Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

When that color difference justifies changing the parts then Boba's helmet should have been dark green (since the torso armor and helmet have the same color on the ROTJ version) and the jetpack dark blue.

I am not going to care for any new Boba until they get around to recoloring the helmet which should have happened with this set if not already years ago.

The entire Desert skiff is a mess of recoloration to be honest. What reference pictures do I have to use to have the Sarlacc and its mouth look like dark orange / nougat? I appreciate different colors for the sake of pleasing multiple interpretations of reference materials (even though the only one mattering should be the movies themselves with props as a secondary reference for tiny details), since this would have been a straight re-release of the 2012 Sarlacc but here is not even a real plus-side to nougat tentacles and cockpit windscreens. And the old skiff was already wrong enough with the splotches of dark tan when it is brown in the movie, making it full dark tan with not a single new recolor is not helpful at all.

I looked up images for Boba Fett's ROTJ helmet and you are right that it is darker than the ESB version but it doesn't look to be quite as dark as the armor.  So with existing colors, olive green would have probably been a better color choice.  Sand green looks perfect for the ESB version though, so I am not sure why you say a recolor should have come earlier unless your referring to the previously released skiff.

As for the colors of the skiff and Sarlacc, I agree with you.

Besides the odd color choices the set does look more accurate, then previous versions, to the movies IMO.

5 hours ago, Navy Trooper Fenson said:

So according to Lego:

White OT X-Wing = Black Episode 7 X-Wing

Black Episode 7 X-Wing =/= Grey Episode 7 X-Wing

Grey Episode 7 X-Wing = White OT X-Wing

Or, you know, two x-wings on shelves is ok but 3 isn't.

75165 Imperial Trooper Battle Pack

So this comes out in January right?  Anyone going to jump in on this set as much as I am? 

Just now, eldiano said:

75165 Imperial Trooper Battle Pack

So this comes out in January right?  Anyone going to jump in on this set as much as I am? 

It comes out in March.

dammit, I requested the day off just to get them all, but nevermind then lol more money towards The Lego Batman sets until then lol

Just now, ChiefPie said:

It comes out in March.

In Australia it's been out a few weeks. Great set I have two and might get some more

10 hours ago, Penkid11 said:
On 12/24/2016 at 1:43 PM, Penkid11 said:

The next wave of Lego Star Wars sets will be releasing in March in the US.

And now there's a post that no one should be able to miss.

This is per Lego's Twitter page, as well as being near the tenth time this has had to be restated. I think I might just need to requote my post from the 23rd daily for the next week-and-a-half in order to make it absolutely clear for everyone.

And yes, that includes the Rogue One sets.

I'm so used to waiting sets arrive late in Asia for several months after it is released in the US that having some themes arrive here earlier than expected is a welcome change. That said, I don't see anything wrong if Star Wars is delayed until March 2017.

45 minutes ago, Jedibob said:

Which lego sets will available in march ??

You've got to be kidding me!! The Winter 2017 Lego Star Wars sets in the US!!

12 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Or, you know, two x-wings on shelves is ok but 3 isn't.

It's really pretty simple, most people don't see the difference between OT and ST X-Wings, they just see an X-Wing. I do hope we'll get a Rogue One X-Wing at some point, but not before at least Poe's X-Wing has retired.

6 hours ago, Supersonic said:

It's really pretty simple, most people don't see the difference between OT and ST X-Wings, they just see an X-Wing. I do hope we'll get a Rogue One X-Wing at some point, but not before at least Poe's X-Wing has retired.

And I hope they're aren't white. I understand people consider the official color of the x wing as white but I just don't see it. Every time I see in X wing in the movies it's a light gray, even in Rogue One. White is just too strong of a lego color on the lego version of X wings and really ruins the authenticity of what it's trying to replicate. 

11 minutes ago, Green Rey said:

And I hope they're aren't white. I understand people consider the official color of the x wing as white but I just don't see it. Every time I see in X wing in the movies it's a light gray, even in Rogue One. White is just too strong of a lego color on the lego version of X wings and really ruins the authenticity of what it's trying to replicate. 

Why is this being brought up in the 2017 Pics & Rumours thread? I'm not a mod but you should try to stop talking about irrelevant subject matter so we don't lose this thread again for a few days.

1 hour ago, TheRacker said:

Can we add the March US release date to the title of the thread somehow?

Well, if you need a warning sign on a soap not do drink it and they still do, then I don't know if that will help ;) 

7 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

Is there a reason why the sets got delayed until March 2017?

Probably, but there's approximately a 0% chance we'll ever find out what it is.

5 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Probably, but there's approximately a 0% chance we'll ever find out what it is.

Not an issue in Aus. we got 50% of the wave already.

Australia may be getting the Winter wave a couple months before the US but the Summer wave usually gets delayed in Australia a couple months after the US gets theirs.

15 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

Is there a reason why the sets got delayed until March 2017?

They aren't delayed.

They are precisely on schedule for their release schedule in 2017.

Recall that everything non-TFA came out in March of 2016 as well? It's just this time it's all of the "Winter Wave" as opposed to new movie specific sets coming out earlier.

14 hours ago, Cap Rex said:

The phantom also comes out in March?

If any Star Wars set is coming out in 2017, it will be available in March.

And could everyone please read a couple pages back before asking "So these are coming out in January, right?"

Someone has at least said "they come out in March" on every one of the last 3 pages. You can't really miss them, they're in bold.

Gosh. All the "when are the sets coming out in US again?" are annoying and maybe a little funny. Lol, just read through the thread! I do it almost every day... :grin:

I wish people would stop asking for release dates when they could just find that out for themselves. 

Changing the subject, are there any more credible rumours on what UCS or d2c play sets we might see next year?

Those that have the inability to read and cannot determine when the sets will be released...ignore them.  This isn't the SW 2017 question thread; the info is given and they need to learn how to read the posts.  If there is too much crap, and there really is, then I guess we should fix that.  Also, when I worked for LEGO Brand Retail, the company could change their mind whenever the hell they wanted to...so...nothing is concrete.

And I've been avoiding the thread because I still haven't seen Rogue One and won't be able to until this week.  Retail holiday can take it's toll!  

I will not lock this thread, don't worry...but I will be cleaning house here very quickly!