Bregir

The Naval Licensing and Prize Court

6 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

I was unaware of this. Care to share details?

The last three ships in this auction were Tomsche's. :)

11 minutes ago, Bregir said:

The last three ships in this auction were Tomsche's. :)

Ah, I misunderstood the original statement. I stand corrected: Corrington has also auctioned off war ships.

24 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Ah, I misunderstood the original statement. I stand corrected: Corrington has also auctioned off war ships.

Since when does Tomsche = Corrington? :pir-laugh:  There may be a few redcoats that would take exception to that... :pir_tong2:

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

I do think, though, that it is fair for people to have an opinion on how you run your auctions, IC and OOC, but you are of course free to do however you please within the rules! :pir-grin:

And, just for the record, I disagree with the policy of selling warships only to Eslandians and expressed that disagreement earlier.  But rule-wise it's perfectly fine of course!

Since the Oleon Topic has derailed for a day now with new posts being made, I've moved pretty much all the relevant posts related to the recent debate in this topic.

I've heard various opinions on the licensing of captured ships combined with sister-shipping. So I'd like to submit an example to the court for ruling.

In the latest MCRA I became the owner of the 5HA Morning Fog. This is an un-mocced ship. I would like to submit a topic that explains that this ship was a requisitioned Junk that ESL added to it's war fleet. As such, it looked very much like my Jade Piranha which was sunk the last MCRA. Since my Jade Piranha sunk, I am allowed to sister-ship it. I would like to use the un-mocced license of the Morning Fog towards the sister-shipping of the Jade Piranha. I have re-colored the ship and if my request is approved, I will build a micro-version of the ship in it's new colors.

33664818663_e532439c22_n.jpg

On 5/8/2017 at 9:36 AM, MKJoshA said:

I've heard various opinions on the licensing of captured ships combined with sister-shipping. So I'd like to submit an example to the court for ruling.

In the latest MCRA I became the owner of the 5HA Morning Fog. This is an un-mocced ship. I would like to submit a topic that explains that this ship was a requisitioned Junk that ESL added to it's war fleet. As such, it looked very much like my Jade Piranha which was sunk the last MCRA. Since my Jade Piranha sunk, I am allowed to sister-ship it. I would like to use the un-mocced license of the Morning Fog towards the sister-shipping of the Jade Piranha. I have re-colored the ship and if my request is approved, I will build a micro-version of the ship in it's new colors.

33664818663_e532439c22_n.jpg

Can I get a ruling on this please? @Kolonialbeamter, @Maxim I, @dr_spock, and @Bregir

58 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Hear ye, hear ye.  All rise. 

After much deliberation, the Court has approved your sistership request. 

Thank you! I know there has already been a question amongst the other Sea Rats whether this will normally be allowed or not. Should I tell them to bring each case to the court?

13 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Thank you! I know there has already been a question amongst the other Sea Rats whether this will normally be allowed or not. Should I tell them to bring each case to the court?

If what they want to do is an exception to the rules or a deviation from the generally accepted practices, they should bring it before the courts.

Jan 5, 618 - In Freeport

To the Garvian Admiralty,

This month I wish to also condemn the mocced vessel 'WTC Beacon (4)' as a prize. This came into my possession during the recently completed November MRCA.

-Captain Silas Pike

===/===/===

Before everyone goes off half-cocked, Mesabi was informed of the reasoning behind this decision by PM.  He should be able to get the Beacon sister-shipped in time for the January MRCA this way.

We respectfully ask that the WTC Beacon (4) be taken into custody as it is illegitimately being sold by Captain Silas Pike. As the WTC has fulfilled the conditions as agreed upon for the release of the ship, we ask that the ship be rightfully handed into WTC hands.  We do not think that the precedent for ransoming ships and then refusing to return them is one the prize court should associate themselves with. We hope you agree.

-Agnes Mesabi

OOC: Look, I'm not going to get my feelings hurt over this, but it's not cool that you're reneging on what we agreed upon, Kwatchi. Everything might have been agreed out of character, but it's like my grandfather always said. "If you ain't worth your word, you ain't worth anything." 

On 1/5/2018 at 10:03 AM, Kwatchi said:

Jan 5, 618 - In Freeport

This month I wish to also condemn the mocced vessel 'WTC Beacon (4)' as a prize. This came into my possession during the recently completed November MRCA.

-Captain Silas Pike

@Kolonialbeamter

@Bregir

It has been a day.  If you can resolve this soon, it would be appreciated.

Can I please ask all to exhibit patience. For us in leadership, who also does this as a hobby, we can only disappoint if one day is considered too long a waiting time. Thank you. :pir-blush:

Just now, Kwatchi said:

@Kolonialbeamter

@Bregir

It has been a day.  If you can resolve this soon, it would be appreciated.

Your roll was 2, which gives 30 % of license value plus 25 % for the ship being moc'ed which gives a total of 55 % of a license value 300, equals 165 dbs. I will make the transfer presently.

And for the record, Mesabi could have sistershipped the ship the moment it was lost to him (captured in the MRCA).

Good Sirs I address you today to request a simple upgrade to a ship in my fleet.   The Drunken Monkey has been a good sailing vessel and I would like to continue to use her however her range is a largely limiting factor to the rest of her fleets success.  It is at this that I am requesting an upgrade from her current status as a C2 to a C3.  When she was first built it was said she is on the large end for a class 2.  I request the court commune and inform me of what upgrades need be done to satisfy this change or if such change is simply impossible at this time.  

Oct, 618 - Parts Unknown

To whom it may concern,

I wish to condemn the unmocced vessel 'Magnolia (3)' as a prize. This "fell out of the sky" and into my possession during the recently completed August/September MRCA.

-Missive from the Yellow Skull fleet

Dear Sir,

Your prize has been sold at the auction for 100 dbs (50 % of 200) and the amount will be transferred to your account presently.

Regards

The Black Markets of Guelph

OOC: @Kwatchi: Please confirm that the Yellow Skull Fleet is flying the black flag.

12 hours ago, Bregir said:

OOC: @Kwatchi: Please confirm that the Yellow Skull Fleet is flying the black flag.

Yes, it is a black flag fleet.

On 10/15/2018 at 7:32 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Good Sirs I address you today to request a simple upgrade to a ship in my fleet.   The Drunken Monkey has been a good sailing vessel and I would like to continue to use her however her range is a largely limiting factor to the rest of her fleets success.  It is at this that I am requesting an upgrade from her current status as a C2 to a C3.  When she was first built it was said she is on the large end for a class 2.  I request the court commune and inform me of what upgrades need be done to satisfy this change or if such change is simply impossible at this time.  

@Bregir @Maxim I @dr_spock

Can I get confirmation that the court has at least seen this? 

@Roadmonkeytj

Your request is granted. You need to make an upgrade build, which is any build explaining the update, and it does not need to include the vessel. It could be a scene of ballast being taken out, additional guns being purchased, or someone bragging in a tavern that changing the rake of her mast has given her extra agility. (Or any other such thing you can imagine.)

Once this is in place, please send the new stats in a pm to one of the court members and @Legostone, who will then make the change.

@Kwatchi:

The transfer has now been done.

13 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Hi @Bregir

Any chance of my stat switch happening before the 8th?

Hi Kwatchi,

Yes, of course. However, have you transmitted your desired stats to us? In that case, I have missed it - we need to see them to be able to say if it is a reasonable change.

My best guess is, you can start planning with changed stats, but we just need to formalities in place.

Cheers!

PS. Thanks for poking me again with capturing my ship... :pir-tongue::pir-grin:

For simplicity sake, id like to modify it to match my other class 6.   That would mean adding crew/hull/guns at the expensive of cargo and some maneuver.  I’ll pm you the new stats tonight.

No worries Bregir - while a lovely micro she’ll likely sink first cruise out knowing my luck. :ugh:

5 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

For simplicity sake, id like to modify it to match my other class 6.   That would mean adding crew/hull/guns at the expensive of cargo and some maneuver.  I’ll pm you the new stats tonight.

No worries Bregir - while a lovely micro she’ll likely sink first cruise out knowing my luck. :ugh:

I'm the one to PM to change stats :pir-wink: Though ideally you could license your vessel as a class 6 with your own stats and I'll take care of removing the duplicate and fixing the costs.

6 hours ago, Legostone said:

I'm the one to PM to change stats :pir-wink: Though ideally you could license your vessel as a class 6 with your own stats and I'll take care of removing the duplicate and fixing the costs.

Still has to be approved by the court, though! ;)