Dragonator

General Discussion and Announcements

I think it's best to not further discuss the game until Bob gets a chance to respond here. He asked for both the Discussion and Conclusion threads to be locked and I'm sure he had good reason to. If he wants you to discuss the game, I'm sure he'll ask for one of the threads to be reopened.

I think it's best to not further discuss the game until Bob gets a chance to respond here. He asked for both the Discussion and Conclusion threads to be locked and I'm sure he had good reason to. If he wants you to discuss the game, I'm sure he'll ask for one of the threads to be reopened.

Ok. Sorry.

Yeah, I would love to discuss the game, as it's sort of unresolved. Well not just sort of.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Regarding the rant on Excalbiur.

I'm not saying Flipz's rant was ok. I'm not saying that! But that picture is pretty fishy. :sceptic: I think Bob does owe everyone an explanation on why the scum were all sitting together.

Flipz- Good job for sticking up for what you thought was right. Terrible job for actually ruining an entire game. :sad: Hope yo get unchambered soon buddy. And hope you can still play Heroica. :cry_sad:

I'm not sure why there's a group of people saying I should apologize to Flipz and especially saying that Flipz was correct in what he did. There are no clues in the pictures, I just put the minifigures wherever I feel like putting them. I usually take those pictures in a hurry before I edit them and make them look pretty.

Allow me to explain that particular image. First of all, I don't know who any of the security guards are. They all look exactly the same except for the color of their hair, so I just put one of them there. Masked Builder's character is standing right next to the table, and Shadows' character has his head turn to the table. They're engaged in the conversation that's going on.

If Flipz needs to base his entire defense on a picture then there's a serious problem, especially when I have said on the previous day that there are no clues in the pictures. In fact, I was helping the scum team out by pointing that out. That way, nobody could have gone back onto the pictures from the start of day three, and accuse the rest of the team.

Regardless, Flipz was royally screwed by the time I said that. Here's another fun-fact, the host is meant to be neutral, but the host also can't be unfair to the other side. You're saying I was unfair to you? No, I was completely fair because I didn't want Scouts to be voted off or persecuted due to a joke in a picture that I made. I had said on Day Two there's no clues and I had to even repeat it today. I don't feel remorse over ruining your "claim" because I've never seen a defense based on a picture and honestly there never should be a defense based on a photo. I did learn a valuable lesson, never joke in the pictures. Look in every advanced game, specifically Steampunk Mafia. There's all sorts of jokes and things in the pictures, and honestly none of it means anything. My job as a host is to provide a fun and enjoyable experience while you kill each other.

Finally, you don't come and bash the host until the conclusion, or you blast him via PM like Hinckley does. I was fine addressing your concerns via PM and then I saw you make practically the same post, except longer, in the game thread. Then you absolutely ruined the game. If you wanted to come out and say something like that, then don't throw the entire scum team under the bus. If you came up with a few townies and threw them under, that would be okay as long as you didn't blast me in half.

I think you should take a very long break from Mafia, and even take another Mafia School or two. I believe I said earlier that you should never be allowed in this part of the forum again, but I was angry then and not so much now. I'm still very frosted at what you did, but I don't really care about your involvement in Heroica. If everything goes well with the staff, which I'm sure it won't based on your comments in the Basecamp that you invited me to, then you might be allowed back into the forums. I'm not sure how old he is, but based on that rant I'd say he's nowhere near the age of eighteen. The forums monitor those underage very closely, and ranting and bitching and crying especially in a mafia game makes you look like an eight year old.

At this time, I am not going to apologize to Flipz, and I don't think I ever will. If anyone resents my actions then feel free not to participate in Excalibur 2.0. I won't hold it against you. To everyone else, I'm not sure if I offended you in any way, but share your grievances in the Excalibur Conclusion thread.

(by the way, could someone unlock the conclusion thread)

I'd just appreciate you not talking about the game, mechanics, roles and otherwise, because a lot of the game is going into Excalibur 2.0. Hypothetically they're two different games, but there's a lot of similar mechanics and whatnot.

Umm... Bob... I wasn't in your game. I was a spectator. :look: And I certainly didn't ask you to apologize. And I certainly didn't say Flipz's actions were okay. I'm not sure if anyone said that. :look: So I'm unsure why your post keeps saying "you" or "yout."

Your picture explanation seems logical. Thanks.

The "you's" don't apply to specifically you, it applies to everyone. There are those that have said that.

Sorry if I made it seem like it was directed at specifically you. :blush:

The "you's" don't apply to specifically you, it applies to everyone. There are those that have said that.

Sorry if I made it seem like it was directed at specifically you. :blush:

:laugh: That's ok. I thought it applied to everyone, but the part below me really got me concerned. :blush:

I think you should take a very long break from Mafia, and even take another Mafia School or two. I believe I said earlier that you should never be allowed in this part of the forum again, but I was angry then and not so much now. I'm still very frosted at what you did,

Well gee, this sucks. I was really enjoying following the story after my demise. Thanks very much Bob for putting on a stellar first version of Excalibur and I'm very sorry it had to end so abruptly and in the way it did.

I look forward very much to 2.0 and hopefully I'll be, err, 'resurrected' :wink:

~A.S.

I did learn a valuable lesson, never joke in the pictures. Look in every advanced game, specifically Steampunk Mafia. There's all sorts of jokes and things in the pictures, and honestly none of it means anything. My job as a host is to provide a fun and enjoyable experience while you kill each other.

I learned that once too but I don't care any more. I make it clear that the pictures don't mean anything and if people want to try to make sense of them, it's their game to do that with. If the Town want to fall for it, it's their fault for not listening to the host the first time. That being said, I have done exactly what you've done in past games and I would do it again if need be. I totally stand behind the notion of the host being neutral and while not giving either side an advantage, a host should definitely make sure he doesn't accidentally give a side a disadvantage. :thumbup:

At this time, I am not going to apologize to Flipz, and I don't think I ever will.

Nor should you. :thumbup:

:laugh: That's ok. I thought it applied to everyone, but the part below me really got me concerned. :blush:

The "you" in the instance you quoted was clearly (to me anyway) Flipz.

The "you" in the instance you quoted was clearly (to me anyway) Flipz.

I thought he meant Flipz. But he didn't address Flipz, but continued with the "yous" from above.

Anyway, I'm sorry this happened. Maybe I'll start getting into mafia again. You hosts do some hard work! :thumbup:

I thought he meant Flipz. But he didn't address Flipz, but continued with the "yous" from above.

:wall: Please note your new title.

:tongue:

Hope to see you play a Mafia game soon.

Bob, I admire you stance on the situation, and I think it's very cool you are giving this another go.

But, I don't think it's a good idea to not allow a post-game discussion. If it's mechanics wise even remotely similair to V1, there are those with more knowledge of the mechanics than others, who will have a certain advantage over others.

:wall: Please note your new title.

:tongue:

Hope to see you play a Mafia game soon.

:roflmao::rofl: I phrased my thoughts so wrong! :head_back::laugh_hard:

Thanks, I thought I did good in Eurodina for a first try. :shrug_oh_well:

I did learn a valuable lesson, never joke in the pictures. Look in every advanced game, specifically Steampunk Mafia. There's all sorts of jokes and things in the pictures, and honestly none of it means anything. My job as a host is to provide a fun and enjoyable experience while you kill each other.

If you were serious here, please "un-learn" this lesson. I loved your pictures and the additional little jokes makes the game that much more enjoyable. :thumbup:

The lesson to be learned from Mafia as a whole: forgive and forget. Clearly this is a bigger offense than normal, but Bob is doing exactly what he should by restarting, and hopefully Flipz will see what he did and learn from it. He was clearly wrong. But we've all been there... to a degree. I trust the staff to handle it well. :thumbup:

The other lesson to be learned from Mafia: It was probably the witches' fault.

Bob, I admire you stance on the situation, and I think it's very cool you are giving this another go.

But, I don't think it's a good idea to not allow a post-game discussion. If it's mechanics wise even remotely similair to V1, there are those with more knowledge of the mechanics than others, who will have a certain advantage over others.

Yeah, After a bit of grocking, you might be right. We can all discuss our feelings afterwards I guess. That having been said, If it's too much like the last game's settup, those who were scum or special would have something of an unfair advantage. I'm really sorry that this is happening to you. You've got some tough decisions to make. Also, I'm sorry for even thinking you were trying to affect Flipz's roleclaim when you pointed out that it was a joke (although it would have been pretty dumb for many people to believe the claim which was based off of a picture.) I am however surprised about the unintentional Easter egg picture. It'd be just so hysterical if it weren't so tragic! :laugh::cry_sad:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

WITCH!!!! :sing:

Yes, it probably is my fault.

Yes, it probably is my fault.

*shakes his fist*

Hiiiiiiiinckleeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!

Well, here's my stance on this: I personally believe that Flipz owes Bob a VERY PUBLIC apology for what he did, providing he doesn't get perm-banned over this. I mean while it's Megabloky enough to ragequit a videogame, which can just be reset with a push of a button, its an entirely worse to do it with a game like this. After all, all those minifigs, sets and other scenery don't build themselves! Only a real Megabloking Slubanning Ban-Baoer would screw over all the other players just because they were losing!

While I can understand being frustrated at losing, since I lose a LOT at most multiplayer games I've ever played, ragequitting is NOT the way to handle it... At least try to go out with some style (like trying to make one of your scum teammates look like they're town for instance).

Coming soon to the Mafia Games Forum, Rick and Pandora are pleased to present....

7575430402_e40b1d9963_z.jpg

Sign-ups will start very soon, so keep your eyes peeled*!

*Not literally, that would be gross.

I was so excited until I saw the Mafia School part. :sad::wub: GOOD LUCK!

Yes! Been waiting for a mafia school forever. :thumbup: