XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I'm doubting that we will see it. It's seeming less and less likely that TLC are going to make Palpy's Arrest, to me, as much as I want it. :cry_sad:

It was the same thing with the 7989 Hoth set last year, the pictures were not out until late spring. Lego and Toys R'US has no incentive to show the set yet, as no one but TRU (and S@H) will be able to sell the set. Most likely we won't see pictures until TRU puts the Lego Star Wars summer sets up on their website, which won't happen in months.

I was in a LEGO Store yesterday and the arms were tan like always. Probably a picture of a wrong prototype.

Yeah, just like the C-3PO back in 2008 with the Death Star.

LEGO's prices are getting more unjustifiable with every year. :hmpf_bad: I'm absolutely in love with the design of the Fury-class interceptor, but it's priced at $90! It looks like a $50 set to me, and that's only because of the unique minifigures. I don't understand why they hiked the prices when the LotR sets, while expensive, at least had a fair price-to-piece ratio. What gives?

I'm absolutely in love with the design of the Fury-class interceptor, but it's priced at $90! It looks like a $50 set to me, and that's only because of the unique minifigures.

If you think that is a $50 pricepoint set, you're just in a fantasy world. Look at FBTB's flickr set. It's actually a fairly large ship, and it has a ton of details. It's also 748 pieces. In an 'ideal world' it would be ten dollars cheaper, but with that amount of pieces and three awesome minifigures with unique molds, the price is right. Anyways, price rants don't belong in this topic.

Oh my gawd! I've just seen that Sith Fury class Interceptor...

Must.... Have.....

DAM this SW Lego addiction :cry_sad:

Edited by Fuppylodders

I heard Last week that it will be released in June (or early summer, I don't remember).

I was down in my Lego store and they hadn't even heard of the set yet. They didn't even have the set number in their data base. The store manager told me that it wouldn't come any time soon if they don't have any data on it yet. His guess was no sooner than autumn - but he couldn't say for sure.

So perhaps even June is optimistic? At least we shouldn't expect any March/April release.

I was down in my Lego store and they hadn't even heard of the set yet. They didn't even have the set number in their data base. The store manager told me that it wouldn't come any time soon if they don't have any data on it yet. His guess was no sooner than autumn - but he couldn't say for sure.

So perhaps even June is optimistic? At least we shouldn't expect any March/April release.

FBTB states it will be released in August

After seeing the new Avengers pics, its a real shame Lego didn't give Padawan Obi-Wan the same hairpiece as Hawkeye. It would have been much better than the classic male hair in orange.

58820.jpg

After seeing the new Avengers pics, its a real shame Lego didn't give Padawan Obi-Wan the same hairpiece as Hawkeye. It would have been much better than the classic male hair in orange.

*Snip*

I agree.

At least it exists.

IMG_5386__scaled_600.jpg

IMG_5387__scaled_600.jpg

Anybody know where I can get quality versions of these drawings?

Got bigger pictures of the Jabba's Palace box?

nope....

Is it time for me to be disappointed now, or is Ree-Yees in the set and did the people of the store decide to ignore him or just to forget he is there?

No single description seems to list Ree-Yees, while his name was still on the box at ToyFair. I'd be disappointed if they dropped him as I want that kind of species in LEGO form. :sceptic:

~ General Magma

Is it time for me to be disappointed now, or is Ree-Yees in the set and did the people of the store decide to ignore him or just to forget he is there?

No single description seems to list Ree-Yees, while his name was still on the box at ToyFair. I'd be disappointed if they dropped him as I want that kind of species in LEGO form. :sceptic:

~ General Magma

He's not on the final box art. I'm sure he's not in it. :sadnew:

He's not on the final box art. I'm sure he's not in it. :sadnew:

The description mentions 9 figures, the box art shows 10 figures... Explain that.

He's either going to be there and they forgot to add him to the description, or they just cancelled him like the tactical droid a few years back.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

The description mentions 9 figures, the box art shows 10 figures... Explain that.

He's either going to be there and they forgot to add him to the description, or they just cancelled him like the tactical droid a few years back.

~ General Magma

The final box art appears to have the carbonite block with Han Solo on it listed as a figure, but its not listed as one of the figures in the description. That would explain the discrepancy.

:wacko:

From left to right, top to down on the box art, Han, Luke, Gammorrean, Chewbacca, Oola, Boussh, Bib, Bo'marr, Jabba, Salacious Crumb.

At least, I think that's Luke. In any case, it's certainly not Ree-Yees.

:wacko:

From left to right, top to down on the box art, Han, Luke, Gammorrean, Chewbacca, Oola, Boussh, Bib, Bo'marr, Jabba, Salacious Crumb.

At least, I think that's Luke. In any case, it's certainly not Ree-Yees.

Luke is in the Desert Skiff, not the Palace.