42059 - 142 pcs
42060 - 365 pcs
42061 - 260 pcs
42062 - 631 pcs
42063 - 603 pcs
42064 - 1327 pcs
42065 - 370 pcs
42066 - 1151 pcs

The Searching Ship 42064 has more parts than the RC Tracked Racer 42065 and Air Race Jet 42066

Edited by nguyengiangoc

3 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

42057 - 199 pcs
42058 - 140 pcs
42059 - 142 pcs
42060 - 365 pcs
42061 - 260 pcs
42062 - 631 pcs
42063 - 603 pcs
42064 - 1327 pcs
42065 - 370 pcs
42066 - 1151 pcs

The Searching Ship 42064 has more parts than the RC Tracked Racer 42065 and Air Race Jet 42066

When we talk about peaces, which new pieces (not pieces in new color) did you noticed when we ignore "axle 3 with central pin hole" part on telehandler (set 42061)? Or did I miss some post dealing with new parts?

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

When we talk about peaces, which new pieces (not pieces in new color) did you noticed when we ignore "axle 3 with central pin hole" part on telehandler (set 42061)? Or did I miss some post dealing with new parts?

Looks like In the telehander there is a new worm gear in the boom extension. More I have not seen :( 

Edited by AOW

4 hours ago, Samer said:

Talking pieces, I think its time for non friction fellows of these:

18651.png11214.t1.png

and half of this

18654.t1.png

i hope for expect some shorter and some metal versions of these: 738db33f50de120ce3643939ef35d97a.jpg

Edited by legotechnicisawesome

Jim coming in and reminding people this is not a wishlist thread in 3...2...1

3 hours ago, Samer said:

There is difference between wishes and expectations. I meant expectations.

sorted! ;D

6 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Back on topic: I don't think the parts count is real, we don't even have official images yet, and if they have the box art with piece count on it they would've put it on their website.

So you think they made up the part count?! Wouldn't it make more sense that they know the sets with part count, based on other information than the box art?!

Oh and this is not a wish list topic hehe :laugh: :tongue:

8 minutes ago, LvdH said:

As far as I can remember we did not get any official information from Lego, it's the only logical explanation to me :grin: 

So the only logical explanation is that a website/webshop would make up part counts for new sets. If you ask me, that the least logical explanation.

And the fact that WE didn't get any information doesn't mean that the information is not available.

26 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Lego doesn't make metal parts (anymore), the only one I can think of is the metal hook used in sets like 8258 and 8285 and has not been used since 2009, not even in 42009.

Back on topic: I don't think the parts count is real, we don't even have official images yet, and if they have the box art with piece count on it they would've put it on their website.

then at least a re-design would be great! they snap if even the slightest bit of pressure is applied :/

19 minutes ago, Jim said:

Oh and this is not a wish list topic hehe :laugh: :tongue:

:P

btw has anyone found the new 2017 catalog yet? (i can't wait for it any longer! :P)

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

Lego doesn't make metal parts (anymore), the only one I can think of is the metal hook used in sets like 8258 and 8285 and has not been used since 2009, not even in 42009. Back on topic: I don't think the parts count is real, we don't even have official images yet, and if they have the box art with piece count on it they would've put it on their website.

It seems kinda accurate, even if i find it strange that the 42061 telehandler is supposed to have 100 less pieces than 42060, since the telehandler costs a little bit more. But even with official box art the parts count can be wrong sometimes lego-technic-42040-fire-plane-jarone-150

official comment :laugh: : It is great! Clever paneling, nice details, good part set! 

20 minutes ago, kbalage said:

6 minutes ago, J_C said:

official comment :laugh: : It is great! Clever paneling, nice details, good part set! 

offcial comment :laugh: #2 : i like how they managed the suspension! and lots of good panels! those black panels weren't visable before but it looks awesome now! :D

4 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

The BMW model doesn't use chains. Is it the same in the real bike?

hmm.. not sure.. there is no visable chains on the real one so maybe they used gears so there is no visable chain? idk

EDIT: just notised i'm a citizen now! :blush:

i'm a citizen!

It is correct, it uses cardan shaft, like this (not the exact model) - see picture below, reason is that this solution needs much less maintenance, and very durable, which is reasonable at globetrekker and Enduro rides.

r1200gs_final_drive_gearbox-L.jpg

And they did the front Suspension correctly too! I see many improvement possibilities on optic, but on my list definetely.

Edited by agrof

yes, BMW motorcycles are shaft driven

Is "try building digitally" sign of no paper instructions whatsoever policy for future? If that would be to case for future sets, I am terribly let down. 

Edited by J_C