CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

Just a reminder as vynsane posted quite a few pages back. We are looking at the beetle insect and blue robot in the Space Swarmer, and my guess is we have a mosquito in the Bug Obliterator, so he will probably appear in cheaper sets for just2good :classic:. It seems the blue robot will also come in the Warp Stinger.

Ah, yes. Hopefully in a $20-$30 set, or even a polybag (which is doubtful).

Ugh, so all of the human vehicles are going to split in half? :sceptic: Sounds like LEGO's sacificing aesthetics for play features again. Oh well, I'll reserve judgement until we see more.

Great to see pics finally. These two sets are great.

Observations:

The blue robot head has printing and the logo on top

The orange robot does have wings

The boxart shows a castle-like structure in the background. Neat. We did see a lot in the AC boxart that did not manifest into anything so obviously no promises there.

Well, even though my Toys R Us trip proved fruitless (although they did have a pile of Reef Wreckers on clearance), I'm glad to see that the rumors were at least true (for Canada anyways)....

My thoughts on the two sets revealed thus far: Is it just me or does it look like, based on the Blue Squad robot, that the Blue Squad could be easily integrated with the ADU from Alien Conquest (or vice-versa)? I wonder if that was intentional as a "peace offering" to those who were disappointed that AQ only had one wave....

I really like the alien ship, especially since it looks like it could easily be used for more than just an insectoid faction: I mean there is something just positively LOVECRAFTIAN about the design, and I have a sneaky feeling that the Space Bug sets (or design elements from them) will become the norm for my Chaos Air Force. I can't wait until they come out around here, particularly the cheaper army builder impulse sets.

Anyone else notice the green "facehugger" alien from Alien Conquest is ON THE BOX ART?! Check the top left of the photo of the Bug Obliterator.. it's on the side of the box, not the front, but you can see it directly to the left of the LEGO logo.

Also, surprised no one else has run to TRUs in Canada and snapped better photos of this stuff.. surely there must be a pic of other sets on the back of the box?

Edited by Rez

Anyone else notice the green "facehugger" alien from Alien Conquest is ON THE BOX ART?! Check the top left of the photo of the Bug Obliterator.. it's on the side of the box, not the front, but you can see it directly to the left of the LEGO logo.

Also, surprised no one else has run to TRUs in Canada and snapped better photos of this stuff.. surely there must be a pic of other sets on the back of the box?

I think that's an Alien Conquest set close next to it.

I like the new robo-figs, and that pod the aliens have to capture the humans looks useful too. Can't wait to see the rest of the sets.

The biggest set is basically Mars Mission 2.0, which is a step backwards for LEGO IMO. Most seemed really unappealing and the humans look like recolored ADU soldiers. Will sadly be passing this theme most likely.

Here it is, the holy grail. I went back and purchase set 70700 and low and behold inside the instructions was the pictures of all the sets. I've also uploaded tonnes of pictures of the complete set and Minifigures of 70700 and More pictures of the Box art for 70705 so check out my Flickr.

8204803542_6aa98af920.jpg

70700_0003 by Cupishalfempty, on Flickr

We already saw high resolution pictures two pages ago. but thanks anyway.

I sensed a little attitude there... Let's play nice please!

Nope. No attitude. You've jumped the gun sheriff. :hmpf_bad:

Annyhoo. Thank you CupIsHalfEmpty. You are a star. And I :wub: you for taking the time to take these pictures and upload them. Now I'm off to pore over them at my leisure. Goodnight gentlemen. And sheriff.

:excited:

PS: I'm a knight now. Kawaii!!

Edited by Jargo

Why does the green robot remind me of an old school Cylon ? :wink:

The only set I'm interested in is 70701.....cool fighter design. :grin:

Thank you for posting the pics. Looking at the photos I see lots of great colors and some new pieces afaik. There are even printed pieces! Quite a few of them too. TLG has definitely stepped up their game this year. The bugs even have printing on their eyes.

I see a lot of potential for this theme. Lego knows it too. Kids will go nuts for these sets and some will gravitate to certain squads more than others for any number of reasons only known to a child.

Good stuff!

Edited by ETAV8R

Thank you thank you thank you!

The purple canister looks like an egg actually. The Alien Mantis looks a little thin, but the Warp Stinger looks just as awesome as in the comic.

The green robot is slightly disappointing. The red one looks...reasonable, however. The best set, to me, seems to be the Vermin Vaporizer, with it's awesome mech and armored lab. Too bad the green team isn't lime green, I was looking forward to getting a lime ADU helmet. On the vehicles it works well however. And that picture confirms that the orange one has wings.

Edited by DraikNova

The Good guys stuff looks great, The bugs are kind of disappointing,to bad the bugs aren't more like the "Wreck-it Ralph" bugs ,those ones were cool.