Sign in to follow this  
Siercon and Coral

Faerie Forest

fantasy with good guys ;)

Great moc, as usuall ;)

What was hardest to build? (I bet the stairs on the main house :)

This is Frontpage material. This build has such a majesty that really shows that "magical" feeling of an Enchanted Forest. Excellent job and genius techniques. Also on a lesser note, where the heck did you get all of those vine leftovers from?

Very impressive build... The attention to detail is astonishing....

Forgive me if you've talked about/answered this before - but how do you photograph such large mocs?

What's your photography setup like?

I would love to aspire to do something this incredible some day - and would love to be able to show it off like you.

I love everything about this. It reminds me of the Inn of the Last home from the dragonlance novels.

Can we possibly see a better picture of that green creature?

I really want to shrink down to mini-fig size and go live here. Is there anyone with a shrink-ray out there? Anyone?

I wish I could see this in person, it is spectacular!

This build is just awe inspiring- if I had to list all the things I love about it it would turn into a novel. The small details everywhere are just mind-boggling.

If this isn't front page worthy- I don't know what is!

OMG how the hell do you even think of this?! Its beyond amazing. As soon as I move out Im attempting this. Totally spent over 30 mins starring at it.

I am totally blown away by this build. You have done an amazing job with the trees and the spiral staircases and the plants, and the ships' hulls are a stroke of genius. This looks so beautifully Elven - This is exactly the type of thing I had wanted to create, but I couldn't think of how to do it, and my build would have been maybe 1/4 the scale. I love this build, and I would love to see it in person if you guys ever decide to come to Brickworld Chicago.... 2013 maybe, :wub:

Just astounding work, and very inspiring! I love the winding staircases and the profusion of so many different types of plants and vegetation. The overall layout and way the different hights are composed to draw your eye through to all the different details is outstanding as well. You guys are just the best! :sweet::thumbup:

This is an absolutely incredible build. I don't think there is a single detail that could be nitpicked! Great job guys, this is one amazing MOC.

This is amazing! Love that you found a use for the throw away part of that 3 leaf piece. :laugh: That water is gorgeous, the foaminess. :tongue:

You never cease to amaze.

Thank you SO much! Everyone, honestly you are all to kind, and we are very sorry it has taken this long to respond. Life has been crazy with moving this to the convention and then moving into a new house this following week. Super busy!

Wow you have really outdone yourself with this one. I hope this is making it's rounds to some shows. I'd sure love to see it in person.

I think we're exhausted just taking it to BF2012 and then moving it into our new basement lol. So that's probably it's last public appearance for some time. But we'll keep on building and maybe post up some videos :D But if your ever in MD, come on over and see it in person, we'll feed you food and watch a movie or build!

P.S. I joined Heroica because of your signature. Just thought you'd want to know :)

Well... Absolutely Incredible!

If this does not make about a gazillion points for Avalonia, then no free build should be worth anything... haha. This is spectacular. I wish I could see it in person.

See what I said above to Darkdragon. We'd love to have ya over if your ever in MD :D

At this point I can die peacefully because no more will I see anything more beautiful and amazing as this creation. :thumbup:

Haha, thanks!

This has got to be the most beautiful and estheticly pleasing MOC I have ever seen. So many things I love about it!!! And, I'm very glad you placed this in the world of GoH. You quite honor all of us with this creation.

Thank you very much. Being a part of this has been a blast. The GoH has been a fabulous place to build with and find inspiration. So happy to be here.

Masterfully done :oh3: The river is incredible, and the treehouses are stunning :thumbup: The main building is my favorite part, I really like the stained gass window with the tree. Keep up the incredible work :classic:

Thank you so much!

Do you have an approximate brick count for this?

We have no clue, and no clue how those who do, do. ;)

You bring so much beauty to Avalonia! Thís is a truly masterpiece! The houses in the trees, all the little details packed into this huge moc! Just brilliant!

Thanks!

fantasy with good guys ;)

Great moc, as usuall ;)

What was hardest to build? (I bet the stairs on the main house :)

Thank you very much, hummm... well most definitely moving it multiple times in order to take it to BF... But i suppose that doesn't count. I'd have to say the stairs up the sides of the trees. Very annoying and not sequential. There is no pattern and it a real pain. There was no way to time it with the anchor points in the tree and was not able to be a perfect circle. The required blemishes/strait sides to the circle were random as well... That probably doesn't make much sense but I could explain it in person. basically if it broke I couldn't fix it w/o starting over.

Very impressive build... The attention to detail is astonishing....

Forgive me if you've talked about/answered this before - but how do you photograph such large mocs?

What's your photography setup like?

I would love to aspire to do something this incredible some day - and would love to be able to show it off like you.

Aw thanks. Um asked Blake if he could edit it on Photoshop to get the white background. for taking the picture we basically throw as much light as possible at it (in this case 8 headlamps not including the rooms lighting). Then we take a bazillion photos and pick the best one or two... not the most efficient ;P but it works lol.

I really want to shrink down to mini-fig size and go live here. Is there anyone with a shrink-ray out there? Anyone?

I wish I could see this in person, it is spectacular!

This build is just awe inspiring- if I had to list all the things I love about it it would turn into a novel. The small details everywhere are just mind-boggling.

If this isn't front page worthy- I don't know what is!

Haha, thanks! Just don't jump on anything that isn't completely sound and will kill you, or have you falling to your death... and then sue us. :) And if your in MD anytime swing on by or shoot us a message.

Again, sorry we didn't reply to everyone or quickly, but you guys are awesome and your comments are so encouraging. Thanks SO much!

Awesome build, seeing it alongside your other builds at Brickfair was great too! It was great meeting both of you, and hopefully I'll see you at Brickfair 2013. Keep up the good work!

Wow, that was a really sad video. :( I am really sorry to see that go, I know how it feels to take apart a prized creation, but this is beyond just a prized creation, this almost seems like your life's work. Again, so sorry to see that it had to be destroyed...

Lego is for deconstruction. The painful part for me was watching him lay in the middle of the pieces... man that had to hurt. Can't wait to see what you all do with those pieces next.

It pains me that I never got to see this glorious MOC in real life...

A moment of silence for the Elves and Faeries that died in this tragic table-flip...