Hello!

Would like to present my second MOC after my dark ages. (Sorry, i build like a 12 year old, twenty years ago.) (You can check out my first MOC here!)

I joined Nocturnus a few days ago, so i decided to (try) build something not too big, because i don't have that much bricks, and it is easier to start small i think. So i had a little scene in mind, then it slowly changed and transformed into this final form. I made an order on BL, and built it.

Sorry, i do not own a professional camera, so i just used my phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Saga of Gutkeled the Tangled I.

Swamp Rescue:

As dusk settled over the dangerous lands of Nocturnus, Gutkeled the Tangled was gingerly heading East, passing through one of the deadly, and smelly swamps to stay hidden from the happenings of the civil war going on his beloved homeland. He was just getting across a dodgy bridge, when he heard the murky water splashing, and a woman's screech as well! First he thought it is just a crow with its raucous voice complaining about something, somewhere in the dense vegetation... Wasn't good for his ears, i tell you that. Anyway, it was really a woman. Or something like that.

His mama Leofflæd taught him well, to be a good and honorable man, and to be helpful, especially to ladies, so he decided to lend a hand to the stranger. Even if she seemed like a vampire, or should i say swampire.

- Good evening Ma'am! Don't you worry, i will pull you out in no time! - shouted Gutkeled, whilst he cut down a long, strong vine with his sword from a nearby tree.

No answer came, just panic, screams, and the swamp's greenish water stirred up even more.

The young wanderer cautiously stepped on the edge of the bridge, and held the vine in front of the woman.

- Grab it, and don't let go! - said Gutkeled in haste. 

He wanted this to be over as quick as possible, because above them on top of the tree, in its crown, two swamp spooks nested. Some people and other life forms called them bog bogeys, and those creatures didn't like anyone near their home! Especially noisy ones. Usually the female laid a crystal thingy on top of a tree, while the male caught and killed some lesser creatures, and took their souls to trap it in the crystal. A few nights later the next generation of swamp spooks were born from it. They were always born during, or after full moon, because the crystal needed to catch the moon's rays to transform the souls into those nasty little spirits.

Although they were only preying on smaller beings, they could mess up Gutkeled with an attack, if they wanted to. They literally just fly through someone's body, or head, causing headaches, nausea, dizziness for long hours, or in some cases, days.

- Almost have you! - Gutkeled managed to pull the woman closer to the bridge, then lay on his stomach, and reached down with his hand to grab her.

Soon both of them were sitting on the bridge. Safe and sound.

- Are you all right, Ma'am? - asked the man, looking at the soaked and wet, and needless to say malodorous bloodsucker.

- Handsome, ye call me ma'am one more time, an' ah wull have ye for dinner! - voiced the exhausted woman, as she observed her savior.

- Be careful, vampy! Your sharp tongue might cut your throat one day... - stood up Gutkeled, and put his left hand on his swords hilt. The woman immediately get on her feet too.

- Please, before we get carried away, let me introduce maself! Cailleach Bheur, at yer service! Ye assistance is much appreciated! - the change of her tone was comforting.

- You are welcome, Cally! I am Gutkeled. Nice to meet you, i hope! What were you doing out here in the middle of nowhere alone? If you don't mind me asking!

- Ah've heard some avalonian adventurers roaming these swamps. They are usually delicious. I almost had them, but lost ma footing on this cursed piece of poor woodwork. Dinna have to tell ye, i am not fond of watter and stuff.

- I assure you, i taste nothing like avalonians, that's for sure. But i have some dried meat and even some red wine, if you are still hungry. - lied Gutkeled, as he was half avalonian (- half amazing) after his mother.

- No need to worry darlin'! I won't bite, for now. But ah take the meat and wine! Let's find a good place, an' get a fire gaun! Have to dry ma dress! - grinned Cailleach mischievously.

- Agreed! - nodded the young man, and shortly they disappeared into the night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, some pictures without the characters.:

38252075612_f6fbff018c_z.jpgIMG_20161224_120422 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

38252075262_c9928a980b_z.jpgIMG_20161224_120514 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

With minifigs.:

38252073952_7f5ea10a44_z.jpgIMG_20161224_120955 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

26508311559_601bb8f5f9_z.jpgIMG_20161224_134529 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

A slightly different version. :laugh: :

38283801481_edab4bd281_z.jpgIMG_20161224_135129 by Erhard Maas, on Flickr

More pictures in my Flickr album.

Edited by MaasEffekt
Updating image links.

First of all, you did right to try your skills and collection out on a small vignette. Step after step, grow with every build.

And I think you did a great job on this one. The colour scheme fits well into the already established depiction of most swamps in Nocturnus. 

Especially the little bridge is a solid build. And I really love that you added a new creature to the lore of Historica, and such a Nocturnian too! Great background information for those swamp spooks. It sounds completely like a nasty little abomination one should be afraid of when travelling through the Darklands. 

I will for sure adapt them when coming through the swamps the next time. Can't be far off.

Edited by Jacob Nion

I enjoyed the mixture of colors in this one, not bad at all for someone remerging out of the dark ages. Good job incorporating the standard in the base.

Neat build, really captures the swamp look nicely. I also like the bridge structure and the vibrant colors. Good introduction for your characters as well. 

Quite a nice swampy vignette! I like how spiky you made the surroundings look :thumbup: Excellent story as well, I'm looking forward to more builds from you :classic:

Happy New Year!

Thank you, all of you for your kind words! I am happy, that you like it!

I like those colors too! Especially the lime, orange, dark brown, and dark red. I ordered some olive green too! Planning to use that color in my future builds as well. I would like to work with sand green one day!

Edited by Lazer

hahaha really nice vignette and awesome story! love the spook-bird type with the female that lays a 'cristal thingy'! lol

Very nice vignette, I really like the trans dark green with lime on top for the swamp :thumbup: The spiky tree, and broken chain on the bridge are nice details too :classic: 

@en_zoo: Glad you like it! To be honest, the story was kinda freestyle. Made it up on the way. And it's not even on my native language... :classic:

@LittleJohn: Thanks! I like that trans- green & lime combo too! Like the orange spike on the lime plant as well!

Had to sacrifice, and cut that chain in half, in the name of art!:laugh:

I just had the general idea of the scene, the rest i made up during the building process. The fine details. Best ideas came to me, when i am in the process of doing something.

In the past few weeks i started to use LDD, so i can plan my future MOCs before i buy the bricks, and i will know exactly what, and how much bricks i will need. I was skeptical before about LDD, but i must confess, I'm loving it!

Edited by Lazer