Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

23 minutes ago, The lego fan said:

I'm guessing no13 is some realy random object suite guy as someone already confirmed 3 total suites in this series including the butterfly. Sounds interesting!

Itaria already confirmed no firefighters on page 7.

The lego fan.

Exactly. I'm impressed.

Now we're all just going to try to guess the mysterious object suite guy!

What could lego have come up with next?

Ok, here are a few crazy ideas to set us off...

Planet suit guy

Tree suit guy

Lampshade suit guy

Lego brick suit guy

Weird, but you did say it was a weird figure!

Or maybe 'the price will sky rocket' was a pun...Rocket suit guy!

The lego fan.

Edited by The lego fan

Well they make some sort of bricksuits in the new nexo knights wave. So you always can make your own of course.

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

One clue each day, when I can.

#10: NOT ASIAN

Is this Uncle Sam?

1) Circus Strongman (M)
2) Butterfly Suit Girl (F)

3) Doctor, Chef & Postman seem the most likely options here although seem a little dull for a collectible figure so would require a new accessory like a rolling pin. (M/F)
4) Skateboarder is the only repeat in Series 1 & 4 but the wording here may imply we thought the Series 4 character would be a different figure at the time - perhaps we thought the 'mad scientist' would be a doctor to match the nurse? (M)
5) Army builders are usually historical or mythological warriors - does a counterpart imply the gender reverse of a figure, if so possibly Perseus to counter the Series 10 Medusa? (M)

6) Hmmm, a female army builder that has been suggested in the guessing game - I'll go with Aztec Princess (as Robert's design is awesome) or maybe a Harpy (F)
7) The wheelchair is probably the most memorable new part although is this too big to be considered an 'accessory'? (M/F)
8) I can't see this being anything other than a Highwayman, especially if there are no pirates. (M)
9) We know it isn't a pizza costume - perhaps ice cream or some sort of fruit and veg (carrot, apple...)? (M)
10) One nationality specifically suggests it can't be something too generic from a region (e.g. an Alpine costume, Andean character, Sheikh, as these represent more than one country). I would guess either a Canadian Mountie or an Steve Irwin type character (with a koala or something to make them specifically Australian) (M/F)
11) Perhaps this could be a teacher to match the Series 5 student and the Series 15 Janitor, or something to do with dance to match the fitness instructor/ballet dancer (F)
12) The only character who you could suggest is historically questionable is "Robin Hood"? (M/F)
13) I also wonder if this is the completely transparent figure, given that many claim this would not be possible to make and would also be very popular for its uniqueness. A centaur is another possibility, given that we would assume it would be too big for a CMF but would also be very popular in the after market. There are not many characters we have not thought of before although I wonder if the 'sky-rocket' comment was deliberately another clue? (M)
14) Difficult to think of a generic character that would be 80s specific that would not be classed as 'licensed'. Just wondering if this is one where we all know it is supposed to be a real person but given a generic name (e.g. Marty McFly - 'Time Traveller Teen'. Perhaps just a generic guy in 80s fashion like him (M)
15) Surely one to please the sci-fi fans. As there was an astronaut recently I am guessing this will be a new alien (M/F)
16) Another animal costume seems unlikely, given we know there will be a Butterfly Suit Girl but 'somewhat related' is a bit ambiguous. I will guess a vet or zoo keeper (M/F)

Hopefully there will be a lot of good accessories, especially the possibility of some new animal moulds, although disappointed there don't seem to be any obvious music or sports figures.

Edited by lifeinplastic
minor changes

sorry to drop into a Theme I'm not normally around but came here care of the Batman CMF

When i saw the silhouette on the sheet i only thought of one thing ... the bard ... but perhaps that's because I'm British ?

he does also appear as a big minifigure in the tube train in the Leicester Square store. 

Edited by Seasider

what about an angel or a demon? i heard they would never make either of those, but we did get the devil suit kid so who knows. what about a multi-headed monster?

These clues are awesome! I am definitely going with chef for #3. Chefs have been a LEGO stand-by for a while now--it's only a matter of time before one shows up in this theme.

#9 could be a carrot guy--its easy to imagine TLG doing one. Of course an ice cream character would be fun as well!

And #13 intrigues me (and probably everyone else). I've often been wrong about which figures will end up being popular, so I really have no idea what it could be. It sounds exciting though!

I'm also excited at the prospect of a new character who has something to do with animals. Maybe a birdwatcher?

Edited by jjr_2009

After seeing the bag of the LEGO Batman Movie series, I'm starting to doubt the color of Series 17 will be yellow

I mean, it's pretty much the same color

29325147754_69ae5115ca_o.png71017(2).png

21 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

An hint every day I can.

9) Not meat nor fish.

So it must be a pudding, a vegetable, a potato or a fruit.

Ice cream suit guy?

Orange suit guy?

Potato suit guy?

44 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

An hint every day I can.

9) Not meat nor fish.

A food costume that is not meat nor fish - so anything vegan like fruit, vegetable or a dessert. Hmmm....

Carrot, Froyo, Ice Cream, Cheese or even Bread like croissant?

I think they'll rather use a straight form. So no apples and oranges, but maybe a corn suit, or a string bean, a pepper, a broccoli or a peanut suit?

4 minutes ago, Borex said:

I think they'll rather use a straight form. So no apples and oranges, but maybe a corn suit, or a string bean, a pepper, a broccoli or a peanut suit?

You're right.

Straight moulds are easier to make; both banana suit and hotdog suit were long and straight.

I guess ice cream would still be a possibility then.

The lego fan.

P.S. Itaria already confirmed no broccoli though, on page 6 or 7 I think

On 14 December 2016 at 6:20 AM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

One clue each day, when I can.

#10: NOT ASIAN

In that case, something that would be realy nice is a Brazilian dressed in carnival clothes.

Or an African with bongos.

Just my ideas.

The lego fan.

Edited by The lego fan

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:19 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

3) Hello, I am a town character that is present in at least 25 minifigures since the 80's and I am never been released as a collectible minifigure

I suppose this could also be a prisoner too.

For #3, I use the Minifigure Year by Year Visual History book and Bricklink as reference.

Since 80's  I found that we have mostly Doctor (41), Driver (26), Worker (49), Fire Chief/Firefighter (100+), Pilot (60+), Postman (10+), and Chef (30+) in Town/City.

I'm counting Surgeon as Doctor in S6  and Race Driver as Driver in S3. We also had Pilot in S3 and there are so many worker-type CMFs.... Since Postman didn't reach the 25 minifig count, I'll discard it.

So between Firefighter and Chef, I think it is Chef as it is closer to 25 minifig count, and Firefighter was already mentioned not in S17.

Edited by makoy

1 hour ago, makoy said:

For #3, I use the Minifigure Year by Year Visual History book and Bricklink as reference.

Since 80's  I found that we have mostly Doctor (41), Driver (26), Worker (49), Fire Chief/Firefighter (100+), Pilot (60+), Postman (10+), and Chef (30+) in Town/City.

I'm counting Surgeon as Doctor in S6  and Race Driver as Driver in S3. We also had Pilot in S3 and there are so many worker-type CMFs.... Since Postman didn't reach the 25 minifig count, I'll discard it.

So between Firefighter and Chef, I think it is Chef as it is closer to 25 minifig count, and Firefighter was already mentioned not in S17.

Although I am not implying that Chef isn't correct, I'd like to point out that S6's fermale surgeon was not considered a classic doctor when I suggested #3
:wink:

Ok, we have a winner!

1. Circus Strongman

2. Butterfly Girl

3. Chef

Edited by Robert8