A month to go!

EDIT: I just saw the set on the US S@H website and it says available May 3rd.

Edited by Chills

Having voiced my opinion on this yet, but it seems everyone has in the past 2-3 weeks! Any who, I think this set is quite the improvement over TLG's 2005 edition of the Sandcrawer. The play features are what the kids will like, but I wouldn't be willing to fork out that much money for a set, especially with the price of things these days. Ah well, it was a pass since the price was announced!

Date on lego uk shop at home has changed to 3rd May...

Edit for being a numpty and putting April instead of May :)

Edited by Kaitan

Will this set be available from Amazon as well, or is it exclusively for Lego stores? I've got about $120 worth of Bing points to use on Amazon gift cards. If it isn't available I'll probably just have to buy the Town Hall.

75059_Front_004.jpg

Is it just me, or is the "hidden bonus droid" on the left there basically WALL-E? :tongue:

That's what I thought too!

Edited by Dragonfire

Pretty sure it's going to be an exclusive for a while.

Bummer. Guess I'll be getting the Town Hall!

So will the May the 4th promos go live at 12:01 on the 3rd? What time zone?

I just saw the boxes being delivered in the Clermont-Ferrand, France, store. It's big and nice boxes ! Can't wait for Monday ! :devil: For the other sets I was told they would be in store on may the 8th.

I just saw the boxes being delivered in the Clermont-Ferrand, France, store. It's big and nice boxes ! Can't wait for Monday ! :devil: For the other sets I was told they would be in store on may the 8th.

By other sets do you mean the summer wave? As i thought they weren't out till august?

On a separate note, SANDCRAWLER REVIEW!!!

http://www.fbtb.net/2014/04/25/review-75059-sandcrawler/

By other sets do you mean the summer wave? As i thought they weren't out till august?

I am a bit surprise two. They said they would received the new SW sets by May the 5th and sell them on the 8th. On the other hand, they didn't seem to know what where the sets. I'll ask again Monday.

As I have gotten the chance to read the FBTB review, I can say that I freaking love this set! So much detail packed into this behemoth. The only criticisms I have involve the minifigures. Luke's face printing is really weird, and he doesn't even have his lightsaber at this point in the film. Beru Lars, although not pivotal to the scene, would have been a nice inclusion. I won't be buying the Sandcrawler in order to save up for the D2C sets from other themes this year, but wow.

I can't believe people are complaining about Luke having his lightsaber in the set even though he shouldn't have one. You get something extra and you still complain. you can always give it to some other minifig or even throw it away if it bugs you so much.

Edited by CaptainCRO

It's quite an improvement over the older set, but unfortunately, I can't get past that price! Ah well, I'm sure the adults that can afford it will enjoy it...

Looks like i'll be waiting for a significant discount, 600 nzd feels on the high side. Though i guess it has a similar part count to the ssd

I can't believe people are complaining about Luke having his lightsaber in the set even though he shouldn't have one. You get something extra and you still complain. you can always give it to some other minifig or even throw it away if it bugs you so much.

I agree in 100%. If puttin an EXTRA lightsaber in the set bothers you, I think it's time for a break.

I agree in 100%. If puttin an EXTRA lightsaber in the set bothers you, I think it's time for a break.

I agree with both comments, lego is still a kids toy first and a collectors piece for adults second.

This always bothers me. People so fixate on these sets as a single scene or moment in time. Whereas Lego tends to design them a bit broader. Case in point. Luke does have the Lightsaber for his Second Encounter with this Sandcrawler.

I'm really torn.

I like the set a lot (except Luke's face being a bit uncanny-valley-style), but 300€ seems overpriced.

The Selection of minifigs seems rather mediocre too, the jawas are awesome, but i'm kinda missing some sandtroopers at least. Or, one may dream, sandpeople!

I guess i'll just toss some dice or something :-)