Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Angel

[CG: O16 U vs DK] Ancient Power Called Forth

Counter to http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=107807 by Jacob Nion

Kaliphlinites long ago mastered the ways of the desert. The slaves of old used it as their ally, their protection. They also discovered the ancient Powers that rested under the sands and in the deep caverns. They uncovered powerful artifacts and shrines that had been lost to time. A few of the most learned of the slaves were able to commune with these powers and forged alliance with them. They wielded great powers and were able to use these powers to protect their people against encroachers and the elements. It is thought that these bloodlines died off centuries ago, but as with many things, the truth has been lost with time.

The seas have always been a threat to Kaliphlinites. The hurricanes that could decimate Cities, the tidal waves that could wipe out entire coastlines, Kaliphlin has always feared the sea. Yet there is a reason that there have been no deadly storms of days past, no waterspouts, no devestatating typhoons... People assume that it is just luck, but luck will only go so far.

Long have the descendants of the slave priests watched over Kaliphlin, ever vigilant, ever mindful. When the great storms and clouds have gathered, they have called once again upon the ancient powers to protect them. To ward off the foul krakens and other beasts that once preyed on hapless mariners. Few know they exist, but few need to know.

With this newest threat to the Kaliphlin coast, the Priests come again to the ancient shrines. They call upon the primal powers to send forth their magic to ward off the great beast. Bubbles of pure power ooze forth from the ground in glowing spheres, but they will spread out and encircle the lands of men, to ward off whatever beast or foul spirit may try to torment the sons and daughters of Kaliphlin.

ul_1_lr.jpg

ul_2_lr.jpg

This will not be the last time, there will always be another hurricane, another beast, but the Ancient Powers are always ready, always willing to protect their people, their children of Kaliphlin.

That is a fantastic shrine, Rogue Angel! Would love to see a few more angles of it - Am I right in that it is a coyote's head (or similar)?

And I never thought I would see those spaceage cockpits used in Historica! Very creative - and as LittleJhos say, it gives a very cool effect! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like how you describe this ritual as "Bubbles of pure power ooze forth from the ground in glowing spheres, but they will spread out and encircle the lands of men, to ward off whatever beast or foul spirit may try to torment the sons and daughters of Kaliphlin." I really like that and hopefully it does cleanse Kaliphlin of any Nocturnian beasts or spirits! :thumbup:

Great work :wub: . I like how you made the base and the shrine. Furthermore the bubbles are a great idea, too :thumbup:

Edited by Balbo

Big, and yet simple with clean lines. I like this. :classic:

Am I right in that it is a coyote's head (or similar)?

Jackal probably, given the ancient Egyptian influences in Kali's lore.

Excellent shrine and magic effects :thumbup:

I also like the lore you've written, especially the clarification regarding Kaliphlinites fear of the sea!

Great statue! The windscreens are really a perfect depiction of magical effects.

Fantastic build, excellent work with the jackal's head! :thumbup: Love the elegant design there, and the trans-green parts work wonderfully for the magical effects you convey. The lore is fascinating too, great counter!

Glad to see you're jumping into the Ch. IV fray!