PaddyBricksplitter

Is there anything from the OT that has not been built?

I honestly can't think of anything other than the Force Cave on Dagobah, or maybe the cave where Luke builds his saber with 3PO and R2 on Tatooine. but those are kind of bantha crap answers, sorry. Pretty much everything's been done

Would love to see the Outrider/Shadows of the Empire line come out, but would be interesting if TLG eventually puts out a minifigure GR-75

OK looks like there a some obscure ships from the final act of Jedi that have not been build, moc or official set. The do seem to be only on screen on the background for a second or two so there is little reference images.

OK looks like there a some obscure ships from the final act of Jedi that have not been build, moc or official set. The do seem to be only on screen on the background for a second or two so there is little reference images.

Nothing that hasnt already been mentioned, Nebulon B, Mon-cal cruisers and rebel transports. On the Imperial side there might be a star destroyer variant which doesnt fit the two minifig scale models, but those are questionable to begin with, 6211 for instance is not a real Imperial Class, or Victory Class, the two main types of SD

Fighter wise everything in the final battle has been done, although the Tie-int could use a new version, the last one was a blue-tie

I know it's PT but... somebody mentioned the Invisible Hand earlier. I think the real reason it hasn't been done is that it's extremely similar to the Malevolence... which I thought sold terribly. A big downward protrusion might be able to be folded inwards for landing, or else they'd put it on a stand.

Nothing that hasnt already been mentioned, Nebulon B, Mon-cal cruisers and rebel transports.

I believe Paddy was speaking of the Dornean Braha'tok-class gunship, and on the Imperial Side the Tector-class Star Destroyer.

6211 for instance is not a real Imperial Class, or Victory Class, the two main types of SD

Care to explain how 6211 isn't an Imperial-class? Because unless I'm missing something then by your logic, 8039 isn't a Venator class.

I believe Paddy was speaking of the Dornean Braha'tok-class gunship, and on the Imperial Side the Tector-class Star Destroyer.

Fair point! i actually rewatched the battle last night before posting, but the braha-tok totally slipped past me, the Tector is an Imperial without the hangar bays right?

Care to explain how 6211 isn't an Imperial-class? Because unless I'm missing something then by your logic, 8039 isn't a Venator class.

6211 has only 4 gun turrets, ISDs have 8 (and all the dark bley bits... yuck), i fixed my 6211 for the proper turrets. I know its a minor niggle, but given the relatively minor differences between various types of star destroyer (and no definitive scale in lego), this sort of thing really bugs me. 8039 might get its proportions all wrong, but most minor details are correct, and there is no other ship in universe it could be confused for.

Even if you wave away 6211 inaccuracies in the turret and colour dept, it could just as easily be a Tector as an Imperial, and it is only a few extra plates away from being a Victory

Even if you wave away 6211 inaccuracies in the turret and colour dept, it could just as easily be a Tector as an Imperial, and it is only a few extra plates away from being a Victory

Uh, no. First, you know how (as you said) Tectors don't have hangars? 6211 has a hangar. Second, 6211 is an Episode IV set and the only Star Destroyers to appear in Episode IV were Imperial-class. Third, 6211 includes both Darth Vader and the one successful escape pod from the Tantive IV. That makes it not only an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, that makes it intended as a specific Imperial-class Star Destroyer: the Devastator.

Cloud City, the full model Architect style?

What about the scene between Darth Vader and Luke on platforms, where Vader reveals himself to be Luke's father?

I'm going to say the Twin Pod Cloud Car because I don't consider 7119 to exist because it's so terrible. It was ok for it's time, but needs a serious reboot.

I think Lars' Homestead and Ben Kenobi's hut would be great projects with varying scale, depending on how detailed you wanna build. Then, there's sorts of things you could do, like Mos Eisley streets, hangar bay 94 with the Falcon, the conference room on the Death Star, the trash compactor scene with Dianoga, the tractor beam controls with Ben Kenobi, the Kenobi and Vader duel with a blast door, Luke and Leia swinging across the chasm, the Yavin control room and/or hangar... actually, there's a lot of ANH scenes that have not made it into official sets yet. Finding something that has not been build by anyone, including fan MOCs, is gonna be an impossible feat, though, I'm afraid.

What about the sick bay scene at the end of ESB? Luke with one mechanical hand, Leia, and 3 droids plus a few bits of medical stuff so kids could play "heal the wounded Rebels" Bonus: a mini Millennium Falcon so kids could swoosh it past the window like the movie.

Edited by Lego Otaku

^^ bump ^^ We need an "I am your father" set!

Let's not forget the duel with Luke and Darth Vader in Cloud City, in the giant vertical shaft.  We had a carbon freezing chamber that can easily be used for duel in play set but there's nothing to play after that. We need a platform with hand rails that can easily split apart during the duel, a bundle of towers that gets "cut" off, and another bundle of towers where Luke was pinned before he jumped down the shaft to escape from Darth Vader.

Wondering if LEGO would release Luke minifig with one hand only as his right hand got chopped off during the duel.

15 minutes ago, Lego Otaku said:

Wondering if LEGO would release Luke minifig with one hand only as his right hand got chopped off during the duel.

Yeah... right... :laugh::laugh:

But indeed, I think there are very little AFOLs who wouldn't want a new Cloud City... I wonder how long they will wait to build up anticipation :wink:

1 hour ago, Lego Otaku said:

Let's not forget the duel with Luke and Darth Vader in Cloud City, in the giant vertical shaft.  We had a carbon freezing chamber that can easily be used for duel in play set but there's nothing to play after that. We need a platform with hand rails that can easily split apart during the duel, a bundle of towers that gets "cut" off, and another bundle of towers where Luke was pinned before he jumped down the shaft to escape from Darth Vader.

It would obviously be a great set, as anything from cloud city would be, but several great fan models have already been made for this scene. Still, anything cloud city would definitely be different from everything Lego is releasing.

5 hours ago, Lego Otaku said:

I think the answer is no - remember the mustafar Darth Vader figure in 8096 has 2 hands and two complete legs.  Plus I think they consider the "torso assembly" to be 1 part, not 5 I.e not intended to be disassembled.

I hate that there isn't much ESB stuff.  That is my favorite Star Wars movie.  Every time I see the box of a set based on it, I smile.  Looking at the Slave I or Hoth or the Carbon Chamber, it gives me good feels.  LEGO is really overdue to revisit that movie.  We need Dagobah scenes, Cloud City scenes and badly need a new Bespin Lando.

8 minutes ago, JPN366 said:

I hate that there isn't much ESB stuff.  That is my favorite Star Wars movie.  Every time I see the box of a set based on it, I smile.  Looking at the Slave I or Hoth or the Carbon Chamber, it gives me good feels.  LEGO is really overdue to revisit that movie.  We need Dagobah scenes, Cloud City scenes and badly need a new Bespin Lando.

I agree. I also feel we need a better Carbonite Han piece. I wish it was a box around the figure. I hate that I can see the figure behind the carbonite in its current version.