Jorrith

Warlords of Nocturnus: Mortis: Phase 1

Long ago, in an age nearly forgotten by present age dwellers, there lived a warlord in nocturnus, one of many. He was called....

full.jpg

Lord Lucius Mortis, my sig vig for some time, and the time has come to reveal the history about this persona. To some, he is the cruel bloodthirsty vampire that lives in his castle, to others he is the warlord that strikes his enemy in the darkness of the night, when they least expect it. And to a few, he is both. Lord mortis is one of the people of the night, so it makes good sence to use that to an advantage. When he is not fighting a war somewhere, Lord Mortis likes to relax in his castle, enjoying the riches gained from his conquests. Next to his lush and extravagant trone, stands his battle armour, for all to see that visit him. Lord Mortis has it on display here on purpose, so that anyone who wants to oppose him can see what he will look like on the battlefield. This vampire hides from daylight, not from his enemy.

full.jpg

In front of him stand the vampyr, his most elite guards that are 100% vampire, but due to selective breeding they are unable to hide their vampire form. In return they gained impressive strength, and the ability to fly, if their armour permits using their wings.

full.jpg

Also Lord Mortis has a fine taste in women, spoils of war and thus slaves, offcourse.

full.jpg

Other spoils of war are guarded upstairs by shadowmere guard zombies. Not as intelligent as vampyr, but they follow orders to the letter and are easier to lead in large numbers.

full.jpg

Total view....

full.jpg

Empty base:

full.jpg

Well i hope you enjoyed my entry... The pictures could be better, i know! It was the best i could do with a 12yr old digital compact camera... It was fun building the carpet and throne, also the size was a challenge. In the end i do like the result, i hope you will enjoy, C&C welcome!

Nice Build Jorrith! The Green and White cheese looks great. Can't wait to see Jorrith on the battlefield.

Awesome little MOC! :thumbup:

In what sets did you get those torsos and the legs for the one knight in the back?

Ah Lord Mortis, ye look resplendent on your throne! Together we shall form a spearhead to overthrow the Black Spire! I am pleased to see the Shadowmere Guard I sent you are proving useful!

As ever,

Vladivus Stormbringer, Warlord of Nocturnus, Lord of Shadowmere, Master of the Shadowmere Guard.

Edit: totally got carried away in character and forgot to comment on the build! Excellent stuff, the throne especially is cool!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Awesome build. That is a very keen throne, too. I'm very impressed with how much detail and pieces you got in there and it doesn't look bulky or anything. One of the best ornate Lego chairs I've ever seen.

what a sinister and elegant throne room. it looks great! Nice idea to keep all your treasure up in the attic

Very nice throneroom!!! I also like how you did the upperfloor level :)

Thank you all for those awesome comments! Now it's time to get the other stages up, but i'm not sure when... I was working on two other mocs that need some bricklinking, so i decided to do phase 1 of warlords just for kicks.

Excellent throne room, the throne itself and floor design are particularly good :thumbup: I also like that you included rafters to support the second story :classic:

Well, in all honesty, i wanted to do the border of the carpet in red/gold (nocturnus) colored wedges at first, but i didnt have enough of them. :blush: Also i thought about making the carpet shorter, so it would end before the throne, but that didn't look right to me. So i looked for what colors i did have in sufficient numbers and that would either be a combination of: black, white, dark green, light bluish grey or dark bluish grey.

In retrospect, i think the white/dark green was much better, with red and gold the nocturnus colors would be too overly present in the moc. (hope i wrote that correctly)

Impressive! Other than the excellent figs, the carpet is what really caught my eyes :classic:

Looking forward to seeing more of Lord Mortis!

Edited by Gideon

Fantastic vignette Jorrith! Great use of space in this build and a lot to appreciate, especially that wonderfully done mosiac floor. Like others said, I look forward to seeing more of Lord Mortis!

As far as the photography goes, doesn't look bad considering you equipment. Does the camera have a tripod mount? Using a tripod single handedly improved my photography, I think.

Edited by MassEditor

Awesome sigfig! The long hair really suits the vampire face; it's a real refreshing look aside from the typical short haired ones in the official sets. Lord Mortis' throne also looks great, and I like the details of how his servant looks afraid of him too :grin:

Fantastic vignette Jorrith! Great use of space in this build and a lot to appreciate, especially that wonderfully done mosiac floor. Like others said, I look forward to seeing more of Lord Mortis!

As far as the photography goes, doesn't look bad considering you equipment. Does the camera have a tripod mount? Using a tripod single handedly improved my photography, I think.

Yes, i am using a tripod and the most succesfull shots are on timer, that's how crappy this Nikon coolpix 3100 performs indoors! Really should invest in a good camera, but i did have some good shots with my Samsung Galaxy S3, allthough its lacking to say the least. Atleast the Nikon makes sharp macro photo's, in the right light conditions. Well i have been debating an upgrade ever since i got out of my dark ages, so it's due to get a bloody decent camera.

@ ch_ris127: Thank you! :thumbup: