Also listed in the UK as available April 1st, GBP 91.99 (limit 5 per customer)

The highly-realistic Maersk diesel-electric freight train has arrived!

A replica of the real engine that operated on the railroads of America, this Maersk train features exceptional detailing and functions, such as opening driver's cab, removable side panel revealing a detailed, 16-cylinder engine, and authentic Maersk branding. The model also includes 2 wagons and 3 containers with opening doors (1 with refrigeration detailing). The set also includes a shunter truck and detachable trailer for loading and offloading the containers. Add LEGO® Power Functions to motorize!

• Containers can be loaded side-by-side or stacked!
  • Includes 3 workman minifigures!
  • Train measures 36"" (92cm) long!
  • Building instructions include a historical description of the LEGO Group/A.P. Moller Maersk Group cooperation and a timeline of the products launched!
  • Motorize your Maersk train by adding LEGO Power Functions #8878 Rechargeable Battery Box, #8887 Transformer 10V DC, #8884 IR Receiver, #8879 IR Speed Remote Control and #88002 Train Motor!

Sounds great, very much looking forward to having this set in my hands. The addition of both the historical description and the product timeline is a nice touch.

$200 AUD, up 25% on the Emerald Night. Still going to buy one.

EN was $200 NZD in New Zealand so I hope 10219 is the same price as the EN :cry_sad:

Oh, man, I can't wait! So we are certainly getting the new PF motor brick separately? Any word on US pricing for that part? And the same for the compact AAA battery box?

how odd, I cannot see it on the lego site at all. Well at least april is just around the corner.

I saw it (available to Portugal at 109€) and added it to my wishlist. It still appears on my wishlist, but as not available and when I click on the link appears the page for nonexisting items...

This is sweet now that we know the release date.

I hope it's released stateside the same day cause it right around my birthday! :sweet:

I can't wait to see the detailed engine described in the descirption. I'm gonna guess it's removable to allow the PF, just like the firebox in EN.

The instruction booket sounds nice too. :grin:

Also listed in the UK as available April 1st, GBP 91.99 (limit 5 per customer)

April the 1st Hmmmm, I hope that is for real and the price too!.

$200 AUD, up 25% on the Emerald Night. Still going to buy one.

So will I but I'll be doing everything I can to avoid buying it in Australia unless I can get it on sale.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Link doesn't work!

They removed it?

Any official info and pics??

Yes, the info was removed but you can find it here. I tried to get them but the official pictures wouldn't show up for me.

First we got the Emerald Night and now we're getting 10219. I'm wondering how much time will pass till we get a fabulous train building. I mean I really love 10219 and I want it as much as I wanted the Emerald Night. However, I'm longing for a nice train building.

Crappy video filmed by me today at the world premier of 10219 at LegoWorld 2011 Copenhagen:

and

gallery_148_100_6002.jpg

and one happy bastard at the staff&some evening auction (before the bidding began!):

gallery_148_100_58282.jpg

That's awesome! I love the many 1x2 garage door bricks as detailing. Looks great! The price is okay too. BTW, CopMike, thanks for sharing those pics. Is that you BTW? I can't tell as I haven't seen a pic of you that ecstatic :tongue:

From FBTB:

Unveiled moments ago at LEGO World is the next LEGO Shop@Home Exclusive: 10219 Maersk Train. Weighing in at 1,234 pieces, it’ll cost you US $119.99/CA $159.99/DE 119.99 €/UK 91.99 £ when it hits LEGO Shop@Home’s website and retails stores beginning April 1, 2011. Full details and more pictures below:

The highly-realistic Maersk diesel-electric freight train has arrived! A replica of the real engine that operated on the railroads of America, this Maersk train features exceptional detailing and functions, such as opening driver’s cab, removable side panel revealing a detailed, 16-cylinder engine, and authentic Maersk branding. The model also includes 2 wagons and 3 containers with opening doors (1 with refrigeration detailing). The set also includes a shunter truck and detachable trailer for loading and offloading the containers. Add LEGO® Power Functions accessories to motorize!

• Includes 3 workman minifigures!

• Train measures 36″ (92cm) long!

• Building instructions include a historical description of the LEGO Group/A.P. Moller Maersk Group cooperation and a timeline of the products launched!

• Containers can be loaded side-by-side or stacked!

• Motorize your Maersk train by adding LEGO Power Functions 8878 Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box, #8887 Transformer 10V DC, #8884 Power Functions IR Receiver, 8879 Power Functions IR Speed Remote Control and 88002 Power Functions Train Motor!

Edited by prateek

Crappy video filmed by me today at the world premier of 10219 at LegoWorld 2011 Copenhagen.

Are my eyes deceiving me or does it have a 9V motor in that video? It looks like a good old 9V motor, which has been put under the back part of the locomotive. The engine has metal wheels there.

Edited by legotrainfan

Are my eyes deceiving me or does it have a 9V motor in that video? It looks like a good old 9V motor, which has been put under the back part of the locomotive. The engine has metal wheels there.

Could be, don´t remember now. They ran it on a large train display which could be a 9-volt set-up. Then they just MOC´ed it for 9V for the display. It´s the new system that this set is made up for.

It does indeed appear to be a 9v motor. They probably just put it on so that it can run on the layout all day without worrying about battery life. It is, after all, much easier to add than PF.

Personally I'll be buying two sets, and affixing a 9v motor to one of the units. :) Double headed with only 4 cars is a bit unrealistic, but its all that I have room for!

Price info ++ for many countries.

http://www.byggepladen.dk/oirae7ntv10219.asp

I am very disappointed in the Canadian pricing. Even with the Canadian dollar higher than the American we are getting a higher markup than they gave us on the Maersk Container ship ($119 US, $139 Cnd).

Yet for the train is is still $119 US, but $159 Cnd. I really hope that is a typo in the release.

I will be buying two of them regardless, but may have to look into sourcing them from the US.