Sign in to follow this  
Basiliscus

Website Outage

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but over the last few days, i've had problems multiple times with going from one page to the next or even submitting and a screen that says "Driver error" is shown instead of my destination. It says that it's a problem on the website end. It keeps happening at random times. It doesn't matter if i have just 1 eurobrick tab open or several, eurobrick tabs ONLY or mixed with other sites. While typing this and checking another forum tab, the message appeared again. Here's what it says:

"There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here"

Refreshing doesn't do anything and i have to go to the eurobricks.com on my address bar several times just to get it running again. It can't be the laptop since it's been up and running less then a month, virus scan ran yesterday, hooked up to a new internet box(about the same age as the laptop), and EB was not acting up in anyway with the laptop until less then a week ago.

What's going on here?

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but over the last few days, i've had problems multiple times with going from one page to the next or even submitting and a screen that says "Driver error" is shown instead of my destination. It says that it's a problem on the website end. It keeps happening at random times. It doesn't matter if i have just 1 eurobrick tab open or several, eurobrick tabs ONLY or mixed with other sites. While typing this and checking another forum tab, the message appeared again. Here's what it says:

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

Refreshing doesn't do anything and i have to go to the eurobricks.com on my address bar several times just to get it running again. It can't be the laptop since it's been up and running less then a month, virus scan ran yesterday, hooked up to a new internet box(about the same age as the laptop), and EB was not acting up in anyway with the laptop until less then a week ago.

What's going on here?

I had merged your topic into this discussion.

What's going on here?

That happens to me all the time. For the past week or so, that's been happening 3-4 times a day!

I'm getting those driver database error messages now too. They seem to be intermittent.

I'm getting those driver database error messages now too. They seem to be intermittent.

Yeah me too. And it's driving me crazy

Ta. But annoyingly it's worthless. It does seem to be a memory issue though. We'll have to rummage though the server logs it seems.

Thanks everyone. :sweet:

I'm checking the logs right now:

- VPS Resource logs: no problems reported.

Next are the database and webserver logs.

EDIT: no issues found in the database and webserver logs...

I have an idea for a solution, but first I'll try something else.

Indeed. I've noticed the last couple of days, maybe 3-4 times. Everything is fine, then it hits. After a few minutes, it's fine. The drive error screen gives a link to click to refresh the page, but doesn't do any good...

I keep getting these messages too, but didn't say anything since everyone else is... but I think I found a solution. Since EB has its own icon up on my toolbar, I can just click it, but then the error pops up. So I go to google, search eurobricks, and click on the link to the frontpage, and I can get there, it works around 90% of the time.

I hope the above is clear. :classic:

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

I've noticed that just before I get the error, the site starts slowing down. Page loads will get slower and slower as I navigate and then a few clicks later BAM! the driver error comes up.

Just some more info for the admins. Hope it's helpful.

I keep getting these messages too, but didn't say anything since everyone else is... but I think I found a solution. Since EB has its own icon up on my toolbar, I can just click it, but then the error pops up. So I go to google, search eurobricks, and click on the link to the frontpage, and I can get there, it works around 90% of the time.

I hope the above is clear. :classic:

Unfortunately, didn't work for me. :cry_sad::sceptic:

I've noticed that just before I get the error, the site starts slowing down. Page loads will get slower and slower as I navigate and then a few clicks later BAM! the driver error comes up.

Just some more info for the admins. Hope it's helpful.

Same. Also, it happened again for exactly one minute, from 7:51 PM Pacific Time to 7:52 PM Pacific Time.

If the outages tend to happen at certain times or intervals, could the issue be related to search engine bots?

I have filed a detailed error ticket with our provider. Let's wait and see their feedback.

Holy cow, longest blackout yet--this one lasted at least 20 minutes, it JUST ended at 9:33 PM Pacific time.

They're getting worse... :look:

I wonder if this is somehow linked to what's going down at BionicleZonePower, and it's just that we have better security... :look:

I wonder if this is somehow linked to what's going down at BionicleZonePower, and it's just that we have better security... :look:

A hacker would do a lot worse than just randomly black out EB at times, I think.

A hacker would do a lot worse than just randomly black out EB at times, I think.

You're probably right. I do tend to be overly paranoid about pretty much everything. :blush:

Our provider finished their analysis and pointed to a certain problem area.

We are now investigation into this area with support from the people who make these Invision boards.

Our provider finished their analysis and pointed to a certain problem area.

We are now investigation into this area with support from the people who make these Invision boards.

I've been prepped and am being ever-vigilant! I even learned how to do a command line ... prompt ... action ... pirouette. :look: ... I'm technical! :snicker:

I've been prepped and am being ever-vigilant! I even learned how to do a command line ... prompt ... action ... pirouette. :look: ... I'm technical! :snicker:

You mean a critical pirouette? :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :snicker:

I found the problem! :grin: Now I just have to wait for someone smart to come by an interpret and solve it. :blush:

The output from Hinckley's has been analysed and a modification has been done. Now we need to see if this will help or not. If not, then we'll take more 'traces' and the investigation continues.

Happened again, sometime between 2:30 PM Pacific time and 3:00 PM PAcific time (I didn't watch the clock too closely, sorry. :blush:

Happened again, sometime between 2:30 PM Pacific time and 3:00 PM PAcific time (I didn't watch the clock too closely, sorry. :blush:

I also just got the driver error again, 5:10pm CST, only lasted a minute.

Just happened to me from around to 6:00 pm EST to 7:40 pm EST.

It's still pretty laggy.

Another long one, went from sometime around 4:15 PM Pacific to at least 4:30 PM, possibly a bit later.

EDIT: Yeah, I think we're all talking about the same thing...

It should be noted, EB was REALLY laggy in between the 2:30-3:00 outage and the 4:00-ish outage...

Edited by Flipz