iamFLIP

MOC: Bachelor's Pad

This is my second attempt to make a Cafe Corner modular building style and also my second MOC.

I only got interested in Lego just half a year or so ago when I was researching toys for my 2 year old son (he is now playing with his Duplo deluxe train set and some Duplo Thomas & Friends sets) .

I never had or played any Lego when I was growing up, however, i'd seen other kids with it and always fascinated on what you can build with these bricks. Fast forward 30 years or so, I saw the Green Grocer at the Lego store and fell in love with it!

This MOC took me couple months at least in coming up with the idea, designing it, and waiting for orders from S@H and Bricklink stores to come in. And with family, full-time job, side jobs, house chores, and playtime with my son, I can only spend short time with this project a day. So, finally, I can consider it done!

Criticisms/suggestions/remarks are all welcome and appreciated.

5471479491_dfbe5f8575_z.jpg

5472072530_e66655789e_z.jpg

5472073288_5de4f7d654_z.jpg

5471481275_36721e64f7_z.jpg

5471480213_2dfec578c2_z.jpg

5471481609_bf43268de1_z.jpg

5472074520_14c7d0c906_z.jpg

5471488913_eb481f532f_z.jpg

5472075078_f0d79e4be3.jpg

5472079014_30a7cb84f0.jpg

5472078636_84c391106a.jpg

5471487107_e5762e19e1.jpg

5471485863_00f98e0c84.jpg

5471488645_8fb64772c5.jpg

More pictures are available in my flickr account:

My first MOC:

Edited by iamFLIP

I think it looks great! The segway has to be my favorite part. I can't believe I haven't seen one before, it's such a simple concept.

The pad looks great too, at first glance, I didn't know why you called it a bachelor pad because it was just a modular building. The individual rooms look great, my favorite is the pool room.

Ok, I can't believe this is only a 2nd MOC ~ever~. The diversity of pieces used to create your furniture effects is so beyond beginner builds. The sofa is great, I haven't seen that done before w the curved slopes... I'll surely copy those! And the running machine, bed spread, and ohters!

Handcuffs on the bed - Classic batchelor pad accessory!

Very good model - Would love to have that in my city!

Great looking modular pad iamFLIP! :thumbup: The details inside are fantastic, gotta love that handcuffs in the bed detail. :tongue: Nice exterior color scheme, though I think the upper level walls could still be improved with a bit of surface texture variation.

I'm diggin' that veranda. Excellent way of making use of wall space. The furniture has economical, compact designs without lacking in any detail whatsoever. Great execution considering the given amount of space on the inside.

Wow, what a great job! The detail is awesome and there's so much to look at. The outer facade is nice too, doesn't look out of place with the GE. Again, nice work

lol at the cuffs and whip. I didn't see them at first but then read the above comments and went to look again. haha

Very nice MOC. :thumbup:

That is a great building with a fantastic interior. :thumbup:

The only thing that looks out of place to me is the white facade. I think changing the outer windows to the same style as the windows on the top floor (i.e. with arches) would make the facade more belonging together.

But it has to be said, for a second build ever this is brilliant. Can't wait to see your third building. :wink:

AWESOME just AWESOME 'iamFLIP', but you forgot the mirrors on the ceiling in the bedroom ! :devil:

Now this is what you really call a bachelor's pad, roof top spa, pool table with fully stocked bar.....oh, man....he has it made.

And this is only your second MOC....man, what is your third going to be ! :grin:

Brick On 'iamFLIP' ! :grin:

Wow, great MOC! Beautiful building and I love the furniture!

It's right by the Grand Emporium, huh? This place is like the perfect chick magnet, LOL! :thumbup:

Great work - especially, as everybody else has said, for a second MOC!

I'm not too keen on the exterior, but I can't quite pinpoint what I'd do differently. The interior, however, is amazing. I'm very fond of making detailed interiors myself, and I love all the furniture you've come up with. I think the ground floor is my favourite. Great job!

First of all, thank you all for all your suggestions, remarks, comments, and criticisms. I really appreciate you all spending some time checking out my MOC and posting messages... makes me wanna start my next MOC right away. ;-)

I am glad to know that a lot of you love the handcuffs! I was grinning the whole time when I was working on that bed -- I made sure I have something to latch on that so I came up with that headboard.

I also had an idea to include a sports car, but then I would have needed to make a garage and get rid of the play room. I guess the bachelor can just park it outside.

The segway has to be my favorite part. I can't believe I haven't seen one before, it's such a simple concept.

It's been done before but with different pieces.

Ok, I can't believe this is only a 2nd MOC ~ever~. The diversity of pieces used to create your furniture effects is so beyond beginner builds. The sofa is great, I haven't seen that done before w the curved slopes... I'll surely copy those! And the running machine, bed spread, and ohters!

I'd built a lot of the Star Wars sets before actually getting and building GE which is my first modular set. I also have the Green Grocer and Fire Bridage but those are still in sealed boxes and currently trying to complete the parts for the Cafe Corner. For inspirations, I look at alot of MOCs out there and imagine how I can make something with different pieces that is available for me. Like the running machine/treadmill, someone made a MOC with different pieces just a few weeks ago.

The furniture has economical, compact designs without lacking in any detail whatsoever. Great execution considering the given amount of space on the inside.

Yes, the hardest part is trying to come up with furnitures and appliances for the limited interior space. On the exterior, this pad is almost as big as the mall next door, this could have been an apartment or a duplex. But the interior is as small as a house. I could have renamed it as "Bachelor's Mansion" but stick with the original one.

...you forgot the mirrors on the ceiling in the bedroom ! :devil:

I know. ;-) But is there a mirror piece out there?

Awesome MOC :thumbup: Love the interior! Especially the entertainment :classic:

I was actually surprised on how that (entertainment system) turned out. I was planning to create a home theater room (with recliner chairs and pocorn machine) but didn't have any space after I decide to make the playroom.

I'm not too keen on the exterior, but I can't quite pinpoint what I'd do differently. The interior, however, is amazing. I'm very fond of making detailed interiors myself, and I love all the furniture you've come up with. I think the ground floor is my favourite. Great job!

For the exterior, after seeing alot of MOCs with tons of details out there, I decided to make it simple to be a bit different. And for the interiors, I probably will not consider my MOC complete if the interior is not done at all. I spent countless hours trying to fit the furnitures/appliances different ways and switching the rooms in different floors to come up with a good layout.

WOW! So many details, too many to name. Well here are a few of my Favs

1. Love the entire bathroom

2. Handcufs and whip....very funny

3. treadmill and dart board look great

4. love the storm trooper helmet and trophies

Welcome iamFLIP!

You have created a beautiful MOC. From the facade to the interior, everything looks great. The color combination in the exterior is very appropriate. The pool table is great, and the handcuffs detail is hilarious.

I'm a conformist!.

wow I love the detail in all of this, but this guy must be RICH! that thing is huge!!!