Malou

New Simpsons set in 2016?

Do you think there will be a new Simpsons set in 2016? By this time last year we already knew it would be the Kwik-E-Mart, but this years not rumour have surfaced yet.

There was that rumor about the The Android's Dungeon & Baseball Card Shop, but that was about a year ago and we have heard nothing else.

Seriously, what could they even make that's realistic?

Springfield Elementary would be HUGE, as would the power plant. They won't make Moe's Tavern, it's a bar.

Anything else isn't nearly iconic enough.

Springfield Elementary would be HUGE, as would the power plant. They won't make Moe's Tavern, it's a bar.

Hmm that's assuming that they go for a whole building rather than a play set.

Even so there are still options - like Otto's school bus or the Comic Book shop

Even with the hundred of buildings in the Tapped Out game, I agree there not much left. Moe's I agree with you they'll never do it. The church, Springfield Retirement Castle, Burns Manor and town hall would be to big also. But I was still expecting the Android Dungeon this year. Krusty Burger could be possible, but I don't know if a fast food chain would make the cut.

The other family car with Flanders House would be nice even if we don't really know the interior of Flanders house. Aztec Theatre could be the size of the modular buildings, but would be expansive. Lard Lad Donuts? Police Station? Bart's treehouse?

They could also do smaller sets and not entire building. Homer console with Burn's office, Bart's classroom, etc. Something Stonecutters related? Or even the monorail lol.

I was kind of hoping that this year would be the year of double comic-book stores (comic book guy and stuart's), but Simpsons and Big Bang Theory sets never seem to go out of stock, so I'm not sure the demand is all there.

But the biggest disappointment of all might be that we never get that "YVAN EHT NIOJ" printed piece.

Springfield Elementary would be HUGE, as would the power plant. They won't make Moe's Tavern, it's a bar.59.gif

Edited by wllolao

To be quite honest, since the previous two large sets are not any typical wave of LEGO product lineup, I think it's rather weird to say that LEGO would consistently introduce more Simpsons sets.

But overall, I agree LEGO do waste Simpsons potential in more medium regular sets. There are not just iconic characters, but also should be many iconic places to be highlighted.

What ever happened to those rumored sets for an actually line? I vaguely remember there being descriptions...

Edited by Ashnflash

What ever happened to those rumored sets for an actually line? I vaguely remember there being descriptions...

Those were fake.

Hmm that's assuming that they go for a whole building rather than a play set.

Even so there are still options - like Otto's school bus or the Comic Book shop

i think most of us agree, that Otto is one of the characters, that lego would never bring out, such as Barney or Moe (or at least his Tavern).

on the other hand i was surprised that Snake was featured in the Kwik-E-Market.

i guess that makes Sideshow Bob possible aswell?

surely lego will run out of suitable (main) minifigures for a third series though.

i think most of us agree, that Otto is one of the characters, that lego would never bring out, such as Barney or Moe (or at least his Tavern).

Lego have given us a cannibal (Lone Ranger wave), character streaked in blood (twice, Star Wars) and a 'burn the character alive' play feature (Star Wars again)...

...so kindly hush up with your daft understanding of political correctness

If we were going to get anything this year I'm sure we would of heard about it by now. Let's hope 2017 can bring us something new.

I was kind of hoping that this year would be the year of double comic-book stores (comic book guy and stuart's), but Simpsons and Big Bang Theory sets never seem to go out of stock, so I'm not sure the demand is all there.

But the biggest disappointment of all might be that we never get that "YVAN EHT NIOJ" printed piece.

Why do I suddenly want to enlist in the Navy?

I would like more Simpsons sets, but I have yet to buy the two released.

IMHO they made a bad choice with those 2 big buildings (which I've collected, though). The Simpsons was perfect for a lot of small vignette sets.

The Simpsons is all about the characters (they covered, really well) and the situations (they did not cover at all). It's not about the buildings, besides they did the 2 most boring prefabs out there. Both the Simpsons's house & Kwik-E-Mart are ugly common buildings by design.

I really wanted to revive scenes from the show. Characters should have been introduced in small sets.

Lego have given us a cannibal (Lone Ranger wave), character streaked in blood (twice, Star Wars) and a 'burn the character alive' play feature (Star Wars again)...

...so kindly hush up with your daft understanding of political correctness

no need to be rude when you think someone doesn't share your opinion.

did you read my full post at all? maybe i should have linked the topic to the whole discussion?

I'm not saying that they shouldn't bring out said characters, but that hey probably won't because of various reasons.

I'd say one of these:

The Android's Dungeon

Minifugures: Comic Book Guy, Bart, Milhouse, Nelson, Martin.

Exclusive character: Radioactive Man

Dungeon.gif

Krusty the Clown TV show set

Minifigures: Krusty, Bart, Lisa, Milhouse, Nelson, Martin.

Exclusive Character: Sideshow Mel

simponsclown.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Why would they not do Otto? He's a bus driver. They do bus drivers all the time.

Barney and Moe I can see them not doing because of their associations with alcohol, but Patty and Selma are just as strongly associated with tobacco and they did them, and I don't even know what objection there might be with Otto.

Why would they not do Otto? He's a bus driver. They do bus drivers all the time.

Barney and Moe I can see them not doing because of their associations with alcohol, but Patty and Selma are just as strongly associated with tobacco and they did them, and I don't even know what objection there might be with Otto.

Have you not seen Otto using drugs or a bong? That's why!