Latest finds this weekend included all of the following for $10

3828 Avatar Air Temple

4701,4711,4726,4727,4731 Harry Potter sets

6429 Fire Boat

Darth Vader Transformation

Anakin Fighter/Vulture Droid set

Tie Fighter

All included minifigs.

I have to be honest, I had no idea what the Avatar stuff was, had to find it on Bricklink, turns out they are fairly collectable. I was in a meeting and my wife picked it up, I was impressed when I got home.

I bought a bag of Lego for eight dollars on Sunday. In it, I found this door. I didn't see the door in the bag when I bought it, and didn't even know what it looked until I looked it up while the bricks were soaking (still before I saw the door).

That is an expensive door! I have a couple of them, they'll be on Bricklink asap!!!

My best find was here in Australia where a local cinema chain (Events) were giving away FREE Series 3 CMF's as part of a promo. I went back each time i was seeing a film and asked whether they had any, yesterday I got the last 8 packs as the girl working there just wanted to clear them out. All up I have all but 3 series 3's for FREE.

MM

Thanks to a fellow AFOL friend of mine he alerted me to a Grand Emporium opened box but factory sealed bags on Craigslist for $80. Swooped up and picked it up same day. Today.

Woot! My local Walmart loves me, or must be cleaning out an old storeroom. I just found a new sealed 8097 Slave One on clearance for $39 USD :cry_happy:

At the same store I found a trio of the PQ sets for about 30% of list price.

I am so happy my wife sent me out to get groceries today :tongue:

Woot! My local Walmart loves me, or must be cleaning out an old storeroom. I just found a new sealed 8097 Slave One on clearance for $39 USD :cry_happy:

At the same store I found a trio of the PQ sets for about 30% of list price.

I am so happy my wife sent me out to get groceries today :tongue:

Whoa sweet score!

Just got a brand new Grand Emporium for $133.20 shipped on ebay. Beats the $179 it would have cost me to buy it from S@H. The seller has 2 more for sale if anyone else is interested http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-HUGE-LEGO-GRAND-EMPORIUM-10211-CITY-TOWN-SHOP-STORE-/280875408385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41657a9c01

Edited by BigRedGoat

Ok I found a really great find this week but I will just give a little bit of backstory. My cousin's boyfriend works in a bank and in the UK this week is the sun promo. Anyway one the employees there happens to be a AFOL and was building the sets at work. This drew my cousins boyfriends attention and they started talking. Anyway theres also an lady who works there who's about 70 years old and after hearing the conversation she says " I have a bunch of unopened star wars sets in my attic that I bought for my grand kids and they never opened them. I must have spent about £1000 on sets". Two seconds later I get a text telling me this info but I was a little late for one set. The other AFOL got a brand new UCS star destroyer for £250. Anyway she's drawing up a list of all the sets this weekend. The last thing she told us was I don't know what there worth and I don't mind what I get for them. I almost died but before I fainted I shotguned cloud city if it's there. :cry_happy:

Edited by Sam892

I was able to get in on the crazy KMart sale today and picked up a fleet of QAR for $30 each! Woohoo!!!

I was able to get in on the crazy KMart sale today and picked up a fleet of QAR for $30 each! Woohoo!!!

Hmmm you could build a super sized version with a couple of those sets! Wish I could find some of these insane deals, my local stores never seem to have that kind of incredibly low clearance prices.

I found a few more car boot sale bargains this morning! I picked up the Minotaurus game for £1 complete and a brand new Brickmaster Star Wars book for £1.50! I'm not into the Lego games but there are quite a few parts and a 32x32 green baseplate too, well worth a quid I thought!

3841.jpg?3

DKStarWars.jpg?1

15.000 of new red 1x2 bricks for 80 e + 10e for shipping from a new seller on bricklink

3004.gif

and promo Darth Maul (shirtless) for 3.5e in my local lego shop :)

15.000 of new red 1x2 bricks for 80 e + 10e for shipping from a new seller on bricklink

3004.gif

and promo Darth Maul (shirtless) for 3.5e in my local lego shop :)

So what are you going to do with 15,000 1x2s?

Got a couple grab bags at my Lego store yesterday... $7.99 each, but when I got home, wow! Great stuff in there...

7159532807_2c7c582843.jpg

IMG_20120605_173837 by mostlytechnic, on Flickr

Bride, Boy, and Secretary from the Town Hall set.

7344739204_9a87d5eed3.jpg

IMG_20120605_173831 by mostlytechnic, on Flickr

A bunch of parts from the Town Hall. Assorted bricks in dark orange are nice to have.

And best...

7159531545_151305ba55.jpg

IMG_20120605_173816 by mostlytechnic, on Flickr

Superman, circle-chested Iron Man, a couple Star Wars troopers (anyone wanna ID them for me?), I think the black fig is a knight from the Joust set. I know that green-armed fig in the middle is all mixed up. The legs are chainmail from the Joust set, the torso I think is Atlantis. I think the far left fig is the Luke from the UCS Imperial Shuttle (or a watch). I think the tan fig on the right is a Mace Windu body (from 7868 or magnet set), with a yellow head and a dark red fez.

Overall though, the figs alone are worth easily $40. Sweet!

Edited by mostlytechnic

Just picked up a second hand Market Street 10190 for $80.

Am sorting out the pieces now with a HUGE smile on my face :grin: :grin: :grin:

Oh my, where did you score that?

Oh my, where did you score that?

Someone was listing it on our local Facebook sales page. Was only displayed once and the instructions are in very good condition. Someone offered $60 for it, the chick would have taken $70 lowest but since she was advertising it at $80 and as I knew I was getting an absolute steal then paying that extra $10 wasn't a big deal.

Counting out pieces now and am very happy!

EDIT: All pieces accounted for. Very very happy! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Edited by TheDarkness

Someone was listing it on our local Facebook sales page. Was only displayed once and the instructions are in very good condition. Someone offered $60 for it, the chick would have taken $70 lowest but since she was advertising it at $80 and as I knew I was getting an absolute steal then paying that extra $10 wasn't a big deal.

Counting out pieces now and am very happy!

EDIT: All pieces accounted for. Very very happy! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

What's the bet the person who offered $60 also knew the value but was so greedy felt they should offer less. $80 is an incredible deal, if it was on my local facebook page, the jealous people in my area would be quick to point out they should sell it on ebay for more, they are also the ones who are quick to point out if someone can buy what you are selling cheaper elsewhere, with no interest in buying the product whatsoever. Well done, I'll happily buy it off you once you've finished building it, for $85 :tongue:

What's the bet the person who offered $60 also knew the value but was so greedy felt they should offer less. $80 is an incredible deal, if it was on my local facebook page, the jealous people in my area would be quick to point out they should sell it on ebay for more, they are also the ones who are quick to point out if someone can buy what you are selling cheaper elsewhere, with no interest in buying the product whatsoever. Well done, I'll happily buy it off you once you've finished building it, for $85 :tongue:

Haha once she said it was sold to me pending pickup, I was collecting very quickly.

The picture was the opened Market Street box, but in the description it said Green Grocer. Either way I was getting it. My wife was the one who found it so she is definitely in the good books.

Our local Facebook page gets like that a little, but people are quick to try shoot it down. Most people on it would be questioning why someone would pay $80 for Lego!

And I think I will respectfully decline your offer :laugh:

I picked up a MISB Star Wars Venator set on Gumtree a few weeks ago for $115. I almost felt guilty...

The funny thing was, Gumtree was having technical problems with forwarding email enquiries to advertisers. I only got the set because I phoned instead of emailing. The seller got a bunch of emails about the Venator a few days later which were submitted to Gumtree prior to my phone call. Score!

I scored a 8386 Technic Ferrari F1 car for $20 on Gumtree on the weekend :classic:

I called the guy, and told him i would pick it up ASAP, when i got there 1 hour later he said he had 5 calls about it and guys were offering him $50 for it.

Garmadons Dark Fortress (misb), Spinjitzu Training Dojo (built but complete), small police helicopter (built but complete), and a huge bag of assorted minifigs for $25 at a garage sale a couple weeks ago.

Then, yesterday, I one-upped myself... 4954 Creator Townhouse ( built, but complete), for $50, aaaaand.... Cafe Corner, in sealed poly bags (just no box), plus instructions for $200!!. I swooned :). This thrift store is definitely my new favorite place :)