Roebuck

Guess the next animal mould

With the release of series 15 collectible minifigures we will get a completely new animal mould; the skunk, and a animal in a new colour; the pig!

I for one would never have guessed before the news were revealed that the next animal mould would be a skunk :shark:

So I thought it would be fun to guess what animal will be the next to have the honour of becoming a Lego mould :monkey:

You may also give a second guess on what existing animal mould will be the next to get a new colour and in which colour..

The rules:

-Only minifig scale animals count, not mini-dolls, Duplo etc..

-Only "normal" animals take part, e.g the latest robot shark in agents doesn't count.

-It doesn't matter which Lego series that release the mould as long as it is in minifig scale.

-If Lego make a improved mould of a old animal that will only count in the second guessing category, e.g. the new horse in 2012.

Let the game begin :wink:

1. My guess is that the next animal mould will be a dachshund!

2. And that the cat will get a white edition :tongue:

For new mould maybe a new parrot mould to go with a Pirate in CMF S16

For a recolor of an already existing mould, I guess a pink/white recolor of the teddy bear piece

Edited by Robert8

1. Sheep

2. (Slightly cheating) think we might get a blue recolour of the shark and possibly a new 'hammerhead' head too.

1. Lion

New animal: Sheep

You guys are being much too rational! Remember you're trying to anticipate the company that has brought you a seagull and soon a skunk. There's nothing wrong with those animals but to prioritise them ahead of a lion and a sheep is simply bizarre. So I'm going to take a guess at something a bit more left field...

Seal or sea lion

As usual, I found great wisdom in AmperZand's post. Because of that, I am going to guess:

New mold: Chinchilla

New colour: Brown Skunk. AKA, squirrel.

You guys are being much too rational! Remember you're trying to anticipate the company that has brought you a seagull and soon a skunk. There's nothing wrong with those animals but to prioritise them ahead of a lion and a sheep is simply bizarre. So I'm going to take a guess at something a bit more left field...

Seal or sea lion

I guessed Lion because there was one in a Computer game few years ago.

Where is the Buffalo prototype from?

1. Sheep. I think this is obvious. And furthermore, I predict it will appear next year in the Nexo knight village raid set. If not, it'll certainly feature in a shepherd figure. If it's not next, then it's certainly in its way.

2. Harder to predict this. The seagull mold would do very well with a recolour, though.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I guessed Lion because there was one in a Computer game few years ago.

Where is the Buffalo prototype from?

I hope you're right about the lion. I need a lion and a Rhinoceros for a certain licensed adventure themed train MOC.

On that same note I hope we get Boy scout type figures soon.

The Buffalo can be seen in some preliminary western theme pictures. Unfortunately, it never made it past the development stage.

For new mould maybe a new parrot mould to go with a Pirate in CMF S16

For a recolor of an already existing mould, I guess a pink/white recolor of the teddy bear piece

CMF S16 pirate?! Do you know something I do not :wink:

Teddy bear do not count, try again :classic:

1. Lion

2. Tan new horse

I exclude Friends and Elves.

I have been expecting a lion for years, still no luck but maybe your guess are right :classic:

Yes Friends and Elves are in the mini doll category and are excluded..

New animal: Sheep

Repaint: Goat mould in brown/tan, seems such a waste they have not used it again :/

I agree, the goat should come in a new colour soon! Rather odd that they have released a goat before a sheep, but that is Lego and animal moulds in a nutshell :laugh:

Kangaroo

Not the most likely animal, so there is a good chance you are right :tongue:

1. Sheep

2. (Slightly cheating) think we might get a blue recolour of the shark and possibly a new 'hammerhead' head too.

Do you also know something I do not :wink: Anyway a hammerhead shark would be cool!

1. A stag or deer

2. A robo parrot.

A stag/deer would be a Lego dream come true, preferable a roe deer, but I will be happy anyway :wub:

A robot parrot? Do not count, try again :classic:

Fish for a female eskimo

Will probably fall in the second category if it has a new colour.. Do you have a guess for a completly new animal :classic:

I'll bet we get a Rhinoceros next. Probably not, but it'd be cool.

Maybe that prototype Buffalo will show up someday...

You never know what they make, they have allready made a elephant so could be a rhinoceros next :wink:

To bad with the buffalo, that was realy a missed opportunity :cry_sad:

Seal or sea lion

That's the spirit :thumbup: They will probebly realise a sea lion before a lion :tongue:

As usual, I found great wisdom in AmperZand's post. Because of that, I am going to guess:

New mold: Chinchilla

New colour: Brown Skunk. AKA, squirrel.

I liked your rinocerus guess better than the chinchilla :wink:

New mold: Fox

Revolve: black dog

I fox would be great :classic:

Which of the dog moulds would get black make up do you think?

Tiger.

Would be great and easily reusable in different colors for female lion, puma, leopard etc.

Squirrel (perhaps to precede a Squirrel Girl minfig) or a duck/swan

A mallard duck is easy recognizable too most Lego fans around the world and would make a great addition to the few birds we got :thumbup:

1. Sheep. I think this is obvious. And furthermore, I predict it will appear next year in the Nexo knight village raid set. If not, it'll certainly feature in a shepherd figure. If it's not next, then it's certainly in its way.

2. Harder to predict this. The seagull mold would do very well with a recolour, though.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I hope you are right! Then I will like nexo knights much more as well :wink:

If they paint it black or black/grey it will turn out a good crow!

Since the fish will probably be a recolor, I guess that doesn't count but I could see if happening. A Turtle could work but don't know what minifigure he would come with.

Edited by amazingbricks

Ah yes. We can dream.

Actually, come to think of it, I'd prefer a better Buffalo mold. That old one would be outdated and be the source of so many complaints...

I do think that a couple of well-designed animal moulds for 'big cat' and 'deer' could cover a lot of bases and be useful in many themes.

As already said, simple recolours / different prints of a generic big cat would work for a tiger/lion*/leopard/puma/panther/jaguar.

Similarly a well-designed generic deer could work as male/ female, different species and possibly even some antelopes. Some holes in the head that allow some current 'horn' pieces and new antlers to be fitted would make it pretty versatile, as could a couple of colour options.

I really hope they don't attempt to pass off a recoloured skunk mould as a squirrel :/

I fox would be great :classic:

Which of the dog moulds would get black make up do you think?

I thought this mold was used for several including a dalmatian, but Brickset treats them as different molds.

I thought this mold was used for several including a dalmatian, but Brickset treats them as different

Yeah, I'm surprised that mould hasn't been used in black with Doberman markings. Handy for any MOC that merit someone releasing the hounds!

My guess for the new animal mould is sheep. I don't think it'll be in one of the Nexo Knights sets, but in one of the future minifigures series instead.

For a recolor of an already existing mould, I agree with your guess. It probably will be a cat recolor, either a white cat or a patched one.