Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

I dont think it will rub off so easily, I guess is to save money, as Ive heard that printing is expensive, nonetheless TLG could print the back of the roman as the back of the ZooKeeper and even in that way, it will improve a lot than what we recently have.

Dont get me wrong I love the roman, but watching him from behind it feels incomplete. :cry_sad:

What are you talking about? The Zookeeper isn't printed on the back. :wacko:

If you don't want to look at the Roman's yellow behind I suggest putting a cape on him, like the Spartan.

What are you talking about? The Zookeeper isn't printed on the back. :wacko:

If you don't want to look at the Roman's yellow behind I suggest putting a cape on him, like the Spartan.

I mean the back of the legs from the Zookeeper, you can see how instead of continuing the shorts print, they just printed the back of the legs with just one color like regular pants, the same could be done with the roman(instead of giving the sensation he leaved his pants on the camp :laugh: ).

I guess a cape would make the job, I already tried that. But I would have prefered they included that as well.

I mean the back of the legs from the Zookeeper, you can see how instead of continuing the shorts print, they just printed the back of the legs with just one color like regular pants, the same could be done with the roman(instead of giving the sensation he leaved his pants on the camp :laugh: ).

I guess a cape would make the job, I already tried that. But I would have prefered they included that as well.

TLG has never printed the back of legs. The Zookerper's legs are all tan except for the front and sides, where there is a shorts and pocket print.

TLG has never printed the back of legs. The Zookerper's legs are all tan except for the front and sides, where there is a shorts and pocket print.

Sorry for the printed word I used, perhaps painted will suit better.

The translator uses that word. :sceptic:

But what you said is what I am trying to explain some posts before, thanks for clarifying it. :classic:

Greetings.

I am doing pretty good, I have found all these so far:

Highlander

Mechanic

Butcher

Clockwork Robot

Surgeon

I picked up the Clockwork Robot today, and I'm impressed! The head is molded exactly like a minifigure head, except it's rectangular and has bumpy printing! :classic:

Way to go! Found a missing Spacewoman among the five packs of today.

Three more to completion.

Edited by Lucanik-san

I FINALLY found a Target with these in stock. For some reason, in my area of MN the Targets weren't stocking these. I just had to drive to a larger city for a conference and check one out. Anyway, three untouched boxes were emptied into a display case - had my pick of whatever I wanted.

Out of curiosity, am I the only one finding the Roman Soldier impossible to find? Everywhere I've checked, I haven't been able to find it.

Out of curiosity, am I the only one finding the Roman Soldier impossible to find? Everywhere I've checked, I haven't been able to find it.

You may be the only one. I think you're the only person I've heard of that hasn't been able to find the Roman Soldier. May I ask, are you using the dot codes of touch method?

You may be the only one. I think you're the only person I've heard of that hasn't been able to find the Roman Soldier. May I ask, are you using the dot codes of touch method?

Mainly the codes. Once or twice I've tried feeling, to no avail.

I love my local toy shop. They have started writing numbers on the back of the packets to let customers know which minifig is inside. Thanks to this, I got the last 2 Highland Warriors they had in stck :D

Mainly the codes. Once or twice I've tried feeling, to no avail.

The codes are okay but they vary depending on the batch. The packaging for the Roman Soldier tends to bulge more than other packages because of the helmet. I always look for the bulge first then I check for the spear. It's length is almost the same as the width of the package and the tip of the spear is soft and bends pretty easily. The shield also has a pretty distinct feel to it.

Until now i managed to find the Minotaur, Lady Liberty, Space Chick, Sleepy Head and Genie. I really like how the space girl has a hair piece and one helmet, but my favorite is the Genie. The only one that i want to add to my collection is the Surgeon.

The codes are okay but they vary depending on the batch. The packaging for the Roman Soldier tends to bulge more than other packages because of the helmet. I always look for the bulge first then I check for the spear. It's length is almost the same as the width of the package and the tip of the spear is soft and bends pretty easily. The shield also has a pretty distinct feel to it.

That's what she said... :tongue:

The Legonater

Back on topic, I thought the Roman was really easy to find. I found 4 almost immediately, but I could not find a Lady Liberty if my life depended on it. Very odd I thought. I only used the feel method though, so I would agree with Sir Basil Ashton regarding on what to look for.

Good luck!

It's not what method you use, it's whether or not there are any left.

The hardest figures for me to find were the roman, the leprechaun, and the statue of liberty.

Feeling for either the statue of liberty or the roman was easy enough - I just couldn't find them, multiple places, multiple times... even two random sets of 16 from LEGO S@H had neither.

Luckily, on my last trip to the LEGO Store, I managed to find all three... but I was ready to give up on the Roman, grabbed two packs and said "these are the last two I'm checking, this is taking too long" (after searching for like a half an hour), and the first one of those two I felt the spear (no puns, please).

Forgot to post about it on Friday, but I picked up two more figures- the butcher and the nurse- during the Toys'R'Us sale. Both figures are exceptional. The Butcher figure has great accessories, the steak bone and hat are exceptional. Additionally, the surgeon has a great hat and 2x2 tile. The only complaint with the surgeon is that the torso has a woman style to it.

Series 6 just hit my city last week. At first i nearly gave up on the roman. I was feeling for the shield (which in my mind was quite big) but after 14 hand picked randoms, i was out of luck. However i went back to the store but felt the spear that time. Next thing i know i've raked up 30 romans ( after i did a LOT of driving). I'm a happy chappy now!

It's not what method you use, it's whether or not there are any left.

The hardest figures for me to find were the roman, the leprechaun, and the statue of liberty.

Feeling for either the statue of liberty or the roman was easy enough - I just couldn't find them, multiple places, multiple times... even two random sets of 16 from LEGO S@H had neither.

Luckily, on my last trip to the LEGO Store, I managed to find all three... but I was ready to give up on the Roman, grabbed two packs and said "these are the last two I'm checking, this is taking too long" (after searching for like a half an hour), and the first one of those two I felt the spear (no puns, please).

I feel your pain. I bought a batch of around 60 packets that was probably 3/4 fresh box and 1/4 picked over packets at TRU. At the end I was only lacking Lady Liberty. I'm telling you though, what you really want to do with these things is buy like 60 or 80 of them, take them home and take your time, and then return a bunch of them later. I wish there was still a way to buy these in bulk online at MSRP, but there's been some sort of conspiracy against that starting with series 6 it seems. At least around the launch date I guess.

I'm going to call it right now - Lady Liberty is going to be highly sought after and valuable on the aftermarket for years to come. She just has that appeal and will never go out of style; independence day happens every year. If Lego ever made a proper Santa Claus or christmas elf figure, it would be all over! I would love a Christmas sub-theme in the CMF series...

Forgot to post about it on Friday, but I picked up two more figures- the butcher and the nurse- during the Toys'R'Us sale. Both figures are exceptional. The Butcher figure has great accessories, the steak bone and hat are exceptional. Additionally, the surgeon has a great hat and 2x2 tile. The only complaint with the surgeon is that the torso has a woman style to it.

It's supposed to be a woman. Didn't you see the eyelashes?

:laugh:

-Sci

Just posting here to say that I have spares :).

3 x minotaur.

3 x Bandit

1 x Alien

1 x flamenco dancer.

1 x Space Babe

All I need is a surgeon - if anyone in the UK wants to swap i'm all for that!

I got back from groping preusing the Series 6 selection of LEGOLAND. So many shops to find them, and I couldn't find a single Roman.... :cry_sad: