Shadows

Halloween Month Vignette Contest

Halloween Month Vignette Contest

Entry Thread

Post your entries here. This thread is not intended for discussion and any non-entry posts will be removed.

Read the rules and discuss the contest in the Discussion thread.

huh , it seems that I'm the first one to post his entry ^^ I don't really have a lot of pieces left with my entry for the Pillage The Village contest, so I just made a little vignette :

here it is anyway :

when Christmas come, we're all waiting to Santa Claus, who gives gifts to kids who where gentle and nice during the year, when halloween comes, expect Santa Bones instead! who gives evil gifts to evil kids! :devil:

he comes from the core of the earth instead of coming from the north pole!

here he is ! nyark nyark nyark ! ( click to access full galery , when moderated )

p6221165.jpg

the evil gifts (click to enlarge):

p6221175.jpg_thumb.jpg

another view, I love the shape of the shadow^^ (click to enlarge) :

p6221174.jpg_thumb.jpg

for peoples who thinks : "these part really looks like the 7092 set" , it's because the little chariot is only made with 7092 parts ^^

thanks everyone!

Edited by Guss

Here is my entry for the Halloween Competition. Thanks for running another cool event Eurobricks.

Strange things afoot!

An evil witch is in need of some new lackeys, so she ventures down to the Cemetery to raise some hell!

2943111992_0bf9102129_o.jpg

Poor Johnny awakes with a start! flicks his lighter on and makes a horrific discovery!

2942251827_db885fd6e3_o.jpg

I found my car key!

2943111070_368b491320_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

ISC

Here is my entry, inspired by the movie The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock! With this vignette, I wanted to show that horror isn't just blood and gore and bones and stormy nights, but it can also be found in a sudden gathering of otherwise harmless looking birds...

P1120276.jpg

P1120282.jpg

P1120284.jpg

Have a pleasant and jolly Halloween, everybody - and don't forget to feed your pet birds! :wink:

My entry for the Halloween Vignette Contest and return to Grave Stone, The Lynching of Jim Craven.

Good ol' Jimmy's been sniffing around Grave Stone lately, look'n for the map to Tex Grimwell's mine. Unfortunately though, he's got the locals a bit upset. They don't like nosey people uncovering rocks in their town. They went as far as to call the Hangman, a short little goblin of a man who most despise, and others fear. The Hangman's got some "strange thing" for making Jack O'Lanterns out of the most unorthodox of objects- dead or alive. Poor Jimmy may find out that there are fates worse than hang'n in the town of Grave Stone.

lynching.jpg

This is my entry for the Halloween Vignette Contest: "Do you want some cake, kids?"

Two kids encounter a strange man in the Halloween night offering cake to them. Would they accept? :skull:

halloweenct01b.jpg

halloweenct02b.jpg

halloweenct03b.jpg

Jimmy and Bobby thought it would be cool to enter the old abandoned house one night. The old house had been abandoned for over twenty years. Bobby thought it would be really cool and tough if they went. Jimmy on the other hand was really scared about the house, he thought there might of been something in there. Bobby kept telling Jimmy how there was nothing in there and that it was abandoned. He was wrong.

019md6.jpg

more006kx6.jpg

more009xd8.jpg

I've never made a Vignette before, but when i saw this contest, an great idea came up in my mind: Sleepy Hollow! I just love this film, Tim Burton did a great job, and Johnny Depp as wel :wink:.

I chose the scene were Constable Ichabod Crane (Johnny Depp) and his little helper the Young Masbath are trying to discover the secret of the headless horseman. In the haunted western woods, they come across the lovely Katherina van Tassel. They are looking for the Tree of Death, the big evil tree in the heart of the woods. To reveal the secret, Crane has to look IN the tree, and whats a better tool for that then an axe? He didn't reckon with the fact that the tree actually bleeds!

img_2665.jpg

img_2666.jpg

img_2667.jpg

Have an absolutely gruesome Halloween :skull:

(for more information about the film, try this link)

A Spooky Night....

Here's my quick entry I made. Nothing too special, but I'm fond of it! :classic:

"One night on the last day of October, a man walked through a graveyard unknowing of the frights that lurked within...."

2970218174_1219203735_o.jpg

Thanks Eurobricks for yet again hosting a great contest! :thumbup:

Ever since Johnny and Jimmy knocked on the wrong door kids have never again gone trick or treating in Gotham.

halloween_009.jpg

halloween_035.jpg

halloween_044.jpg

Kids - be careful whose door you knock on this Halloween :skull:

It was a Halloween night, and the demons and slaves were partying... well, some of them :tongue:

photo_47.jpg

Two children dressed up as spacemen came to Billy Busta Brown's house. Billy was mad that he was too old to go trick or treating, so he had other things in mind.

photo_42.jpg

As he was doing this, The Lord of demons came and watched in his actions, thinking what he will have in store for him soon...

photo_47.jpg

More pictures in the Gallery when public.

Old Habits....

Death performing a favourite pastime habit:Looking at his victims graves,remembering the fear in thier eyes as he approached them,stoping in front of them and saying,"Your time has come..." before sending them to the grave.

Sorry if the trans poles the bats are on obscure the view a bit. Hopefully that won't count against me too much.

EDIT: Just updated my pics on brickshelf so they have better quality. The folder won't be public straight away but I'm posting it now so it has more time to become public,hopefully before midnight tomorrow.

Heres the link:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=349559

Edited by Death

Thought I might as well enter.

On Halloween night, the fireworks are replacing all other audio, and most other video. Two boys had recently heard of a legend, no not a Greek myth, but a living legend of a man. This legend is supposedly in the local mental hospital. The boys decide to break him out. The situation is perfect, noone will hear a thing, so they use dynamite. The explosion was a complete success, with no casualties. The legend was freed:

2982351154_2789b1942d_o.jpg

Note their costumes: Green Goblin mask, and Scout Trooper helmet.

And a better shot of mr. Crazy:

2981494107_e5a930d6b7_o.jpg

Well, thats it.

One day, on a dark and spooky night, a local went into the Transelvacan woods to walk around and cook himself a meal. But little did he know, he was being watched. Than a ghost popped out of nowhere and chased him!

image001.jpg

There is one evil ghost sleeping in the tree.

image002.jpg

A witch and the Transelvacan King of the woods are watching over everything that is going on.

image003.jpg

A ghost chasing the local villager.

Hope you liked it!

LegoKing

This is the first time I'm entering a contest :classic: Well, here's what we've come up with my brother.

On the Halloween night, two guys brave (or stupid) enough to go for treasure hunt in the graveyard found something, but not particularly what they were looking for.The other one then tried to get his friend out of the hole, unaware of that he's in trouble as well...

Overall view:

pic1.jpg

Details:

pic2.jpg_thumb.jpg

pic3.jpg_thumb.jpg

Overall MOC:

pic3.jpg

Story

Everything seemed innocent. Or so it seemed! :devil:

Mr. Brown had been playing with his rubber ducky in the toilet. His teenage son had knocked on the door to see if anyone was in there. Mr. Brown was. :look:

You see, the thing about Mr. Brown is, although it may not look it, was that he was very afraid of his appearance. He wanted to be a cool teenager, like his son. He dyed his hair green, got a tattoo and dressed in strange clothes. Anyway, Mr. Brown was afraid of what people thought of him, so he would be ashamed if someone were to find him playing with a duck in the toilet. Quickly he flushed the toilet, duck and all! Whos- The flush was caught short. The rubber ducky was stuck! :oh3:

Poor Mr. Brown (he was very attached to that ducky :sad: ) was forced to call a plumber to get his ducky out. Besides caring about his appearance, and playing with rubber ducks, Mr. Brown also happened to have explosive diarrhea. :cry_sad: He also forgot that his toilet didn't even need to be flushed, the lumber was working on it. His son decided to dress up and scare his dad.

pic1.jpg

Mr. Brown was scared all right. The shock of being startled, the previous night's incident, and 10 long hours of waiting was too much.

*PABLOOM*

*Plumber slides down slowly* Somehow I'd doubt she's okay. Poor Ms. Violet, Brickville's only plumber. :cry_sad:

pic2.jpg

Be careful and have fun!

Happy Halloween!

:skull: Pickerel

P.S. I don't want to offend anyone who knows someone who has, or themselves has diarrhea. I myself have a very sensitive stomach and have felt the pain of foreign food in the morning more than once! :cry_sad:

I have 2 questions:

1. Can I have a plane as overhang, and if I can, how many studs?

2. My sister wants to entry the contest, but she doesn´t have an own login (and can´t get one either), so can she enter through my login?

Thanks!

Dennimator

As I didn´t get an answer on this question, I have posted her MOC as well. If she are not allowed to enter through my login, feel free to remove her pics or simply don´t count them as part of the contest.

I´ve chosen to make a vignette based on a true but still scary story, the 11th of September.

My MOC:

eb_contest_177.jpg

A close-up of the plane front:

eb_contest_176.jpg

And the interior:

eb_contest_175.jpg

My sisters MOC:

Hinckley are sitting on his balcony, waiting on his friend who should get a glass of water. Little does he know about what´s happening to his friend inside, and what´s going to happen to himself... :skull:

eb_contest_178.jpg

Interior:

eb_contest_179.jpg

And the bottom of the vignette:

eb_contest_180.jpg

(I have to admit that I helped her a little, I showed her how to build SNOT-style and forced asked her to use the Hinckley minifig. :skull: )

Edited by Dennimator

Shit - just noticed its a 8x9 ground plate. But nonetheless, outside the contest:

1225406279m_SPLASH.jpg

The Fence Incident

Firefighter Brad hates Calls just before his shift ends. So that is why he chose a rather unusual way to extricate little Mrs. Connor which unfortunately got stuck into her fence chasing her cat.

post-4097-1225405902.jpg

Thumbnail:2987945170_21b5500151.jpgExtras:2987088231_0e8032cd2d.jpg2987088351_4e53323f8c.jpg

Sally was supposed to be an Imperial Soldier on Halloween. She came up to a tall, creepy house. She was spooked when a crazy green-headed man in a tuxedo and gloves pulled a lever to a trap door to hell The crazy old man does this every year and collects the children who celebrate this demonic holiday. Too bad for Sally, she was going to be a princess next year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/samuelchristi...157604345199620 I have 6 more pictures after this one on my flickr photo-stream.

Edited by samthelegoman1

My Entry:

Mr. Monk and the Halloween murderer.

dsc02379.jpg

Of course, this entry is based off of the popular television show Monk, as Monk solves one of his creepiest cases ever.

As you can see, a young man who is out for a night of marry festivities, is brutally murdered, and hung from a lamp post.

What motive could there be? Who could have done this? What is he supposed to be anyway? Nobody knows... except for Mr. Monk.

dsc02380.jpg

dsc02382.jpg

dsc02385.jpg

EDIT: Fixed it

Edited by Tinn-man

Better late than never...

A Spooky Halloween indeed...

One night, our man Fred L. Ego walks into his bathroom to find... his wife wearing a mud pack!!!1!!oneeleven!!zomg!!!!

imag0031uv9.jpg

imag0030ao4.jpg

Oh, and let's not forget the horrifically grainy photos... (purposefully done for extra spookiness and low-budget horror movie style effect :tongue: )

TK

Edited by The Kid