ACPin

TC-14 Lego Promo

Their email specifically says come back on the 4th and 5th, they are building suspense.

I know, I read the email. If they wanted to build suspense, I think it would have been better if they announced all the little deals a little at a time and maybe a day or two before the 4th, announce what the promo minifigure would be. The thing I want the most is the free shipping on orders over $75.00. That will decide whether or not I make the trip to a LEGO store or not.

The post card of mine for U.S. states that you get:

A free TC-14 Minifigure, UCS R2-D2 poster

Free Standard shipping

Star Wars sets on sale (doesn't say which ones though) :classic:

Edited by Kitfistonator

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the May the 4th page is now live, but it's just a teaser for now, so no info on any other promotions yet.

Lucky U.S.

I can't find such an announcement on the German homepage, nor did I get an email informing me about the promotion.

This is why I wait on most sets. There are a few here and there that I feel I have to have sooner but in general I wait. I know I want to order the Y-wing but not sure what to put with it to get right at the 75 mark.

Less than a week to go before I get my hands on this chrome beauty. Can't wait to see whats in the sale. I hope that it's not all star wars though i hope if I have some star wars in each order that it still counts. I'm going to my local store so hopefully it will be a bit more relaxed than the shop@home. I just saw the avengers film and now I have to choose between star wars and marvel :sad:

I got my TC-14 promo postcard in the post today. UK terms and conditions on the rear are posted.

img_0004.jpg

img_00020.jpg

I guess it paid off for me waiting on some of the new sets, I haven't picked up the Y-wing. X-wing, Tie fighter, or Jedi Interceptor yet. I haven't picked up the Hoth base Naboo fighter,or the new Falcon either. I'm hoping that last summers sets might be on sale. I'm glad I get paid a couple days before the sale, depending on how much overtime I got, I may put in multiple orders and get a second TC-14.

Does anyone know if it's possible to bypass the limits that Lego puts on some of their sets? I was planning on getting 6 of the Endor battle packs on May 4th which is right around $78 just about perfect to get the promo, but according to S@H you're limited to 5 battle packs. How does it make any sense at all that Lego promotes building your army with battle packs, then limits you to 5 per order? If anyone has any experience with that I'd love to hear about it.

The post card of mine for U.S. states that you get:

A free TC-14 Minifigure, UCS R2-D2 poster

Free Standard shipping

Star Wars sets on sale (doesn't say which ones though) :classic:

Dang, I already have the sets picked out I'm going to buy to get it, maybe I'll have to buy more if some are on sale.

I got my TC-14 promo postcard in the post today. Full UK turms and conditions on the rear ar posted.

'snip'

Thanks Mutley777 :thumbup:. I've been dying to find out the UK terms for this promo, a £50 spend doesn't seem at all bad :sweet:

Edited by Praiter Yed

Woo, only have to spend £50! That makes my wallet feel a bit more comfortable. Still, a difficult decision between two beautiful sets!

I am still not sure if I am going to drive to LEGO store or ordering them online. I do have an eye on a few pages and I could make a few orders to get free TC-14 for each separate orders.

Any idea what time does the promo begin? Midnight LEGO store time? Also any idea which sets are going to be on sale as I may need to adjust purchase to get $75 mark.

So far these are the sells I know about. I called a local Lego store to find out what they know. :)

Imperial Shuttle and the Executor are both 20% off, handful of the regularly priced sets are 10% off like the Sith Infiltrator and the Pod Racing set. Also, the usual handful of keychains will be on sale.

Thanks, Gooker. :classic:

Well, I can't say I really want any of those. I don't really want to spend the amount of money needed to get either of the OT sets if I'm going to part them out, and both would need heavy modifications to fit in with my other displayed models. I've been getting a lot of 10%-off coupons in the catalogs lately, so that's not really much of a discount on the Infiltrator or pods.

I hope those discounts are avaiable in the UK. I have been after the Executor on discount for a while and I also have £125 of lego vouchers and VIP points that have been burning a hole in my pocket since my birthday. :laugh:

Thanks, Gooker. :classic:

Well, I can't say I really want any of those. I don't really want to spend the amount of money needed to get either of the OT sets if I'm going to part them out, and both would need heavy modifications to fit in with my other displayed models. I've been getting a lot of 10%-off coupons in the catalogs lately, so that's not really much of a discount on the Infiltrator or pods.

I completely don't care about 10%-off coupons, I have a Disneyland pass, so if I shop at the Downtown Disney store I get 10% off anytime. :grin:

I'm glad to hear that the Geonosian Cannon, the Clone Battle Pack, and the planet sets won't be on sale; now I can start planning my full purchase.

That bit about only needing some Star Wars sets should apply to the U.S. as well...right? (And will the U.S. be getting the TIE promo with this as well?)

Yeah, thanks Gooker1. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

From FBTB:

7128938155_bc765d4447_z.jpg

LEGO_SW_May4th2012_POSTCARD_041212.indd by fbtb, on Flickr

7128938029_d9a151c666_z.jpg

LEGO_SW_May4th2012_POSTCARD_041212.indd by fbtb, on Flickr

I completely don't care about 10%-off coupons, I have a Disneyland pass, so if I shop at the Downtown Disney store I get 10% off anytime. :grin:

I'm glad to hear that the Geonosian Cannon, the Clone Battle Pack, and the planet sets won't be on sale; now I can start planning my full purchase.

That bit about only needing some Star Wars sets should apply to the U.S. as well...right? (And will the U.S. be getting the TIE promo with this as well?)

Me too. :grin:

Who said that they wont be on sale?

Yes, it should. That's what I've been saying throughout this thread. Not sure about the TIE promo, but I hope so.

That bit about only needing some Star Wars sets should apply to the U.S. as well...right?

Where do you get the idea that it says you only need to spend 'some' of the £50 on LSW to qualify for the minifig?

"qualifying purchases for free minifigure and free standard delivery must be at least £50 in Lego Star Warstm merchandise only;"

None of that implies only 'some' needs to be spent on LSW?

Where do you get the idea that it says you only need to spend 'some' of the £50 on LSW to qualify for the minifig?

"qualifying purchases for free minifigure and free standard delivery must be at least £50 in Lego Star Warstm merchandise only;"

None of that implies only 'some' needs to be spent on LSW?

Well...shit. :hmpf_bad: Way to please the fanbase, LEGO. :sarcasm_hmpf:

Actually, what are the prices going to be like on Bricklink? Because I'm not wasting an extra $40 on stuff I don't need.

Tip to TLG: Quit with the "from only one theme" sales. You're just screwing yourself over.

Edited by Flipz

Tip to TLG: Quit with the "from only one theme" sales. You're just screwing yourself over.

I think that even with the "from only one theme" caveat, plenty of the TC-14 minifigs will be given out. And if any are left, they'll simply say they found more and run the sale again at a later time. If LEGO can get rid of all of the Shadow ARC Trooper, they'll definitely be able to get rid of TC-14.

I think everyone should just wait and see what happens. As I said several pages ago, I made 3 orders last year and got 3 Shadow Troopers but only 1 of those orders had any SW sets. My most recent order got me another one and it was not entirely SW sets (maybe not any, I have to look it up) and that was only a month or two ago. So, I would imagine their computer system won't differentiate between SW and non SW based on the past. Time will tell though.

I think everyone should just wait and see what happens. As I said several pages ago, I made 3 orders last year and got 3 Shadow Troopers but only 1 of those orders had any SW sets. My most recent order got me another one and it was not entirely SW sets (maybe not any, I have to look it up) and that was only a month or two ago. So, I would imagine their computer system won't differentiate between SW and non SW based on the past. Time will tell though.

If you can check the box that you want TC-14 and it shows up in your cart before you pay, then you're good. Like Tyrant, I received Shadow ARF Troopers during the May the 4th promo last year and during the last promo a month or so ago. None of my purchases were "only" Star Wars.

I'd really be surprised (happily surprised :laugh: ) if that turns out to be the case. I have no idea how S@H's database is run, but I don't expect TLG to make the same mistake again.

I'd really be surprised (happily surprised :laugh: ) if that turns out to be the case. I have no idea how S@H's database is run, but I don't expect TLG to make the same mistake again.

I honestly don't think it was a mistake, but that's just my opinion. If the sets stated to be on sale will be on sale, I am probably going to get SW sets anyway. I have $100 in credit and with 20% off and free shipping the Super Star Destroyer isn't looking too bad.