of news about a collectable series of minifigs to be available next year:

"In June 2010, Lego will launch a new collectors series with only minifigs. The figures will be of various types, but is reportedly not being those from current themes. They could be anything from cowboys to ninjas or adventurers, etc. The first wave will appear in stores in June, reportedly contain 16 different characters. These will then be replaced by 16 other figures in August.

"Figures will be sold in opaque polybags, so it is chance that determines which figure you get. This is the same approach as in the example trading cards. The bag with the figure will cost 25 SEK. May seem much given to impulse setter costs only £ 5 more and then there is also the accessories. But I suspect that the high price is because the characters will be unique to this collector series and that they will only be produced in two months (at least the first wave)."  (thanks et314 for the news and translation)

This is very interesting, but I don't like the idea of them being in opaque bags!

Alywin - a Hong Kong AFOL
Our Hong Kong forum: http://www.minifigs.net/forum/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users