Sign in to follow this  
def

Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum - The Conclusion

What did you think of the game? (choose as many as you like)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. I liked this stuff:

2. 2. I didn't like this stuff: (of course, you should explain)

• 48-hour days
    • 24-hour nights
    • No minimum lynch vote number
    • The PR role
    • No waiting to lynch
    • Proxy voting
    • Dr. Blutziegel
    • Henry
    • Nothing

You also thought that Dwaggy and Hinck could have been Siblings, since Dragonator was hesitant in killing Hinckley. That's a role (among the bazillion others), that I didn't know, and found it interesting.

Er, yes... :blush: Actually I was kinda hoping that was true, because it (presumably) meant Hinck would've won with us.

They'll always be Dwaggy and Hinckle now! :laugh:

Er, yes... :blush: Actually I was kinda hoping that was true, because it (presumably) meant Hinck would've won with us.

Yes, instead I'm just the loyal dog who thinks he's going to the beach, only to end up with the final needle at the vet. :sceptic: Yippee? :look:

Yes, instead I'm just the loyal dog who thinks he's going to the beach, only to end up with the final needle at the vet. :sceptic: Yippee? :look:

At least we let you live until the end. :grin:

Sandy - Mostly played smart, not killing every night, but probably shouldn't have lied to say she was the vigilante.

I actually didn't. I considered it, like I told you, but ultimately I just blurted out my true role as the Serial Killer to Hinckley. In the end it didn't matter, I would've been dead either way. I should've just kept my mouth shut and keep on killing people in solitude. I would've won unless the Sinisters would've killed me (since the real vigilante would've run out of bullets), since I don't think anybody could've find an excuse to vote me off.

iamded - Should have been honorary mafia, killing townies.

Every time, without fail, if I am given a killing role and am on town, I will kill members of my own team. I don't know why hosts keep giving me that role... :grin:

I hope Dragonator plays too. He sent me some good ideas for mafia roles. I think Dragonator shall have the Spontaneous Combustion action. Or he can be the tree. Can't move, walk, talk, see, nothing. He can just sit there and do nothing. His night action is losing.

Love it! :laugh:

I actually didn't. I considered it, like I told you, but ultimately I just blurted out my true role as the Serial Killer to Hinckley.

That was really just poor timing. We were all rather paranoid at that point, and any kill that wasn't town was a good kill. Actually I think coming clean at any time would have been poor timing. So perhaps it would have been best to go about your business...

I know how hard it can be when you're kept in the dark and want to know things though.

If I remember right, Hinckley pushed for Sandy's death when she announced she was targetting BobtCM, our Doctor, instead of whoever else they had agreed upon. He freaked out about that. It was pretty funny, actually. :laugh:

In a sick, twisted sort of way. :look:

If I remember right, Hinckley pushed for Sandy's death when she announced she was targetting BobtCM, our Doctor, instead of whoever else they had agreed upon. He freaked out about that. It was pretty funny, actually. :laugh:

In a sick, twisted sort of way. :look:

Well, I went to post in the "Secret Garden Club" conversation what she had told me, but there were so many similarly named conversations I accidentaly told her what she had told me. So, it was kind of obvious it was bad news for her. I assumed she could tell since I was telling her what she confessed to me and asking her what the hell we were going to do about it. If I was her I would've gone after me that night.

I believe several of us posted:

"Shoot Sandy"

We were all pretty confused and scrambling at that point. I assumed she was a double agent. She's been way too covert and smart in other games. I figured it was the Sinister's attempt to infiltrate our gang. :look: Oh no, not an outsider! We have enough Sinister inside already! Thanks anyway. :hmpf:

:blush:

Games seem to be running shorter here on EB and the scum having been winning lately... :look: Why is that?

Like def said, it's because we have too few pro-active town players, usually. Not that that was a problem here. default_blink.gif

Or he can be the tree. Can't move, walk, talk, see, nothing. He can just sit there and do nothing. His night action is losing.

*Cough*

Would it also have worked if I had included people who didn't vote for the convicted? (All I did was restrict the list of people who voted for the convicted.)

You could have sent whatever names you wanted.

One rule that didn't come into play, but I hoped it would, is this:

10. I will be using two voices in the game, the game runner and Dr. Blutziegel. The game runner's rules will always hold true, and be written in plain text. Questions about game rules should be addressed with me via PM or the discussion thread. Hospital rules may be asked in thread to Dr. Blutziegel. Blutziegel will speak in green. Dr. Blutziegel has a low tolerance for inane patient questions.

Anything Blutziegel said was irrelevant. He was a crazy, useless doctor.

In games, whenever people break the spirit of the rules, the rationale is always, "I read the rules, it didn't say I couldn't." In this case, I distinctly said, my rules as a mod were true, and ignored mentioning Blutziegel.

So, when Blutziegel told all those early people in the Garden not to talk about it, it was BS. And a number of people asked me if they could mention it in thread, and some apologized for it. But Blutziegel didn't care. Likewise, the PR role, sending the names, was done in Blutziegel's voice, and ideally the PR would strategize about who would get the riddles.

In the original game I played with that sort of role, the character was the mayor, I think. That person had the ability to count the votes for the host, and could submit any votes they wanted, publicly, at their discretion, but they would definitely get killed by pissed off players at night for doing it. I thought this PR role balanced things better. It was a minor night action, giving a slight bonus to the holder and their team.

I hope Dragonator plays too. He sent me some good ideas for mafia roles. I think Dragonator shall have the Spontaneous Combustion action. Or he can be the tree. Can't move, walk, talk, see, nothing. He can just sit there and do nothing. His night action is losing.

:wub:

I love that role. :laugh:

I loved all the little quirks in this game like the PR, def. Really neat additions, it was awesome to play in something completely different from anything we've ever had on EB before. I like that. :grin:

Yeah it wasnt the best idea to show the photos to the whole world! :laugh:

Next time I have an ability like that, I will keep it on the downlow.

A superb game it was indeed! ) :thumbup:

I really enjoyed it a lot. The plot was pretty interesting and reminded me much of Arkham! (Now I can say that! :laugh: ) The game was interesting to follow and I myst say that the pictures and the visualisation were up to the highest level. Perhaps one of the best mafia games seen on EB yet. Thanks a lot for that, def! ) :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

You could have sent whatever names you wanted.

I didn't risk it and only picked from the votes for the convicted.

Anything Blutziegel said was irrelevant. He was a crazy, useless doctor.

I got that in the back of my head all the time. You were so explicit about it in the rules. I thought it went further though, that Dr. B was playing the game in one way or another. I overemphasized it, I guess.

Thanks for the game Def! It was really made exceptionally well. The writing, pictures and new game elements tied together really nicely. :thumbup:

As for my game I did play poorly, changing my vote was the worse decision I made. Then I was called on it. I only voted for Big Cam cause he voted for me and it kept it even. Nothing sinister about it. But When they unvoted me, I was asleep and couldnt do anything about it so, well he died on my sleepiness. I didnt suspect him but I just though JB was a better choice for PR. Then when he showed up just insane I thought I was a goner. Fortunately bigger news overshadowed me, but I wasnt really accepted by anyone from then. I was always "that guy". Then I asked some really noob questions to Hinckley in PM. Im not a noob at mafia games really, but this game I played stupidly. :wacko:

Though I must admit my death was timely though as I was just about to go on vacation. I thought I could manage playing and not sit around doing nothing. But I hardly went on EB because it was difficult so I wouldve probably been substituted or possibly killed. I kind of felt bad playing though as Def said if you are going on vacation its unwise to sign up. But I talked to Def and he said he did want me to play so I signed up.

My character description:

s-chef.jpg

You are Cookie Custer - At one time, Custer was one of the top chefs in the world, but his exacting skill was apparently a symptom of a deep obsessive compulsive disorder. At the time of being institutionalized, he hadn't left his house in two months, and had lost roughly 20% of his body weight due to lack of nutrition. Harmless but compulsive.

You are a member of The Insane. You're a good guy, and it's your duty to root out the evil Sinister Insanes from the Asylum. You win when they are all dead. You are simply Insane, no abilities. But, worry not, there is always room to change in this game.

Please sign in here

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49983

Thanks again for the part Def, it was a superb game! One of the best ive been in :thumbup:

Since this is bumped, I have a fun trivia fact to share.

I never once voted for a convicted innocent. I know this, because I never got a clue from Henry.

Also, I made Pendleton quote, incorrectly, songs as a character trait. I later realized the songs he was quoting, which are current popular American songs, were not written at the time the game took place. But I continued, because they were all crazy anyway, so why shouldn't he have had flashes from the future?

If we're sharing fun trivia, let me tell you that all the Spanish spoken by Canny Bolero was probably nonsensical, as I simply used babelfish to translate from English to Spanish. :laugh: I had fun with it though. :grin:

Actually, the pretense for getting riddles from Henry that could be solved for hints was voting with the group, but any names the PR sent would get them.

And, for the record, two Insane solved riddles, one indie solved one, and two Sinister solved them. Sorry you got left out. I had as much fun writing Henry as I did Dr. B, maybe more, since Henry was a snide prick. :laugh: Dr. B was too neurotic.

I think originally, the story was that Dr. B had killed his dad, and his ghost lived in the garden. Maybe that's what really happened :wacko:

Sign in to follow this