Blondie-Wan

21306: The Beatles Yellow Submarine (LEGO Ideas)

Minifigure Style:

Hoping that the figures will be representations of real life Beatles and not the cartoon ones in the Yellow Submarine film.... This might be the only chance at Lego the Beatles we ever get, so I hope it's the latter. Thoughts?

Minifigure Style:

Hoping that the figures will be representations of real life Beatles and not the cartoon ones in the Yellow Submarine film.... This might be the only chance at Lego the Beatles we ever get, so I hope it's the latter. Thoughts?

We all live in a Yellow Submarine, a Yellow Submarine, a Yellow Submarine... :laugh:

They'll obviously be based on their appearance in the film, since that's what the project represented and what the supporters supported. That said, minifigures are themselves a sort of caricature of real human beings anyway, and given that they'll be subject to the design aesthetic of LEGO minifigures, it's frankly not likely to make that huge a difference - minifigures of the movie's animation portrayals of the Beatles would look very similar to minifigures of the real Beatles in the same outfits.

If you mean totally different outfits from their animation appearances, though - with one of their real-life looks, like the early dark suits or something, and not the animation look - then I think you're going to be very disappointed, but frankly that would be the way to go. The project is of the Yellow Submarine, and any included minifigures will surely be designed to go with the rest of the set.

I've updated the initial post with the main image for the original Ideas submission.

I see having it almost right above the picture of the K'Nex set in the post MAB made right after mine really clarifies how different that set and the Ideas project are despite being based on the same source material. I expect LEGO's final set to hew much closer to the Ideas project than their competitor's earlier version.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Didn't found this topic, but yeah, figs will have cartoonish heads (with classiques eyes however)

23submarinespan.jpg

But I think it is horrible :laugh:

Didn't found this topic, but yeah, figs will have cartoonish heads (with classiques eyes however)

But I think it is horrible :laugh:

To each their own. :tongue:

Do you happen to have the other minifigures?

SNIP

Our first look - it's John Lennon! From Galaad. I for one really like it!

At long last, I don't have to Imagine ( :tongue: ) what he would look like any longer! Now just need Paul, George, and Ringo.... though i wonder if any supporting Characters will make it into the set such as the older person named "Old Fred" who drives the submarine through opening credits and helps the quartet through most of the film.

Oh dear, why does Lennon look like a creep? Was that picture a joke? I was looking forward to this, now maybe not so much.

I've never seen that show. I've never been into the Beatles, but hearing of a LEGO Beatles set, I was intrigued. Seeing that..I am much more likely to pass. Not enough interest I guess. I'm sure it will still sell well. And I'll wait to see the rest before I completely write it off. Thanks for sharing!

I'm having doubts about the leg printing, as he would probably have had black printing on the toes.

Still likely to get it.

Edited by x105Black

Picture of the minifigs are available here.

One of them (don't know who, sorry) DOES have printing on the side of his legs, can't see if Lennon does as well yet.

Picture of the minifigs are available here.

One of them (don't know who, sorry) DOES have printing on the side of his legs, can't see if Lennon does as well yet.

Thanks for the link Felkin! They look good, the mushroom hair in black and Sabine's hair in black look great. I look forward to the rest of the set.