WesternOutlaw

New Ideas for Pirate LEGO Sets

If Lego re-releases or makes a new series of pirates, what do you think they should make?  

265 members have voted

1. 1. If Lego re-releases or makes a new series of pirates, what do you think they should make?

• Pirates of the Caribbean license and theme
    • A new very accurate/detailed pirate ship (mini-fig scale)
    • Imperial Armada army (large fig set)
    • A port/seaside town or village (houses, shops, docks)
    • A new pirate island (cove, cliffs, and caves)
    • Re-release/Legend - Eldorado Fortress (6276)
    • Re-release/Legend - Imperial Trading post (6277)
    • Re-release/Legend - Other favorite Pirate set
    • Forget Pirates! Been there, done that!
    • Other NEW Pirate set never released

Lego could make a fortune re releasing BSB *wub* and IMTP *sweet* on shop at home or stores. Like that castle they re-released.

The LEGO Group did re-release the Black Seas Barracuda in 2002. I'm not sure how well it sold but I never saw any advertising for it and consequentially wasn't aware of it's re-release well into 2003.

The conversation started around the MOC of the Admiral Benbow reminded me of an idea I had a couple years ago for a good way to reintroduce Pirate sets (should LEGO choose to go that route): "historical" and literary sets. There could obviously be many problems with such a "theme", but it could have some good usage at least for a year or two.

Consider sets based around Treasure Island, Peter Pan, famous historical pirates (Blackbeard, Henry Morgan, Black Bart Roberts, Calico Jack Rackham), historical forts (Saint Augustine's Castillo de san Marcos)...

This would solve a few problems inherent with other theme ideas.

The best way to determine/generate interest in Pirates would be through Impulse sets (maybe why LEGO brought that kind of thing back?).

How does all this sound to you guys?

I think the biggest problem for us here on EB is that what we want (as AFOL's) isnt allways what siuts the kids(and the parents economy ) best. For me to buy a large ship of the line or a BIG fort with 20cannons and 50minifigs isnt the same as it would be for a kid. So if TLG will send out Pirate lego they must decide

1: do we want to make sets only for the kids or

2 do we also want to make big expencive sets for ALFOLS as well.

But please lets have the Pirates back. the theme isnt completed yet. the imperial armada has only two sets and we need more houses and harbors in the other end of the theme.

Good night :)

Thunder

I'd like to see a seaside town, port etc. but it has to be done with a good taste. Definitely NO to licence stuff.

I voted for seaside town cause it would be something very very original and completely new in the theme.

Imagine couple of workshops, ( sabres/ muskets ) and a tavern by the beach, couple boats anchored by the jetty, with mosaic of its people and two soldiers/marines on patrol.

But I would also love to see a big SOLDIERS' ship, perhaps with some PIRATES thing included too.

The small one ( Caribbean Clipper ) was my first or second Pirate set and it was the only one containg SOLDIERS' marines. There should be more sets with them.

Seeing similar IMPERIAL GUARDS' marines would be great too...

Since I'm building a mini-fig scale ship myself I voted for that one here.

But i want all of the things on this list except for the POTC stuff and the been there done that.

especially large mini-fig sets. Then my crew would count 250 souls in no time. :-P

I would like to see a POTC series but I think Megablocks took that already. The most detailed pirate set in my mind would be the Black Seas Barracuda and even that could be improved a lot. Anyway. Good Poll! *y* *sweet*

Maybe a "Masterpeice" series of pirates, similar to that of the Star Wars ones? We get expensive, scaled to minifigure models that are historically accurate! Sorta like that awesome Millenium Falcon set.

Failing that, we need moar ports and civies.

If Lego were cruel enough to tease us with just one more lego pirate set... then I'd love one more big pirate ship, one to perhaps eclipse the awesomeness of the BSB and SES. I do believe Lego could pull it off if they tried. I personally would like to see it used by one of millitary groups (could you imagine a massive Spanish Galleon....ooh yeah)

The Pirate Island could be awesome if it was given a lot of time and effort, and I guess money too it as well. Perhaps have a clifface with secret caves only accessible by water, which leads to their treasue (a bit POTC I know) and if they really wanted to spoil us, a small ship akin to the Renegade Runner (Is that what it's called? The small one cannon pirate ship that isn't the Cross Bone Clipper)

In saying that, if they released a new pirate series, I'd be happy with what they gave us, but if they could only release one, it'd be one of those two

Since voting has the same effect as posting in this thread, and someone just voted, moving it to the front again, I don't feel too awful for posting in it after so long.

That said... for all of you who had great ideas for a future return to the Pirates line, why not show LEGO exactly what you want by entering ...

apirateslife8b.jpg

I can tell you, they do look at all of the major LEGO sites, and when it comes to Pirates, we're clearly the one, so what you say and do here could have an impact on any future plans. Make your voice heard!

Power to the People On! *y*

Any of these would indeed be fantastic. An accurate minifig scaled ship is what I would want, but I don’t think many people would be able to afford it, especially for children.

They can’t just give us something to raid, plunder and pillage for Lego can’t assume everyone already has ships. Thus, they would have to make at least one ship to complete the theme.

Consider sets based around Treasure Island, Peter Pan, famous historical pirates (Blackbeard, Henry Morgan, Black Bart Roberts, Calico Jack Rackham), historical forts (Saint Augustine's Castillo de san Marcos)...

I think any of these would be great as long as they aren’t <insert that tiresome argument>.

Although I am hoping in the near future they will come out with something piratey, I am pretending they won’t and am building my military as such.

Since voting has the same effect as posting in this thread, and someone just voted, moving it to the front again, I don't feel too awful for posting in it after so long.

Why would you feel awful? The Pirate Forum doesn't have that petty rule where it's forbidden to post in a thread that hasn't had any activity in x amount of months. In fact the way Classic-Pirates.com is setup, it encourages people to post in any thread, at any time. So I'm going to add this one to the New Users page X-D

Power to the People On! *y*

You mean power of the Pirates ;-)

I voted for a M-F scale ship *y*

I know a lot ppl can't afford it,

but i know a lot of ppl can't afford the millenium falcon either, which isn't stopping them. :-D

P

Looking at my pirate mini-figs (Old and Yellow) :'-( I will really hope TLC is able to release " A port/seaside town or village (houses, shops, docks) ", which i voted for! Firstly, i will have a chance to collect pirates. Secondly, i always feel that pirates is able to complement with my castle in a way. Of course, i will not want them to use guns and cannons :-$ Mainly, i love to see more buildings related to villages or harbor! That is what i hope for :'-)

Edited by whitefang_sg

Well what can i say... i am currently doing a marketing degree at university, and if LEGO is not sitting behind a computer with a couple of "agents" as members actively seeking out this information from this fan sight they are wasting an INCREDIBLE RESOURCE! In fact my current project in Market Research is to explain how valuable this kind of information gathering is!

LEGO IF YOUR OUT THERE LISTENING, ME and MY FRIENDS and OUR WALLETS want PIRATES BACK!

I have considered making a new thread, basically it would serve as petition of names of the people who want pirate Lego back. however i felt it unnecessary due to the Ambassadors having already put it on the list of issues.

EDIT:oh btw i voted POTC but wish i had read the list properly as i would have voted port/seaside

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

I definitely want a seaside town theme. Lego did well introducing "town"-like stuff in Wild West (except that they discontinued the theme so early), and I don't see why it wouldn't work in Pirates (or Castle, for that matter). Why should only the modern era sets (City) get civilian stuff?

You are so right, MoonCheese!

Pirate Lego sets should been more than ships and militar posts and now they seem to bring back old themes (like Castle) they should give us new Pirate sets more oriented to civilian life (a harbor, a little town, taverns...) *sweet*

WE WANT PIRATES BACK! >:-)

WE WANT PIRATES BACK! >:-)

LEGO IF YOUR OUT THERE LISTENING, ME and MY FRIENDS and OUR WALLETS want PIRATES BACK!

I have considered making a new thread, basically it would serve as petition of names of the people who want pirate Lego back. however i felt it unnecessary due to the Ambassadors having already put it on the list of issues.

There is a forum here at EB that you can post in that Lego Ambassadors read; it's called the embassy.

JiPay added this forum so that the L-A only have to look through a portion of this forum rather than the whole thing.

If you want pirates back, i suggest posting in the embassy. It seems you already know this Mr. Bluebard, but just making sure this thread doesn't turn into another "We want Pirates thread".

There was a vote off between pirates and romans and it came to a tie. :-/

It's called Pirates or Romans?

Here's what the conclusion of the vote off was that an ambassador posted.

Also, there was another thread called We want Pirates!.

(which i think should be posted in instead of the pirates versus romans since the ambassadors seem to have gotten the information they needed from the votes already)

Another thing, in the Issues List thread, lack of fan desired themes (i.e. pirates) has been added to the issues list, but i don't know when TLG will find out about this list.

Hope that helps.

P

Ah Ha, i had searched and not found any petitions! I was hoping there was one! Thanks for the link!

And yes Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard was aware of the issue list and also knows no matter how many times he posts he wants them back it will make little difference. He also apologizes if he made this convo into a bring back pirates topic, also for talking in the third person in this paragraph!

...Geo...

He also apologizes if he made this convo into a bring back pirates topic, also for talking in the third person in this paragraph!

No worries mate!

It's just that a "We want Pirates" rant is much more effective in the embassy. ;-)

Phred thought it was kind of weird that you wrote your post in third person. X-D

P

A port/seaside town or village, TLG should do more about town and everyday life outside of the town/city-theme. I really want a port/seaside town to defend and/or pillage (and hopefully it will be filled with lattice windows).

I'd figured they should release something like the 'Star-Justice-Space-Skulls' space sets that have just just come out. There should be two sets, one for the pirates and one for the imperial-soldiers-armada, each set containing one large ship, one small port and maybe another smaller ship. If they sell well enough, then they should expand into making a whole blown pirates-vs-imperial line.

Just my logical opinion.