Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Thank you for auto-rolling. :grin:

But I know you've been cheating and giving Pretzel the worst rolls. :damn:

I look at it this way: an Assassin still gets a chance at an Assassination on a Lethal Aim even if their WP is less than the enemy's SP. (Actually, that'd be a cheap but in a weird way sort of cool enemy: SP 250 or something, but not immune to Assassination. Actually, now that I think about it, that's a BAD BAD BAD idea, unless the Quest has a party of 8 Assassins, which would end up in a somewhat fair but still extremely cheap fight.)

...and now that I'm thinking this way, I would LOVE to see a party with one of every Rogue AC. ...which could actually be Quest 53: Hybros (Assassin), Thothwick (Black Knight), Arthur (Sorcerer), Atramor (Witch)...the only class we lack is Raider, since none of our Raiders are elligable for the Quest.

Haldor throws his hands up and turns away from the others. Filled with frustration and anger, his face a mask of rage, the shadow of something nasty on his face. The nord is flashed with an anger he has harldy felt before, and he cannot control himself as he swings for the bedpost and flips a table. Before anyone else can realise what has happened, Haldor is gone, leaving a trail of dirt in his wake.

Table flipping! :thumbup:

:grin:

I look at it this way: an Assassin still gets a chance at an Assassination on a Lethal Aim even if their WP is less than the enemy's SP. (Actually, that'd be a cheap but in a weird way sort of cool enemy: SP 250 or something, but not immune to Assassination. Actually, now that I think about it, that's a BAD BAD BAD idea, unless the Quest has a party of 8 Assassins, which would end up in a somewhat fair but still extremely cheap fight.)

Is it wrong that I don't at all understand what you're talking about. :blush: An enemy with 250 SP doesn't make any difference to an assassin, it all depends on the assassin's luck in their rolls...or am I missing something. Is there some math behind it or why do you fixate on 8 assassins? :look: And how, in any way, would a fight like that be fair?

...and now that I'm thinking this way, I would LOVE to see a party with one of every Rogue AC. ...which could actually be Quest 53: Hybros (Assassin), Thothwick (Black Knight), Arthur (Sorcerer), Atramor (Witch)...the only class we lack is Raider, since none of our Raiders are elligable for the Quest.

Well, Khorne (Eric) would be but he's busy.

But I know you've been cheating and giving Pretzel the worst rolls. :damn:

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure Quest 24 was pretty bad... :grin:

It's really late and I know I should know this, but when a Cleric/Paladin heals outside of battle, do they heal people to full health or just an amount equivalent to their level?

It's really late and I know I should know this, but when a Cleric/Paladin heals outside of battle, do they heal people to full health or just an amount equivalent to their level?

Full Health.

Take me wiiiiith youuuuuuu! :grin:

Such a quest with Clerics would be amusing. I think the Druid would end up doing most of the healing still though. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Is it wrong that I don't at all understand what you're talking about. :blush: An enemy with 250 SP doesn't make any difference to an assassin, it all depends on the assassin's luck in their rolls...or am I missing something. Is there some math behind it or why do you fixate on 8 assassins? :look: And how, in any way, would a fight like that be fair?

That's what I'm saying...the Assassins couldn't whittle down his health by any means, they'd HAVE to Assassinate him. The high number of assassins is to increase the odds that one of them pulls off the kill...and even so, it'd be likely (depending on the enemy Level) that at least a few Assassins would be taken out before the end. Like I said, it'd be a cheap fight, and only MARGINALLY fair. :wink:

Well, Khorne (Eric) would be but he's busy.

Oh, that's right, I always forget him and Henry Sicarul as Wren Questers. They're two of the few Heroes who have met Wren in person but been pretty much totally unaffected by her. (Docken's another one, but he's pretty much totally unaffected by ANYTHING. :tongue: )

Such a quest with Clerics would be amusing. I think the Druid would end up doing most of the healing still though. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

One of my goals in this game is to go into the Fields of Glory with Cronk, Christopher, Maurice and Alexandre. Seriously, one of my only goals. Every time we got Guardian Angel, we'd auto-run. We could power through the fields in a matter of days.

The Wren Quest sigh-ups end in... a week. :look: There is a slight chance I'll extend them a bit... but it's not likely. I am also seriously considering extending an invitation to Tesni, Hybros and Tarn if they get back before a certain plot point. People pull replacements for quests, don't see why I shouldn't be able to add 3 people to the quest after it departs. Though that's assuming a) they'd be interested b) Sandy approves and c) they get back in time for the plot point.

Pandora, will Nyx be signing up? I hope so, but if you're busy, I understand. :thumbup:

I seem to remember you would have a giant finale questwhen all (3? Maybe 4?) of your plotlines reach their end.

I await it eagerly. :drool:

Yes indeed. The first hints for that quest will be dropped in this one. Guffington, Russel and Wren will all interconnect eventually. And then I'll have to figure out a party for that quest. :tongue: I think the next quest coming your way after this one will be a Russel one in the spring, and a Guffington one over the summer? But I'm not sure quite yet. Does anyone have a preference for which one they'd like to see first?

Edited by Zepher

Wasn't their also a big war quest? :look:

I'd personally prefer Guffington.

I've made three or four drafts for that quest... but I'm not sure about it. I'm not as in love with it. I'll perhaps continue to workshop it. Guffington will be a bit of a murder mystery too, but I think I've reworked it enough that it won't be too similar to the one we just saw. :thumbup:

I've made three or four drafts for that quest... but I'm not sure about it. I'm not as in love with it. I'll perhaps continue to workshop it.

Being the type of person who enjoys putting things in wirting, I have more wasted sheets of paper plannning quets then I'd like to admit to. :blush: The only concept I'm still throwing around involves a "Midas Menace" in Eubric.

Edited by Endgame

I actually have a complete Quest concept I ended up writing for one of my finals. It's the sort of thing that's right up Sandy's alley, though (i.e. the way he takes literary and mythological classics and twists and subverts them to make something new and fresh), so I may just send the concept to him and see if he's interested. :wink:

One of my goals in this game is to go into the Fields of Glory with Cronk, Christopher, Maurice and Alexandre. Seriously, one of my only goals. Every time we got Guardian Angel, we'd auto-run. We could power through the fields in a matter of days.

The Wren Quest sigh-ups end in... a week. :look:

First of all, the Fields team sounds like a lot of fun. I don't think I've gotten to quest with any of you before. Only problem is we paladins only damage foes 1/3 of the time.

Second of all, Aaaah! We've got to find this murderer now so Cronk can get back to the hall.

I actually have a complete Quest concept I ended up writing for one of my finals. It's the sort of thing that's right up Sandy's alley, though (i.e. the way he takes literary and mythological classics and twists and subverts them to make something new and fresh), so I may just send the concept to him and see if he's interested. :wink:

On the subject of quest scheduling, I'm contemplating planning a live quest for Brickworld 2013 in Chicago if anyone would be interested. I know we have quite a few players in the midwest area so I thought it might be neat to try one of these things in person. If that's the case, I'd need to get building more permanent MOC's which might take a little longer to prepare for, as opposed to the flimsy film sets I've been doing. :laugh:

Edited by Waterbrick Down

On the subject of quest scheduling, I'm contemplating planning a live quest for Brickworld 2013 in Chicago if anyone would be interested. I know we have quite a few players in the midwest area so I thought it might be neat to try one of these things in person. If that's the case, I'd need to get building more permanent MOC's which might take a little longer to prepare for, as opposed to the flimsy film sets I've been doing. :laugh:

You can sign Cronk up for such a quest right now.

Second of all, Aaaah! We've got to find this murderer now so Cronk can get back to the hall.

Do what I did constantly in Quest 38: Current Quest Archive Binge! :tongue: I'm pretty sure that Etzel's given you all the clues you need, now you just have to scour the topic for each and every one of them and piece them together to find the murderer.

If all else fails, play through a Phoenix Wright game and/or a Professor Layton game over the weekend and see if that gets your investigative juices flowing. :wink:

Of course, I have my suspicions... :devil: