Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur 2.0: Day Three

But LEGOman's insistence that Burbank isn't scum has certainly raised my eyebrows.

I worry about anyone who is so certain of anything in this game of life, so consider us in mutually raised eyebrow mode.

Plus, to be honest, something hasn't felt quite right about Burbank for a while now and a seemingly inappropriate outside defense just adds to that.

Ensign Williams does have a point. How can we analyse patterns when people don't even care to speak their mind about what's going on? Today has been a pretty exciting day with a few accusations or at least suspicions flying around, yet very few crew members have voiced their opinions. For instance:

Something does not add up here. There has got to be some foul play somewhere along this clustermegabloocky of a night.

What?! What!?! What does this even mean!? Why would a townie do this!? To trip the Scum up somehow? Maybe he's a townie first, but by meeting up with the scum he turns into scum? I don't know, and we probably wont find out until the end :sceptic: . Maybe he just needed to get himself lynched? :hmpf:

I lost a good crew member from the bridge today. I'm beyond frustrated how wrong we were.

Don't do that, please. It's gone out of fashion since several years ago.

Who said what?

Oh, sorry, I thought I had put the identification in the quote code, I guess it just didn't go through :shrug_confused: . Anyway, that was Ensign Pewter (palathadric), who sent the message to Ensign Falcon (Hinckley) as he was being lynched (and I believe was lynched before sending the pm).

It was Da Bomb :sing: !

I don't think Falcon was connected with the vigilante. He hasn't alluded to the fact in thread or in my private discussions with him; plus, he has been pretty transparent on who he's been in contact with. Furthermore, if he was working with the vigilante, I doubt he would also ask publicly in the thread for the vigilante to kill Campbell, which by the end of the day, he was against of such an idea. If he was in private conversation, I'm sure he'd have done more to convince the Vig to go after a different target, which clearly did not happen (unless it was the scum who went after Dakar, which I don't see any motivation in doing so).

I guess my point is, is that the Vig appears to keep going after the most suspicious target before the lynchee. It's not a bad strategy, but it hasn't done us very well, either. The Vig going after a much less obvious person did benefit the town in the simulation, though.

BOOP DOOP BOOPILY DOOP. Oh, sorry, I was entertaining the dead folks. I haven't lost my mind or anything like that :look: .

Well, I'm not looking to be hasty this time around. So far, haste has made a lot of waste here...

See? Commander Walters has spoken up quite a few times, yet not once he has voiced the shadow of an opinion on the present accusations. How's that for flying under the radar? Active yet not really, I bet he will just jump on the most promising bandwagon when it will have gained momentum. The worst thing is, it wouldn't even mean that Commander Walters is scum. We just can't tell. So yeah, I'd rather have people summarise and repeat, and at least chime in on accusations so that we can retrospectively try to figure out their allegiance, instead of just voting late in the day when the direction of the vote is already obvious.

Oh and...

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh3:cry3: waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! :cry3: I'm a tree stump! *oh2*

Because it is important to keep the dead folk entertained! :wink:

A tree stump appeared in the recroom of the Excalibur

"I am a tree stump!" Magic Stump / Hinckley declared.

A tree stump appeared in the recroom of the Excalibur

"I am a tree stump!" Magic Stump / Hinckley declared.

Oh! :cry_happy: I'm a tree stump too, can we have babies? :wub_drool:

*oh2* a magic tree stump? I must research this. If somebody has a day action that allows this, please tell me. I want more! Now we can no longer say "We got no trees!"

The argument that we should investigate someone tonight rather than lynching them today is a classic way to keep scum alive for another night, and raises the possibility of a godfather who may show up town in investigations. The insinuation is so alarming that Burbank himself immediately distanced himself from it, which I guess is a point in his favour.

This is something that really caught my attention as well. Starting out as just a defense more like "hey don't pick on him" didn't seem so bad, that happens a lot. However, when he kept pushing the "don't lynch, let's investigate" angle it started smelling fishy. Like is mentioned in the quote above, the possibility that Burbank could be godfather is worrysome and is looking very possible based on what's been said so far today.

STUMP! STUMP! STUMP!!

I'm Magic! *oh2*

Err, I didn't study this in any of my astrobiology courses... :wacko:

I eat quasars and poop magic mushrooms.

I eat quasars and poop magic mushrooms.

Has the ship has been infested with a virus that reanimates corpses while leaving the host in a state of mental regression?

No, no, that wouldn't make sense, you're a tree stump, not our dearly departed former crew member.

Are you here to bring a more natural feel to this cold hunk of ABS?

STUMP! STUMP! STUMP!

I am the magic tree stump! :sing:

Edited by Hinckley
magically editing posts! It's Magic!!!!

STUMP! STUMP! STUMP!

I am the magic tree stump! :sing:

When I was a tree stump, the bastard host didn't let me post. :tongue:

Oh, and yeah, you're a friggin' My Little Tree Stump now, don't forget that exploding is magicalâ„¢ :laugh:

What's a magic tree stump gotta do for a cup of megablocking space coffee around here? You guys suck as hosts, to be quite honest. :hmpf_bad: See if I poop any magic mushrooms for you!

You've got roots, and you're magical, go get your own coffee! And poop me the magicalest of magical mushrooms. I could use a pick-me-up right about now.

Get my own coffee? I can't drink coffee, I'm a tree stump. Is there water around here anywhere? Yeesht. Is there a server that isn't working today? I haven't even seen a menu. Server! Oh server! Why can't I get a working server around here? I hope I don't have to stop playing just because the server is broken.

:hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf::hmpf:

Great... we've got a tree stump who wants Stumptown.

It seems a little bit, though, like he's not the only one who's trying to participate at the level of a tree stump. Too many here are not visibly trying to get to the bottom of things and out these purists.

So to get things moving a little bit more, I'm going to go ahead and vote for someone I want to hear more from:

Vote: Lieutenant Michelle Wheeler (Inconspicuous)

For the following reasons:

1. On Day 1, you easily brushed aside the issue that Pewter claimed scum in PM as a joke.

Looks like the Pewter issue is cleared up - it really was a joke! Earlier, I considered changing my vote to make sure we lynched today, but after seeing the full conversation, I don't feel comfortable voting for Pewter. My vote for Mandel still stands.

Prior to this, you had already voted for Mandel, although that vote came after the news about Pewter had already been breached.

2. On Day 2, you easily went along with the vote for Pewter despite the vote being on him for the same reason as on Day 1.

Vote: Brian Pewter (Palathadric)

A fine plan in my opinion. :thumbup:

I'm sure it was a fine plan because you knew he wasn't scum. Unfortunately, this doesn't match your comment from day 1.

3. The two primary candidates for the vote on day 1 were Pewter and Mandel. Both have now been proven Loyalists, which leads me to believe that both received votes by scum. Of the living people who voted for each, there are 7 who voted for Pewter and 5 who voted for Mandel. One of those 5 was me, and I know I'm not scum, so that really just leaves four remaining. Since that's a smaller group to narrow down, I'd like to start there. At this point, you strike me as the scummiest of those four.

This is quickly becoming the weirdest, most frustrating and strangely enjoyable game I have played. At the same time.

So's your face! :tongue:

Weird, frustrating and strangely enjoyable? Sounds about right. Now what are you doing up, you are supposed to be dead.

So to get things moving a little bit more, I'm going to go ahead and vote for someone I want to hear more from:

You want to hear from me? Sure, here goes.

For the following reasons:

1. On Day 1, you easily brushed aside the issue that Pewter claimed scum in PM as a joke.

I'm not sure why this merits a vote. If I brushed it aside as a joke, and he turned out to be scum, then of course I would look suspicious. But he was town, so I wasn't trying to "cover up" for him. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Prior to this, you had already voted for Mandel, although that vote came after the news about Pewter had already been breached.

News breached? Not sure what you're referring to. When I voted for Mandel he had more votes than Pewter.

2. On Day 2, you easily went along with the vote for Pewter despite the vote being on him for the same reason as on Day 1.

Actually you're wrong. On Day 2 we voted him out so we could analyze the voting patterns from Day 1. Unfortunately he turned up as town so we couldn't draw any major conclusions like we hoped.

3. The two primary candidates for the vote on day 1 were Pewter and Mandel. Both have now been proven Loyalists, which leads me to believe that both received votes by scum. Of the living people who voted for each, there are 7 who voted for Pewter and 5 who voted for Mandel. One of those 5 was me, and I know I'm not scum, so that really just leaves four remaining. Since that's a smaller group to narrow down, I'd like to start there. At this point, you strike me as the scummiest of those four.

Again, your analysis doesn't quite make sense. First, you assume that scum voted for both. Likely but not guaranteed. Next, you assume that the number of scum who voted for each is proportional to the total number of votes each person received. Now that's a bit of a stretch.

While it's certainly honorable to try to make progress, I think you're stumbling in the wrong direction.

Actually you're wrong. On Day 2 we voted him out so we could analyze the voting patterns from Day 1. Unfortunately he turned up as town so we couldn't draw any major conclusions like we hoped.

This sentence is complete rubbish. On day 1 we voted for him because we thought he was scum, on day 2 we did the same. No difference. There was no different reasons. On day 1, you refused to vote for Pewter, on day 2 you did not have any of those hesistation.

I kinda wonder as well what's up with that.

Now, something I wonder as well, Wilder, why are you so convinced one of the people that voted for Mandel must be scum, I seem to be missing something fairly significant, as your case relies on this point...

This sentence is complete rubbish. On day 1 we voted for him because we thought he was scum, on day 2 we did the same. No difference. There was no different reasons. On day 1, you refused to vote for Pewter, on day 2 you did not have any of those hesistation.

I kinda wonder as well what's up with that.

Now, something I wonder as well, Wilder, why are you so convinced one of the people that voted for Mandel must be scum, I seem to be missing something fairly significant, as your case relies on this point...

It makes sense if my earlier theory is correct, which as others pointed out, is a big 'if'. But, it would also explain Wheeler's tenacity in going after Mandel on day one then being happy to lynch Pewter on day two.

On Day 1 I felt there was a stronger lynch candidate. Even though I passed Pewter's comment off as joke didn't mean I thought he was town. I voted for him the second time because I thought we could possibly learn some useful information for today. I wasn't the only one who believed we could learn something:

I agree that lynching Ensign Pewter could be informative, if he turns out to be scum. The voting pattern yesterday would be put to good use. If he's not scum we will have learned nothing, but lost little if we are to believe him.

The fact that the ever-absent George Harper (Dragonator), Thomas Hornby (Shadows) and Michael McAndrews (Tammo) all seem to be defending Pewter (Palathdric) and Harper and McAndrews didn't vote for him yesterday (Harper couldn't be bothered to vote at all) is worrisome. Let me break that down:

1. I'm suspicious that Harper (Dragonator), Hornby (Shadows) and McAndrews (Tammo) all are coming to Pewter's (Palathdric) defense.

2. They seem to be dismissing the case against him way too easily.

3. Harper and McAndrews were two of the players who didn't vote for palathdric yesterday.

I say we vote Pewter (palathdric) out.

So, time to test the waters with a vote and see what we can figure out. If he's town, Rockford is the clear choice for tomorrow. If he is scum, then we can kill off Campbell, if he survives the night.