KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Lets not get started on that again... :sceptic:

don't worry i was compensated/paid off :sceptic:

As for the Executor, hmmm i would have preffered a UCS Cloud car, Tie Bomber, Probe droid & Pod, Wampa, tauntaun sculpt + many more, it looks nice but just too big to display. A smaller more detailed model would have sold better and looked better imo.

Edited by cavegod

Well, Lasse Deleuran made an UCS Executor back in 2003, which actually HAS only tubes on his underbelly.

Sorry to spoil your fun, Anio, but since you are complaining because TLG "used" your model, Lesse could come here and complain that you stole his. After all, you could have just modified his concept and reversed the studs.

hey, you even made it triangular! Ohmygod, it's the same thing!!

Edited by kamigawa

LEGO has the license on Starwars brick-built models. They can't possibly steal the idea to make a executor set from you, because they already own the idea.

Could you please post the link to lego's cache?

The image looks like a photoshopped pic of the MOC UCS Executor that was shown some time ago on the net.

Please understand that I'm not saiyng you are a liar: it's just that such a set would just be like Jabba's palace or a new Cloud City. It seems just that little bit too much "right-on-the-spot", if you know what I mean.

Whenever you have seen the image in eurobricks, it it self was hosted at cache.lego.com. You can try right clicking on the image of the set and find a link to properties, "view image info" or something like that. It will show you a popup that will say where the image is hosted.

But if you want it fast:

http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/prod/10221-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

If you really want to be skeptical, there is always the possibility someone hacked in a MoC in there for some reason or that TLG is kidding us. I am not really sure actually.

Edited by vexorian

Due to the angle of those plates it seems to me to be a fairly obvious way to build a star destroyer. They did it with their ISD, they did it with the mini ISD, and they're doing it with the Executor.

The only other blatantly obvious similarity I see is the design of the bases. Again though, it makes sense that there would be two, to support the weight of the model, and they do fit with Lego's previous UCS stand designs.

LEGO has the license on Starwars brick-built models. They can't possibly steal the idea to make a executor set from you, because they already own the idea.

Whenever you have seen the image in eurobricks, it it self was hosted at cache.lego.com. You can try right clicking on the image of the set and find a link to properties, "view image info" or something like that. It will show you a popup that will say where the image is hosted.

But if you want it fast:

http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/prod/10221-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

If you really want to be skeptical, there is always the possibility someone hacked in a MoC in there for some reason or that TLG is kidding us. I am not really sure actually.

? I've already apologized many posts ago after seeing the cache.lego link.

Hi,

Don't want to be pretentious (well, a little bit, ok :tongue: ), but with that only pic, I'm pretty proud to see that my Executor looks better, by far. :p

I'm curious to see how the rear side will be executed.

Thanks for the pics anyway.

Actually, I like this one better. Quit being so pompous, self promotion like that makes me :hmpf:

Sorry for not editing my precedent message.

But from what I can see with that first pic, it is absolutely certain that the bottomm wing have tubes outside (looks, studs are on the up side, with many 2x2 tiles).

10221-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

How hell is it possible to fail a design like that ??

Hope they will fix that. :-S

If not, I fly to Danmark to teach them. :p

:hmpf:

With a small calculation, I found that the model should be 122cm long (mine is 124 ; they built it in the same way).

The mini ISD is not very cute.

At this size, a "brick" built model (I mean without hinged wing) would have been a smarter choice.

I really feel ripped off. :sceptic:

Hey, be patient. :wink:

In the next few months, be sure that Lego will produce a brand new UCS Venator ! steal the design of Thire5 and Atix Naid for a Venator. haha.gif

Shame on Lego.

They are tons of way to design a model.

I have enough experience and skills in MOCing to know that. On the other hand, there are many irrelevant choices on that 10221.

And I could write a very big post to proove my point on that new set. So could have make Cavegod with the 10215.

The only big difference between the 2 models is indeed that my wings are made with 2 pieces, whereas 10221 has 1 piece. Kudos to TLG for that. :thumbup:

The tubes outside is one of the irrelevant things I was thinking to.

I'm not sure if you would say the same thing if you had worked more than 250 hours on a model. :wink:

I'm sure that if Dmac had built his Shuttle in the end of 2009 or the the beginning of 2010, TLG would have say "Hey, c'mon, it is just a coincidence".

I am fairly certain TLG designed the majority of this on their own borrowing from the design of the UCS ISD.

Yeah, the plate choices, interior structure, are obvious choices. Also the greebling here is wayyyyy different. I'd suggest you edit that out of signature. Why don't you go start your own thread for that somewhere, and stop hijacking this one.

Ok, ok, you are all right. :thumbup:

Back to topic now.

edit : Dobbyclone, I did'nt expect a cleverer message from you ! :grin:

Edited by Anio

Where did this come from? Never heard of any rumours

Not very detailed for UCS, looks more like the system ISD...

Stick a few tiles over a triangle frame and charge several hundred...

Was even one new fig so much to ask?

Are so eager to have a new figure in a 400+ euros set just to have it on Bricklink for 100 euros each till the end of time?

Thank God they didn't add any new minifigs, or we would have rant threads about it for years (and I would agree with them , even though I don't collect minifigs and never will).

Edited by kamigawa

Uh… do new Dengar and possibly new Imperial Officer not count as new figs to you? It could be an actual-name officer this time, there's no way to know until the information comes out. Dengar is definitely a complete redo, though. Who did you want to see, 4-Lom or Zuckuss?

There's never been a more appropriate situation for LEGO_facepalm.gif

Please tell me I'm not the only one who realized he was kidding.

LEGO_facepalm.gif indeed... :tongue:

Anyways, this set looks great - let's just hope that it doesn't really cost 400 bucks.

IG-88 is in a new colour: Dark-Pearl-Silver (or something like that). On the Series 3 CM Space Villain its the colour of his gun, robo-arm and peg leg.

Dengar will most likely be new, it already looks as though he has a new head-dress. But I'm more in it for the ship itself, it sure is a beaut!

Ah, they are up to their old tricks again.....lucky I saved the image on my computer last night. :wink:

How cheeky are Lego, quickly pop a picture in then out, but set the internet a blaze with talk about it ?

Keep on talking about it ! :laugh:

Wow, that is amazing, the set looks great, the only problem is, I won't have any room to put it. Won't stop me buying one.

Does anyone know when its coming out? My birthday is in November, and I have an idea about what i'd like to get :wub:

It could be an actual-name officer this time, there's no way to know until the information comes out.

I'd guess it was Piett, given the presence of the bounty hunters and the fact that he's probably better known than Ozzel. Then again, there's the case Zev Senesca...

That's impressive... most impressive. I'm tempted to get this one, even without all the cash from spending money on the other sets. Does this wet our OT appetite?

Tommorow

No its not :laugh:

I hate you. :tongue: , you had me there, I guess I am too gullable.

Hey, be patient. :wink:

In the next few months, be sure that Lego will produce a brand new UCS Venator ! steal the design of Thire5 and Atix Naid for a Venator. haha.gif

At least when they steal the design you can.... Infact I can't think of a positive. :laugh:

Does this wet our OT appetite?

Definitely. Now I want even more to see Jabba's Palace and Cloud City. :sweet:

Interesting. I'm not much for UCS sets myself, but it's a nice display piece.

Dengar seems to have a new head wrap, but I have no idea what the piece itself actually is. Is the wrap a new mould altogether?

Interesting. I'm not much for UCS sets myself, but it's a nice display piece.

Dengar seems to have a new head wrap, but I have no idea what the piece itself actually is. Is the wrap a new mould altogether?

Count me in for one.

I'm pretty certain this will be a big seller with those Star Wars fans who aren't traditionally Lego customers.

Edited by mrfootball

Ha,

I was right...(-;

I heard about this set a few weeks ago for the first time, and in the last days several times so I decided to post here.... and our dream seems to come true!

Love that set!!

But I would also love to see:

8,000 pieces set AT-AT

Really big Jabbas Palace with tons of minifigures

New really big Cloud City

Lets hope we will see some more sets this year!