metulskie8

[MOD] "Red Predator" ,Nathanael Kuiper's modified Predator

Hello everyone.....

Here the fantastic supercar of Nathanael Kuipers slightly revised.

Panels arranged differently,

no flexible axles,

widened top

and other optical retouching.

The very demanding Technic under the body is constructed as the original.

14726b.jpg14728b.jpg

14730b.jpg14729b.jpg

14732b.jpg14731b.jpg

14733b.jpg14734b.jpg

14735b.jpg14737b.jpg

14736b.jpg14738b.jpg

14740b.jpg14741b.jpg

14742b.jpg14747b.jpg

14745b.jpg14748b.jpg

14749b.jpg

Thanks for watching....

Red looks cool!!! Perhapse it still needs flex axles for the mudguards. I like it better with that rear wing. Good job!!!

Hmm, sorry for maybe disappointing you but i'm not sold. i have build the original and that one wins in every aspect. Neither the Color schema works nor the mudguards build from connectors...

But of course this is just IMHO. And Important is only that you had Fun when building it....

A Predator slightly modified and made in red. You built a Redator. steven-claude%20norris.gif?f-ed=1

I prefer the white version too. By far.

Wheel arches may need those flexible axles... Wing looks awesome :thumbup: Interesting wheel centers.

I will build this Predator too (with original instructions), but I think I might do it black...

800x450.jpg

black looks good - here the three colors chime very well together... but red and dark bluish gray IMHO clash

But with black you might run into a serious problem: the non existence of black 19L flex axles... yesterday i looked into bricklink and there are exactly zero available - worldwide... but probably you own some i assume ;-)

Edited by Kumbbl

I like some of your ideas more than Nathanael's, and I kinda like connectors more than flex axles in the front. Good job!

Thank you for your nice and stimulating reviews ;-) , but Flexaxles do not get me to the car. I do not like this. The next will be a PF engine.

But with black you might run into a serious problem: the non existence of black 19L flex axles... yesterday i looked into bricklink and there are exactly zero available - worldwide... but probably you own some i assume ;-)

Instead of the black 19L flex axles, you can use part 57539 (Hose Flexible Ribbed with 8mm Ends, 19L). They look good and are much cheaper :wink:

I saw an amazing colour combo on instagram. It was lime and black and it looked absolutely awesome

I saw an amazing colour combo on instagram. It was lime and black and it looked absolutely awesome

do you have a link? or picture?

This is a nice color MOD. I have seen a Black with Lime green version floating around on the internet as well. I think Nathanael has seen it as well.

do you have a link? or picture?

If you Google the Instagram username you can see it. OSUBSMET76 I cannot post a link since I am at work.

Well, with Black as main color more or less all color schemes will work very well....

Well, with Black as main color more or less all color schemes will work very well....

Black is the new black, right? :wink:

I really like the wheel covers of the Redator and I would prefer the rear wing to the original if the 3x5 thin ellipse liftarm could be moved down a stud so it sits more flush with the panels. I appreciate the exercise of making it flex axle-less but in this case I prefer the look with the flex axles.

Edited by Jay Psi

Didn't we say a while back: No more red cars, por favor? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Unlike Rishab, I'm not sure about the black/orange combination. Yes, when used judiciously, those two colors offer the best contrast (no wonder construction machinery is orange black) However, the unavoidable gray parts (propeller blades) qualify as 'neutral' colors and kind of blur the contrast a bit. But then again, this is just about 'taste' and color combination/matching

Edit: My mistake, I read too quickly one more time and got the colors mixed up (as Rishab clarified below)

Edited by DrJB

Didn't we say a while back: No more red cars, por favor? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Unlike Rishab, I'm not sure about the black/orange combination. Yes, when used judiciously, those two colors offer the best contrast (no wonder construction machinery is orange black) However, the unavoidable gray parts (propeller blades) qualify as 'neutral' colors and kind of blur the contrast a bit. But then again, this is just about 'taste' and color combination/matching

I was talking about the black lime one :blush: , but I agree with you on the black orange one

My mistake :sceptic: , and You're absolutely right, the black/lime is just stunning! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And, I like how he used the black/ribbed (not so rare) 19L flex axles.

Edited by DrJB

Hmm, Black and lime is good, very eye catching. But overall for me the original design is still the most appealling and especially the most coherent one. Reason are the DBG propeller blades which are best integrated when the stripe on the doors is DBG too. So from a harmony and flow point of view the original color design works best for me and my taste....