Darkdragon

Aperture Academy Mafia School: And the Science Gets Done.

apertureacademy1.png

8691487384_550e9e6dd7_o.jpg

8691487666_5589037ae9_o.jpg

8690431011_12940169e7_o.jpg

8690368163_6603e19c8c_b.jpg

8691547460_007942c800_b.jpg

8691488266_9d239138df_b.jpg

8691539814_79d547233f_b.jpg

8690422763_cb2d437f09_b.jpg

8690368699_8b0d2c5dfb_b.jpg

8680276124_60e0c00fe8_c.jpg

Scum Wins!

Sadly, someone has already cut the cake.

I tried to tell them not to, but they wouldn't listen.

I'd like to thank all the players for participating. It was a lot of fun for us hosting and overall you all did wonderfully. We were very impressed with many players in this game.

I'd like to especially thank Shadows for hosting along side me. Couldn't have done it without you!

I'm only disappointed by the lack of 2 cults and 4 mason groups, no lovers either. What was this, a simple game? :wink:

apertureacademy1.png

apertureacademy3.png

This was a triumph. I'm making a note here: huge success. The faculty of Aperture Academy and

all of Aperture Laboratories thank you for your participation and will now give you individual

evaluations to point out some of the more important results of your testing. You still don't get cake.

Remember, it isn't about winning or losing, it's about learning and science. Oh, who am I kidding?

It's about learning that winning is better than losing. And science. Always science. :wink:

Bob

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Even though you were only playing a short time, I was very impressed with your activity level. I would have loved to see you make it through at least a couple days, but besides being smart at the start of Day 1 and frightening the scum, you were also a metagame target for them. You stayed fairly active in the dead zone, and it shows that you followed the game which is always nice for a host to see.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: You made those scummy Black Mesa types tremble in their frilly pink training bras. Then you died. You did me proud, son.

Grade: Passed

Recommendation: Keep playing! Remember to participate and hopefully the town won't night kill you like normal. :wink:

wedge09

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: I honestly don't have much of an impression of your play ability. You were town but didn't bother to really work with anyone or even defend yourself when you were up for a lynch. You didn't really do anything wrong, but then again, you didn't do anything all that right.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: We're not paying you to sit around collecting a paycheck, that's my job. You can't have my job. You didn't screw up, you just didn't seem to know what to do. You'll catch on in time. Keep working at it.

Recommendation: You'd do well to take another mafia school before going into a veteran game, but it isn't required, just likely to make it more fun for you. You need to participate more or they will wipe the floor with you.

Kristel

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Even though you died too early and never really got to do much with your night action, you did play very well and worked hard for your team. Your attention the game after you were expelled was wonderful and I would love to have you in any game I host or play.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: They didn't fly into space, storm a beach or bring back the gold. No, sir, we did. Well, you didn't, they killed you too soon. Still, for the time you had, you did well, and you kept participating with the rest of the corpses expelled students and you weren't even on the clock. That goes a long way in my book, so thank you!

Recommendation: Get out there and play!

badboytje88

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: How can I put this gently? You know you messed up by not voting at a time when your team really needed your vote. You were around earlier in the day before voting ended and even posted but didn't bother to vote. It's really inexcusable. The whole game, you merely seemed to post the minimum and I'm not sure you were even paying much attention at all.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: I'm sure Ms. Dragonsworth will be kind about this, but let's face it son, you screwed up. Whole game was minimal effort ending in no effort. You had a pretty good chance at the end, could have forced enough penalties to get kicked and then the town could have killed a scum, hoping for the killer. Wouldn't have worked, but would have been a damn sight better than going down in flames. Save that for the combustion testing department, where we're transferring you.

Grade: Failed

Recommendation: When you sign up for a game, play it, don't just sign up so you can say you have played X number of mafia games.

Hamerstein NWC

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Great work in your first game. You managed to somehow slip under everyone's radar most of the time, and even when your name came up you managed to slip right out and end up forgotten. You were an asset to your team.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Stepped right up and hit it out of the park. Active and tricky and a total scumbag. You're on my list. Several of them. Good job!

Recommendation: You are ready for the big time.

debricker

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Killed by the vig on night one is a tough one. I'd guess he chose you because you didn't say much during the day. With such an important town role as doctor, you should have been more vigilant to make sure you were not seen as scummy.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Died too fast to evaluate positively. Didn't do much when you were alive. Think you need to try again before jumping in the shark tank.

Recommendation: You'd probably do fine when given the chance to play, but only if you're more active next time and remember you might only get one day, make the most of it.

Tamamono

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: A bit of a shaky start for you, and forgetting to submit your action on night two was not so good. After that though, you stepped it up and really did some work for your team. The effort is appreciated and you did a good job, though a lot of people thought you were scum which is not such a good thing for the doctor.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Kept pinging as scum for everyone, even me. Had to check the list a couple of times. It happens. You did a good job and tried to figure things out, made some good science even if it didn't work out. That's a direct quote from the lab boys. Then again, the same could be said about them. Keep plugging away, you'll be fine.

Recommendation: Keep playing and working on your skills.

Fred Daniel Yam

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: You started out very strong and a nice initial guiding force for your team. Your participation did seem to taper off during the game day that you were lynched, and you made a couple mistakes in thread as well. Overall, we were pleased with your performance.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: 2 words. Role claim. 2 more words. Stop that. Otherwise, good effort. Did I mention that role claim?

Recommendation: Keep up the good work. Don't role claim.

Brickington

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Well, what can I say here? You know what happened and I don't think your grade is any surprise. Your enthusiasm is great and I'm happy that you followed the game through to the end. I hope to see you in the next school game and if you calm down a bit, I'm certain you'll make it through.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: The fact that you're standing here now means you made a real contribution to science. Oh, wait, you're not standing here. Well, you made a real contribution to that turret's day, and for that, we thank you. Next time, be more careful, you were clearly excited to play and wanting to participate, you just got carried away. And buried. Nice try anyway.

Recommendation: Calm down, watch what you are doing, follow the rules. You'll do fine, eventually.

mostlytechnic

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: You did very well and worked very hard for your team. It's great to see new players with your level of enthusiasm and dedication to the game.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: You put in the effort, showed some grit, stuck around and kept up with the game. A for effort. You'll be fine.

Recommendation: Hope to see you in the next regular game.

esurient

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Wow, amazing work. You were the Godfather and really took the team leadership to heart. Not only that, but you managed to stay completely off everyone's radar throughout the game.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: You're a devil. People better watch you. I've already got the lab boys working on a tracking camera. They say I shouldn't have mentioned that. Whatever. You're evil, you should expect it. Good job!

Recommendation: Keep playing!

Jedi Master Brick

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Very low level of participation from you. You seemed to do just the minimum posts so you wouldn't get a penalty and didn't really do much with your team either. I could somewhat expect this from a new player but you've played a couple games now and I had expected more.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Who? Right, you barely showed up. Do it again, and be there. You didn't make any mistakes, but your team could have used you. Next time, on time or don't bother.

Recommendation: If you are going to sign up for a game, be sure to actually participate.

PsyKater

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Great work all game. You really went all out working for your team and even without a power role you became an asset to the team. You've shown how important a vanilla townie can be.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Lots of effort, lots of statistics and analysis. Reminds me of the lab boys. Won't hold that against you. Good job.

Recommendation: Keep on playing and keep on being nice.

-obelix-

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: You did an alright job, but I would have preferred if you'd worked with your team a bit more and posted in the day threads a bit more. I think your quietness got you on some folks list and your lack of a defense was very disapointing.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Quiet and Passedive. Made a good test subject, but not so much a good partner. Put some more hustle in next time, you'll need it with the big boys.

Recommendation: Try and participate a bit more next time.

jamesn

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: A great game from you. Worked well for your team, participated in the day threads, and managed to keep off the radar for the most part until the end.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: A credit to your team. Really only got tripped up when you knew it was too late for them to stop you. It was a fair cop, indeed.

Recommendation: Go get'em! You'll do great in the regular games.

purpearljelllyblob

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: The lonely town PR! You did an awesome job with what you had and managed to nab a couple scum. Good work.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Top notch, you get a lot of credit for keeping the town in things as long as they were. You are clearly the pride of <subject hometown here>. Keep up the good work.

Recommendation: Be careful when claiming to be the mouthpiece for a PR, more experienced players might see through it.

clanure

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: You did very well. The Framer put you in a tough position, but you managed to not get lynched for it. Excellent work.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: You may have had the toughest situation in the game and you made it through. We look forward to seeing many more good efforts out of you in the future.

Recommendation: Make sure to fully research your role and what kind of roles can work against it.

LegoDad

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Excellent work all around. The scum were so undecided about killing you or keeping you and getting you lynched, it was pretty funny. Your hard work and dedication to your team was wonderful.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: That last minute attempt you made showed a lot of style. You make up your own rules, just like me. Didn't work, but hey, you put it all on the line and that's never wrong. Keep it up.

Recommendation: Sign up for every game forever!

Antonio

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Well, you got the minimum daily posts in and voted every day. I guess that's something. Unfortunately not enough to give you a Passeding grade. The most shameful is not bothering to defend or post anything after you started getting lynched.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: You weren't here. You died without putting up any defense. Nothing more to say.

Recommendation: Try again if you are ready to participate.

Mencot

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: Great work throughout the game. You really tried to find the scum and even though you were fooled a bit, some of your "scumdar" was well within range for someone new.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Worked hard. Got tricked some, had decent judgement and sense. Fine tune it and become a menace to the scum.

Recommendation: Get out there and hunt for some scum.

Tohst

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: You were playing so well, it was really entertaining. First day, all them noobs, and of course they want to jump on someone. There you were, unfortunately. I hope you'll try again, it's great fun and most (not all) games don't kill someone just for doing what the rules tell them to do.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Bandwagons. 4 wheels and the smell of confusion. Ran you right down. I'm sure you would have been fine otherwise. Avoid penalties, they're practically bandwagon fuel. Try again!

Recommendation: Take another school game, try not to get lynched Day 1.

Captain Nemo

Comments from Ms. Dragonsworth: You played well and worked for the team. I know it was very frustrating knowing you were town and getting lynched as a "proven scum". This is one of those things that teaches us how to defend ourselves better. You did a good job defending but I think you were just a bit too angry (and I understand) which makes you look more guilty to others.

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: Never easy knowing the scum are lying about you, even worse when your own team does you in. Framing is a tough way to go, but they learned from it and didn't repeat that mistake, so it served a purpose, and you showed enough skill to move on to the big leagues, just take some time to read old games and be a little more aware of the possibilities, you might need them to defend yourself.

Recommendation: Read up on roles a bit more.

apertureacademy3.png

Cave here. Learning isn't limited to the students, it's something that each and every one of us should do. Keeps the mole men from taking over, you know. That said, here are my impressions of the faculty of Aperture Academy.

Darkdragon - You did too much work to list. Seriously. Couldn't have done this without you, and wouldn't have wanted to try. I'm proud to call you a Partner in Science.

Shadows - They say you put the words in my mouth. It's a tough job, and thankless, but the pay is pretty good and we get dental. My mouth thanks you.

Dragonator - I asked Personnel what you do here and no one seemed to know. They say the same thing about me, so you must be doing something right. Choo choo.

Superb. :thumbup:

oh... you want more?

A great game! Loved the comics, set a new standard for narrative in Mafia! Players, it was intriguing to see you play, and I love fresh blood! Hope to see more from everyone soon. Hosts, you too. :grin:

Thanks again for hosting the game! It was a tough learning curve! :thumbup: I didn't realise I would be a alive until the end so sorry for my continual commuting nonsense on the last couple of days! I really enjoyed the experience, Also sorry to all those peeps who believed in me I hope you can forgive my scumminess!!

The story and graphics in this game was top notch :thumbup:. Loved to follow this game, mainly because of that :sweet:

Like many others I was sure Tammo was scum when he said he believed the serial killer claim :laugh:. Towards the end, it was becoming blindingly obvious who were the remaining scum though. Too bad it was too late for town. Hope to see many of you again in future games :sweet:

A lot of fun to watch. Awesome photography and story from the hosts, and some nice work from the players. I was pulling for a Town win, but that vote penalty for badboy was insurmountable in the end.

This was soooo good! I loved the comics. Thank you again for having me with you. I am planning to share all of the pms behind the scenes. :classic:

A lot of fun to watch. Awesome photography and story from the hosts, and some nice work from the players. I was pulling for a Town win, but that vote penalty for badboy was insurmountable in the end.

BTW, I find the rule in Hinckley's Mafia pretty good: number of penalty votes correspondences to number of living players. Otherwise you can get lynched on second one (when penalty votes > majority).

BTW, I find the rule in Hinckley's Mafia pretty good: number of penalty votes correspondences to number of living players. Otherwise you can get lynched on second one (when penalty votes > majority).

One would expect no penalties for breaking a rule by day 10, since the rules never changed.

um, did you get confused on me a bit? My review says:

Comments from Mr. Shadeaux: You put in the effort, showed some grit, got expelled, stuck around and kept up with the game. A for effort. You'll be fine.

I survived till the end....

um, did you get confused on me a bit? My review says:

I survived till the end....

That was your final test for reading. you passed

Basically, I got totally fooled by Bob (Hamerstein NWC)'s attack on Shawna when she was claiming serial killer. I flagged him as town for that one action and trusted him WAY too long for it. That was a GREAT move by him.

I also did NOT expect that many scum. I thought we had 1, maybe 2 left. Not Lucy, Bob, AND allison.

Lucy's "trap" near the end was well-played too. Not sure if that was originally planned, or if that was good quick thinking when called out on her original post, but it was well played and protected her too, PLUS put lots of heat onto Davey.

IMHO, those were the two best "plays" of the game.

And yep, it might have been better for Jeanie to suicide after getting those penalties. Didn't think of that. We were making other creative plans, but didn't think of breaking MORE rules :) For the record, I don't think Claire (LegoDad)'s last-minute penalties were deliberately trying to get more votes to tie things. He posted something meant to be in a PM and had to delete it, but we knew he'd survive it. We were planning to then switch some votes to make use of the penalty and tie the voting up, but the voting closed before we finalized the plan. Argh... could have survived another day....

Oh, and I have to give major props to the phenomenal graphics throughout the game! My personal favorite was the end of day 10, Jeanie's lynch. Hilarious! The cafeteria set was awesome too, great setting and design.

Well I have to say I agree with the feedback given and I probably won't sign up for a full blown mafia game before passing a mafia school game. Thanks you guys

Thanks for hosting. As you said I expected this result. However, I thoroughly enjoyed reading the lovely comments. Hopefully we can do this again when I'm less stupid! So, when's the next school game? :grin:

Congratulations, scumbags. Well-played!

Thanks for hosting a great game, Darkdragon and Shadows! :wub: I had a blast, even if I did spent most of time in the detention room.

Well that was a sudden ending. I knew they were running out of town but it still hit me like a ton of bricks! Sad that the scum won, but to be honest they definitely seem to know what they were doing.

I am interested to know of things such as night action usage and stuff, specifically you know that one night when I was framed and stuff...nudge...nudge...

Well that was a sudden ending. I knew they were running out of town but it still hit me like a ton of bricks! Sad that the scum won, but to be honest they definitely seem to know what they were doing.

I am interested to know of things such as night action usage and stuff, specifically you know that one night when I was framed and stuff...nudge...nudge...

I agree, I'd love more "behind the scenes" info.

Also, how much experience did various players have? I came into the game expecting something more like the Reviewer's Academy here - lots of help from the teachers, lots of info, etc. Instead I was thrown into something I knew literally NOTHING about other than the initial rules and brief info in the first days' comics. Other players knew much much more. For example, I had no idea that framing was even a possibility till long after it happened.

Also, how much experience did various players have? I came into the game expecting something more like the Reviewer's Academy here - lots of help from the teachers, lots of info, etc. Instead I was thrown into something I knew literally NOTHING about other than the initial rules and brief info in the first days' comics. Other players knew much much more. For example, I had no idea that framing was even a possibility till long after it happened.

Yeah I too knew nothing--well I did know that there was a mafia academy opening and I didn't want to miss out so I jumped in. I had no idea of all the other "non-listed" rules and roles there were. Though I don't know if it would have helped me much.

Here's the player layout which has night actions/results and all that good stuff. This link should work for everyone, let me know if you have trouble viewing the document.

Player Layout

I'm basically guilty as charged on everything said against me in-thread, including being the mole. But Tamamono did in fact have a strategy going related to me and the doctor.

Shadows and Darkdragon, I forgot to mention that the comics were fantastic, but everyone seems to have said that already. Dragonator playing trains was one of the best bits!

I learned that from def.

For the record, I don't think Claire (LegoDad)'s last-minute penalties were deliberately trying to get more votes to tie things. He posted something meant to be in a PM and had to delete it, but we knew he'd survive it. We were planning to then switch some votes to make use of the penalty and tie the voting up, but the voting closed before we finalized the plan. Argh... could have survived another day....

No! :cry3: Say it isn't so. LegoDad is my new hero. I don't care what you say. I'm going to believe he did it valiantly to save the Town. :cry_sad: By the way, that's completely unprecedented.

I just wanted to say this was a fantastic game to watch from the sidelines. There are a lot of new players I'm looking forward to matching wits with in the future. :devil:

And to the hosts, the narrative and photos were absolutely brilliant.

Wonderful game, everyone.

Just as a general note to any new players (can't hurt for the vets, either): read through the roles section on Mafiascum. Even if you don't retain it all, at least you will have an idea of what's possible.

No! :cry3: Say it isn't so. LegoDad is my new hero. I don't care what you say. I'm going to believe he did it valiantly to save the Town. :cry_sad: By the way, that's completely unprecedented.

Yeah, if it was intentional it would have been so cool. :cry_sad:

Well, LegoDad hasn't confirmed yet. mostlytechnic said he doesn't think that's what he was doing. LegoDad can still confirm or deny or lie to keep my view of him as a hero and protect my fragile psyche!! :cry_sad:

I agree 100% about the presentation of this game. :wub: It's beautiful. I'm even mimicking it in my game. Or trying to. :blush: