Sign in to follow this  
def

Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum - Day Two

And on that note, my meds are kicking in so I'm going to take a nap. Please continue to argue your illogical and clearly desperate points on your own. The more you've said, the less sense you've made, and no matter how hard you press the issue, words have meanings and you can't change them.

As for everything else you've said, I find no reason to defend myself. I'm telling the truth. That's what I've found, I've claimed they were my theories. I think I'm making good educated guesses. I'm confident my side of the story would prove true if I'm killed during the night or executed during the day. I have no worries about that.

If I apply your logic, I don't need to defend myself as I'm telling the truth. I'm not even presenting idiotic theories without proof, so I don't need to worry at all, right?

As for being killed, I'd rather not, thanks. Maybe you come back after three days, but the rest of us don't. If you want to make the ultimate sacrifice to prove some point that will end up being wrong, I'll be happy to get a hammer and nails and help out. :grin:

And on that note, m...out. :grin:

I don't know why people are changing their votes to Martin. Maybe it's because he was so "my way or now way" at the beginning of the day and then switched votes sporadically before offering explanation. I could see that.

However, should we vote for someone that is suspected to be Sinister? Or vote somebody out that two investigations have revealed is not insane. We knows the good guys are The Insane. Even if Shadows is not Sinister what is someone who's Not Insane doing in an insane asylum anyway? I have a strong feeling he's either lying about being neutral and is Sinister, or he's independent and up to no good. Either way, I don't think he should be trusted.

I agree that Jesus' claim is likely true as if he was lying there were far easier and more plausible things he could clam.

A night action that works only on Insanes isn't very useful for to an Insane, but is potentially very useful for a Sinister Insane. However, Jesus also acknowledges that that's just a theory (and so far his action just hasn't worked on Shadows, apparently). A theory he may better drop, because it makes him look suspicious.

Jesus, have you already explained what you were trying to achieve by switching the King and Shadows? And were you actually told the reason for your failure on Shadows?

If we decide to believe Jesus and his day-time investigator to be truthful and one of us 'Insanes', the fact that they are not sure about how to interpret the 'not insane' result leads me to believe they haven't found a Sinister Insane as of yet.

Except he's already admitted being neutral - sorry, independant so that scenario is extremly unlikely to happen.

Indeed, in terms of information, convicting Shadows - provided he's truly 'not insane' and Jesus and his investigator are telling the truth - isn't giving us much to go on, since it would just be a difference in opinion about keeping a 'not insane' person in the ward or not. It doesn't conclusively prove Jesus or his investigator are Sinister Insane.

As I said before, I decided that we needed to eliminate potential scumbags from this hospital. An easy group to eliminate would have been the staff. We clearly outnumber them. If you can't see that, then you're crazy. Right, you are all crazy...Oh, except for "the Shadow".

Information I had been given on day one was read and reacted to. I spoke with "the Shadow" claiming I knew of him to be not insane.

Information from day 2 was then relayed to me and it explained how someone else was insane. Green was used in the note, yet no color was used in the note from day 1. When I questioned all of this for clarification, I was informed that things had changed and this is how it was. So I said to everyone, please forget what I already said about my vote. I then changed my vote to "the Shadow". My note was corrupted from the first day, for that I am sorry. When I spoke with Jesus, our "information" correlated and matched up well.

The investigator figured out the finding after getting the results on day two. So the investigator had a different view of how the findings read until the results from Day Two showed up.

My accusations against you aren't baseless. They're based on the results of two night (day) actions. You aren't offering much in the form of alliance or helping to explain what we've found and yes, the leaking of your confidential file, by you, has made it's way around and if we are to believe it, it does say you can choose sides.

However, should we vote for someone that is suspected to be Sinister? Or vote somebody out that two investigations have revealed is not insane.

Wait a minute, I think I missed something. What exactly does the two day actions mean? I understood that Martin, the day investigator, has investigated Shadows on day one and got as result, that he's none of us. But where does the other investigaton come from? And what about the other day action? Has Stash investiagted him twice (why?) or were those two different actions, and which actions with which result? I'm more than confused now, would be nice, if someone explains this to me, cause I don't get it.

A night action that works only on Insanes isn't very useful for to an Insane, but is potentially very useful for a Sinister Insane. However, Jesus also acknowledges that that's just a theory (and so far his action just hasn't worked on Shadows, apparently). A theory he may better drop, because it makes him look suspicious.

I've been thinking about it and it's possible that I could save someone's life if I think someone is going to be killed or targetted by the Sinister. If I think they'll go after the investigator I can switch the investigator with a non-action insane to spare the life of the one with the important role. Also, if it doesn't work, it reveals that someone is either not insane or has been protected.

Jesus, have you already explained what you were trying to achieve by switching the King and Shadows? And were you actually told the reason for your failure on Shadows?

I did explain it earlier when I first revealed my role. But I shall do so again: I thought the King to be innocent due to his amateurish flip-flopping and voting for everyone. I though Shadows, due to his lack of involvement, could potentially be sinister. I thought the night action worked on innocent and bad guys so I thought if Shadows was Sinister and a killer or converter, if I switched him with someone he would lose that power for the night. It didn't work and while it wasn't confirmed why, I was told to re-read the description of my role as I had missed something. This was after I first revealed my post explaining that I thought Shadows was protected and that's why my night action didn't work. The request to re-read my description came after I made that post, leading me to believe it didn't work because Shadows is not insane as the daytime investigator had the exact same finding.

If we decide to believe Jesus and his day-time investigator to be truthful and one of us 'Insanes', the fact that they are not sure about how to interpret the 'not insane' result leads me to believe they haven't found a Sinister Insane as of yet.

I admit, this is just us trying to make sense out of our roles and the results we got on the first day. I'm not fully sure what our findings mean yet. Killing Shadows could be a test of our roles and what results we are getting. If he's killed and revealed to be Sinister, we know that Not Insane means Sinister. If he is a neutral, then we'll find out what else he might've been up to. I don't think killing Martin will gain us anything and could end up being a big loss for us...

I know it's not solid, but for me, it's all I have to go on. I understand why people would be hesitant to go along. I would be if I weren't me right now.

Wait a minute, I think I missed something. What exactly does the two day actions mean? I understood that Martin, the day investigator, has investigated Shadows on day one and got as result, that he's none of us. But where does the other investigaton come from? And what about the other day action? Has Stash investiagted him twice (why?) or were those two different actions, and which actions with which result? I'm more than confused now, would be nice, if someone explains this to me, cause I don't get it.

I misspoke. Two investigations means that Martin investigated him (I didn't realize Martin had revealed this in the thread, but I guess it's obvious) and that my night action revealed the same info. So, while my night action wasn't an investigation, it revealed that Shadows is not insane since my action only works on the insane.

:wacko: ! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sorry. :blush:

I believe Martin has the power to investigate. Don't kill him. Kill Shadows and we'll see if our theories are correct. :cry_sad: This game is hard...

I misspoke. Two investigations means that Martin investigated him (I didn't realize Martin had revealed this in the thread, but I guess it's obvious) and that my night action revealed the same info. So, while my night action wasn't an investigation, it revealed that Shadows is not insane since my action only works on the insane.

:wacko: ! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Sorry. :blush:

I believe Martin has the power to investigate. Don't kill him. Kill Shadows and we'll see if our theories are correct. :cry_sad: This game is hard...

Thanks for the explanation. Now I get what you meant.

Information I had been given on day one was read and reacted to. I spoke with "the Shadow" claiming I knew of him to be not insane.

Information from day 2 was then relayed to me and it explained how someone else was insane. Green was used in the note, yet no color was used in the note from day 1. When I questioned all of this for clarification, I was informed that things had changed and this is how it was. So I said to everyone, please forget what I already said about my vote. I then changed my vote to "the Shadow". My note was corrupted from the first day, for that I am sorry. When I spoke with Jesus, our "information" correlated and matched up well.

May we learn the second you investigated? Not that it would be too useful, but it would be interesting who we can trust, just in case something happens to you tonight.

OK, so if one came back as insane and one as not insane with no color, then Shadows must be telling the truth about being independent. But, I believe he is still a huge danger. He could be a serial killer or have chosen the side of the Sinister. Too dangerous to keep around, in my opinion.

And to clarify, because someone asked me to privately, I had missed that my night action only works on the unprotected insane. I was assuming it didn't work on Shadows because he was protected, but the timing of my receiving a reminder makes me think that it is because he isn't insane.

This game is giving me a headache.

As I said before, I decided that we needed to eliminate potential scumbags from this hospital. An easy group to eliminate would have been the staff. We clearly outnumber them.

Well, we know that the Sinister Insanes got out of the ward, so there must be at least one staff member involved. But I hope you're not willing to take those odds with the rest of us. You mentioned on day 1 that you'd come with an informed voting advice on day 2. And the first vote you cast was for Dr. Rajim. Why Rajim, what was that based on?

May we learn the second you investigated? Not that it would be too useful, but it would be interesting who we can trust, just in case something happens to you tonight.

Pretty useful if you ask me... the Sinister have nothing to gain from this information, so I see no reason for not disclosing it publicly.

I'm curious to know what you think getting rid of all the staff will accomplish, other than making the Sinister's life a little easier.

And why would you announce so brazenly that you can investigate? Isn't that just inviting the Sinisters to target you? Or is it that you don't have a reason to fear them? :hmpf_bad:

All this new information is making my wolf-brain hurt.

Jesus, you talk a lot, and little of what you say makes sense. However, I don't believe you would make up the Switcher rrrrole - you'd have to be a complete nutter. So I'm going to trust you.

Martin, your alien antics are bizarre, but an investigator is useful.

Shadows - independent or sinister, you are not one of us. So, until more information comes along, I will vote: Kevin 'Shadows' Mitchell. Arrrr-oooo!

Well, we know that the Sinister Insanes got out of the ward, so there must be at least one staff member involved.

13. About meta-gaming. As a serial meta-gamer (despite thinking it poor game play), I've designed this game to be anti-meta. Using the number picker at random.org, avatars were assigned rooms, then players were (for the most part) randomly assigned avatars, and after those were settled, roles and powers were randomly assigned. There is no connection between hospital roles and game roles. So have fun in the game, but don't think nurses are being led by the doctors, or there is any meaning between room groupings. If you do, you will shoot yourself in the foot and hurt your team.

I thought this was yet said often enough. :hmpf_bad:

Maybe they somehow were possible to override the securities. I have no idea how this asylum is secured, as I never tried to break out, but I think you can steal door keys very well.

This game is giving me a headache.

Me too. When I was brought here, I was pyromanic. Now I'm both pyromanic and paranoid. Great cure, Doctor Blut(zi)egel. :sceptic:

To understand the last one, Blutegel is German for leech. Just in case someone doesn't get it.

And why would you announce so brazenly that you can investigate? Isn't that just inviting the Sinisters to target you? Or is it that you don't have a reason to fear them? :hmpf_bad:

I guess Shadows was first to tell it publicly.

I still haven't been able to reach a decision on who to vote.

Everyone is talking too much and throwing around so much blame towards Shadows and Jesus, and I don't know who to vote for...

Uhm.. :look:

Our Lord and saviour makes a compelling argument. One to which I agree with.

If the sinister start to gain ground, then there's no reason which would make somebody to hop onto the winning team. It's already confusing having to choose between Sinister and Insane, but there are also in the middle :wacko: .

With this in mind, let's Vote: Kevin "Shadows" Mitchell

I need a sitee-down.

Oh, no, that's not how you use a chair. Curse these four legged wooden creatures!

Bear agrees with what others have said, Shadows may not be Sinister, but he's not one of us. Therefore, I vote:

Vote: Shadows

Tomorrow's result will be dependent on Shadow's alliance.

First of all, I never said I was an investigator. I said I was given some information.

As for the staff, I have explained it multiple times already and this is the last time for those of you with small brain power. I figured that we as a group would easily outnumber the staff and would most likely find at least one sinister/not insane member among them. That's all there was. I wasn't going to sit around and go "Oh, poor Oaktree, blah blah blah." Yes we know he died, we were all here. No need for every member of this institution to reiterate. I made a move because nothing else was going on. I will not apologize because I still stand by my decision, had new information not arisen. If you would like to keep harping on it, by all means, go ahead. However, it's in the past and we need to move on to current issues surrounding us. Detracting from the vote isn't helping anyone.

Sure, I have no problem disclosing who was in the second bit of information. Salvatore Ricardo Samuels (Dragonator) was the person I received information about today, and I was told he was insane.

Now, bearded freak, not quite sure why you still want to vote for me. Same goes to the mythical fatman in red, unless you are holding a grudge?

We can work together as a group and go off the information I have been given, or we can screw around and get nothing done. The choice is yours. Just remember, votes don't lie! Those that are trying to sabotage will be found out sooner, rather than later.

It's been a crazy (ha) day but I believe things are a bit clearer now. While Shadows may be independent as he says, I trust the judgment of both Jesus and Bear. If you're not insane, what are you doing here?

Vote: Shadows

*sigh* you pathetic creatures and your endless "discussions" that lead nowhere. Can't say any of you have really managed to convince me yet, but for now: vote: shadows. I certainly don't trust someone who's in here without actually needing to be.

Lynch Vote Tally (correct me if I'm wrong)

Dr. Rajim/Admiral Ron: 1 (Penalty)

Shadows: 11 (Stash, Hinck, Admiral Ron, iamded, Roncanator, Rufus, Scouts, JimButcher, Mr.Legoninja, CorneliusMurdock, Quarryman)

Martin Century/Stash: 3 (badboytje88, Zepher, Sandy)

Proxy Votes

None

I believe Zepher took his proxy back and voted for Shadows.

Cough couch, what's a zepher? I meant Nurse Pendleton.

I believe Zepher took his proxy back and voted for Shadows.

He took his proxy back and voted for Martin. When I had his vote I used it for Shadows. Def's tally is accurate.

It has been a rough day, but I think we are starting to find some common ground on this issue.

Of the people currently being voted for, I trust Kevin the least, and the evidence provided by Jesus and the alien both suggest that he is up to no good. It is too late in the day for us to try something else, and we have no other evidence to go off, so I think voting for Kevin is the best way for us to go. After Stash revealed to me earlier today his investigation results, I trust his word, and by extension I am currently happy to trust Jesus as it is in line with what the alien says.

Therefore, I too will Vote: Kevin 'Shadows' Mitchell/Shadows

It's your funeral people. Remember who wasted your time on a harmless independent when you could have been going after the people who are trying to kill you. They aren't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts, they're distracting and misleading you and hoping to gain your support for their future misdeeds.

Good luck, insanes, you're going to need it.