Bonaparte

Major board upgrade

I agree, They should be bolder default_classic.gif

Looks fine to me. Even when viewing the site fully zoomed out on my iPod, I can tell which topics I've posted in.

The topic icons are staying the way they are for a while. Thanks for all of the feedback.

The topic icons are staying the way they are for a while. Thanks for all of the feedback.

They look pretty good, the 3d perspective looks cooler than the 2d perspective did before. But I do prefer the round plates, I thought they looked excellent nicely rendered, especially with the stacking and the opaque/trans variation. Bring 'em back sometime!

They look pretty good, the 3d perspective looks cooler than the 2d perspective did before. But I do prefer the round plates, I thought they looked excellent nicely rendered, especially with the stacking and the opaque/trans variation. Bring 'em back sometime!

Thanks. I liked those too. But, I think most people are used to this concept. I appreciate your feedback. Maybe we'll use those in my Town Forum. :sweet:

I like the newer ones better, too! More up to date and more like those we are used to. But I started getting used to the round plates anyway... Heja Hinckley :thumbup:

Thanks. I liked those too. But, I think most people are used to this concept. I appreciate your feedback. Maybe we'll use those in my Town Forum. :sweet:

I was pretty used to the holed studs representing topics I've posted in. Nice middle ground.

I was pretty used to the holed studs representing topics I've posted in. Nice middle ground.

Thank you. :sweet:

Very good result. :thumbup: I too think that the 1x1 brick with the hole works a lot better. There are times that you just want to take a quick look at the boards for various reasons (lack of time, at work etc) and the new one does the job. Scrolling down the page fast (for the mentioned reasons) isn't a problem now because the hole contrasts with the other colors and it's very easily detectable.

Great job Hinck! :thumbup:

Very good result. :thumbup: I too think that the 1x1 brick with the hole works a lot better. There are times that you just want to take a quick look at the boards for various reasons (lack of time, at work etc) and the new one does the job. Scrolling down the page fast (for the mentioned reasons) isn't a problem now because the hole contrasts with the other colors and it's very easily detectable.

Great job Hinck! :thumbup:

Thanks Mr. Z! :sweet:

Is there any chance of giving us an option to stay on a theme permanently instead of always changing it, you guys change themes my times than my last ex changed her knickers.

Or make it easy to change themes, I can't remember how to go back to having the SW theme.

I'll add in my praise for the news icons! I know I would've gotten used to them, but the circular plates were confusing at first, especially for quickly browsing. I liked the old ones too, but these ones have a more LEGO feel, and are a fresh change.

On another note, it's great to see you around here more often, Hinck, even if it is for the icons.

Is there any chance of giving us an option to stay on a theme permanently instead of always changing it, you guys change themes my times than my last ex changed her knickers.

Or make it easy to change themes, I can't remember how to go back to having the SW theme.

Normally we could choose the skin we want in the dropdown box in the lower left corner of the page (just above the Sponsored Links), but for some reason I think it was disabled (?) as the only choice is "English (USA)" (just checked now).

Liking the new banner. :classic:

And I too am missing the dropdown box to change themes, but I assume the admins are making changes to the board at the same time as the banner and it'll get sorted out soon.

Awesome Halloween theme, I'm really starting to like the new theme every few months, its keeps things fresh.

Why did you guys have to remove the scheme changer? Is it really that big of a deal? :sceptic: I have a hard time reading sites with dark schemes. I really liked the feature and didn't have to worry about this problem. :sadnew:

Is it really that big of a deal? :sceptic:

Is it really that big of a deal? We work hard on the graphics and I personally want people to see the designs. We have a different skin for each forum and I enjoy making them. Perhaps I'm being overly selfish by wanting people to see them. We have to mess with the software to make certain ones selectable and we're discussing what to do. Feedback is appreciated but try not to be too exasperated when you can't see your favorite skin on every board. We will listen to feedback and make what changes we feel necessary. Thanks.

Its not like there is only a couple of people will see the theme, we just want a choice, I mean yeah someone puts allot of work into (someone colour blind to have orange and black) and its nice, but some of us like a theme and want to stick to it, I mean you guys change themes like once a month, its a bit over the top.

I mean you guys change themes like once a month, its a bit over the top.

Not normally; three months+ is more common. It's just the timing; Theme month -> Halloween (which we missed last year :blush: ) -> End of Halloween. It'll probably be the same for a while then.

Its not like there is only a couple of people will see the theme, we just want a choice, I mean yeah someone puts allot of work into (someone colour blind to have orange and black) and its nice, but some of us like a theme and want to stick to it, I mean you guys change themes like once a month, its a bit over the top.

We change with the seasons and our theme months and that only affects a couple of forums...