Sign in to follow this  
JackJonespaw

The Convention - Sign-Ups

26759817820_3185665289_c.jpg

1968 - Upstate New York

Once a decade, for two days, the five largest Mafias/Cartels/Gangs rent out an entire hotel and host the “MAFIA CONVENTION™”. The five, in true Mafioso fashion, take on five family names, to identify themselves without saying the actual name of their Mafia/Cartel/Gang. These five names, and their corresponding groups, are:

Yamaguchi, representing the Yakuza Branch, stationed in Japan

Ivankov, representing the Bratva Branch, stationed in Russia

Leyva, representing the Mexican Cartel, stationed in Mexico

Johnson, representing the Hells Angels, stationed in America

Inzerillo, representing the La Costa Nostra Branch, stationed in Italy and New York (it was their turn to host the convention)

The convention (still ™) is spent drinking and sharing stories of ever-increasing gore. Thus, we come to present day - March 15, 1968. The same day as the Ides of March, when Julius Caesar was stabbed. I wonder if that’ll come into play….

So, hi there, everyone. It’s me, back again, attempting to host another Mafia. This game shouldn’t nearly be as cluttered or BS-y as the Second Crash was, so I guess that’s not altogether a bad thing. Right now, I have 17 spots, but more can always be added based on who signs up; I was just going off of how many the Second Crash had. Anyway, let’s just go ahead and sign up with a few questions:

1. Have you ever played Mafia before? I know most of you have, but...hey, it’s regulation. If you haven’t, welcome! Do you have an understanding of the rules?
  2. How available will you be for the next month or so? Open? Good, good.
  3. If you got to pick (which, maybe you will get to, if everyone chooses pretty evenly), which family would you want to be part of?

Enjoy, and everyone sign up!

Black Friday Rush! Ahhhhhhhhh

Anyways.

1) Yes!

2) I'm out of uni so very free

3) Johnson or Ivankov but really have no preference.

1) Nope, but I understand the rules.

2) Mostly open. If something unexpected comes up, I'll make sure it's taken care of in advance.

3) Inzerillo.

1) I've never played mafia before, it looks pretty confusing :look:

2) I'll be here. I know for sure I'll be out of town June 17-19, but I'll probably be dead by then. :laugh:

3) Yamaguchi. Do I get to be, like, a samurai mafia? :oh:

1. Yep, I've played.

2. I'll be here.

3. I don't really care. I can do stupid accent imitations for Ivankov, Johnson, and inzerillo for sure. Maybe I can pull off the other two as well.

Have you ever played Mafia before? I know most of you have, but...hey, it’s regulation. If you haven’t, welcome! Do you have an understanding of the rules?

Played??? One does not play mafia! I've lived Mafia, however.

How available will you be for the next month or so? Open? Good, good.

As long as the game doesn't go til December 25th, I may be busy that day.

If you got to pick (which, maybe you will get to, if everyone chooses pretty evenly), which family would you want to be part of?

Johnson, mostly because of sons of anarchy.

1. Yes, barely. I understand the rules completely.

2. Out of school now, so yes.

3. Yamaguchi. Let's get our yummy Gucci on.

Edited by Junior Shark

1. Yes I have played mafia before, and I believe that I understand the rules.

2. I should be pretty free over the next month.

3. Johnson, but I'm not too picky :classic: .

Come on, now, everyone! I know there are more of you skulking in the shadows! Get out of there and join in!

1. Never on Eurobricks, but many times on MafiaScum.

2. Absolutely.

3. Johnson for the win!

1. Many times on EB.

2. Yup. I'm working part-time right now so I'll have access.

3. Ivankov, пожалуйста

That's 12 in three day... Not bad, not bad at all. Come on out guys! There's a bunch of regulars who haven't checked in yet. If you're on the fence, join us! JJP is a pretty cool guy.

5 slots left, everybody! I can always add more, but let's try to fill those up! (Also no more Johnsons or Ivankovs)

So sorry, but I'm afraid I will have to pull out. :cry_sad: New time constraints will not allow me to be available for the duration of the game.

Unfortunately, I won't be available for this one... hope some others sign up, though!

My life doesn't allow for mafia these days, sadly, but I wish you all the best...

And others! Try mafia, it's great!

Maybe the announcement for sign ups could be front paged?

That would be a fantastic thing to do, but I'm not sure how much more traffic that would create.

I have never played a Mafia before. It looks very intricate and slightly confusing. I like causing confusion and then wading through it sometimes, so this might be fun.

I have no idea what the time constrictions or whatnot are, so I don't know if I'm available to play at the times you guys do, like if it's a thing where you have to be online strictly at noon or whatnot...How does this all work?

I'm not quite sure I'm signing myself up yet, but Inzerillo sounds nice. My family originates from Sicily, and a Mafia coincidentally.

If someone would explain or link to an explanation of how exactly the game is played, that would be awesome. I read some past Mafias but they didn't add up completely for me...I think I'm missing something.

Thanks!

EDIT: I reread one of the first Mafias you guys did, and it seems simple now. You mostly just lynch and be lynched.

Edited by Actor Builder

I have never played a Mafia before. It looks very intricate and slightly confusing. I like causing confusion and then wading through it sometimes, so this might be fun.

I have no idea what the time constrictions or whatnot are, so I don't know if I'm available to play at the times you guys do, like if it's a thing where you have to be online strictly at noon or whatnot...How does this all work?

If you still need some clearance, check this out: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

As for time restrictions, each "day" is set in a 72 hour period (3 days), then there's a 48-ish night break where you conduct night action. As long as you can post a few times in that 3 day period, as well as being able to submit your night action, you should be a-ok.