Vader

Brickshelf up, down..who knows!

It has gone what happened is it cutting out?

Brickshelf goes down from time to time for maintanence. Last summer there was talk of Brickshelf going down permanently, but the issue has since been resolved.

Seems, that maj.com is offline since yesterday. Has anybody an Idea, what's up with the page, since ALL my scenic pictures are unavailable at the moment, having an old backup done sometime in July 2007. I hope, that it'll work again soon, mostly because of my 100s of scenery and other shots, archived, after July 2007 including all skiing and winter pictures (there are 100s)

mFg Widdi

Edited by Widdi

They are having quite a few server problems.

"Kevin is on vacation this week which makes troubleshooting very difficult.

Expect more outages for the next few days until he can isolate the problem."

I went around the problem by putting my avatar and signature image on Brickshelf. However, the avatar URL field cut off the part of my avatar URL, so I ended up having to upload the image from my computer. My sig is all right though.

-Toa Of Justice

If you have concerns on the site etc then post here and DO NOT make another thread about it, anyone who does will see a very pissed off *vader* .

Come on guys, let's not annoy *vader* . Maj and Brickshelf are un-reliable. This is a fact. Don't rely on their existance!

(I merged the topic to avoid his wrath... *skull* )

I saw the same message briefly a few days ago, but it came back up a hour later. Give it a little time.

Brickshelf the most furusrating site in the world. Please try again or come back later thank you.

It makes me mad

I got that same message today a few times in a row. Then I waited for about 5 minutes and tried again and it came up fine.

I got that same message today a few times in a row. Then I waited for about 5 minutes and tried again and it came up fine.

I don't get through at all....and I tried it at least a dozen times today (each time multiple loads). Man...this way I never finish my review of the SES.

I have tried to log on a few times now. It appears the server has crashed can any body else log on or get the HTML?

I have also noticed that all my deep links from the site are not appearing on this site. As well as other peoples images.

Have I missed an announcement or is there a regular "shut down" for maintenance?

Also I failed to find the other topic like this one. Could a mod merge this topic?

Thanks in advance

Cpt. PB

I was just about to post this! Its not good at all I have the same problem even some of these

pics on here are gone! I dont know whats going on.

Edit: wait my pics are coming back for some reason

Edited by Genaral armendariz

Server is back online now. We just had some bad timing. It would be nice to have a little warning of when they do their maintenance. :sadnew:

It is free after all. Thanks Brickshelf for all you do. rarely have any reason to complain :thumbup:

Regards, Cpt. PB

Everybody knows the famous Brickshelf, where everybody can upload his or her LEGO creations. I check it very often on a day, and I just noticed all the images are gone. I click on a few folders, nothing. I click on my account, it's empty. Oh no? Look:

http://www.brickshelf.com/

Maybe they made a big mistake in updating the website, or they are quitting?

EDIT: I just noticed the files are still there, but just not on the website for everybody to see it. For instance: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/misterzu...hip/orca000.jpg

Is this false alarm, will it be okay tomorrow; let's hope it.

Edited by Matn

Same prob here. I was in the middle of uploading all of my trade-related stuff. :thumbdown:

Well, maj is still up, so I'm assuming it's a problem with brickshelf, not the server.

Annoying as it might be, Brickshelf is still a free useable site, so give them some time to repair the problem.

I'm sure that if they would quit, a message would tell that on the site.

I spent the afternoon photographing my scarecrow and killer croc mocs. I was just about to upload them when I discovered my account was empty and I couldn't add folders. It said there was a server problem.

It seems the files are still there but not the folders. On the login pages it says 'x files in 0 folders'.

?

:sceptic:

I just hope for everyone's sake that they rectify this problem pronto - a lot of LEGO based sites rely on BS, so if it crashes... :sceptic: