SkaForHire

The Empire of Corrington: Sign-up and Discussion

So... I'm looking to join BoBS under Corrington. I don't really understand EGS yet, and the fleet rules. If I join, would I be able to submit a Warship as a build? I saw the fleet maintenance costs, and I'm not sure what I would be able to do for starting builds. This really looks like a cool thing to join, but I don't know exactly what I can do if I start playing.

You can do anything -- you don't have to be part of the EGS at all, or you can build and be eased into it.  If you were to build a warship that did not fall under your free ship slot, then I am sure we could loan you the money to register it, or if you were building it for the crown, the crown would pay for it.  Build away!

Is there a link anywhere to the EGS? I can't seem to find it.

Right now fleet maintenence only applies to the faction owned ships not player owned ships. Warships come in all sizes all the way down to a 1A. So you could do one as a free ship or a larger one as Ska said. The EGS is all the sea and land based mechanics where you buy licenses and earn DBs. Some people don't want to be part of that and just want to build. However, I enjoy the process of building and licensing to earn more to license more to earn more....etc. 

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

It is in the pinned index post

3 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Captain Mesabi, Hereby Joins Corrington

32394718044_78f7d03307_z.jpgCaptain Mesabi by North White, on Flickr

A Veteran of the Juniper War, Captain Mesabi is an experienced Soldier, having lost many of his company along the way. Tired of guard duty in the Capital, he seeks a new life in the colonies.

Welcome, Captain Mesabi - Good to see another brave soul join our ranks!

Welcome Mesabi! Glad to see another adventerous minifigure heading into the new lands. By the way, I like the desk technique.

Edited by SilentWolf
Autocorrect messed up the name.

Can someone invite me to the Corrington PM? Thanks

Dear sirs,

Sir Aidan Coyle (@Mike S) is hereby required and directed to assume the position of Colonial Governor of the Northern Reaches. This includes the islands of Lacryma and Serentia, and he is required to coordinate his effort with the relevant local mayors and commanders, who in turn are required to submit to his command. He is to do any- and everything compatible with his duty to her Majesty to further the interest of Crown and people. Failure to do so will result in Court Martial with all the consequences such may entail.

Further appointments will be made based on merit, interest, and necessity.

Sincerely

Rear Admiral Fletcher,

Royal Navy

OOC: And I have updated the relevant post in this thread with the recent appointments.

So, I've been looking to start a trade company as a part of my story. And Corrington doesn't really have any rules on Trade companies. I know we have the science fraternities, but I'm not really interested in those. Can I apply for a Trade Company? I have 2/3 of the MOC's done (A Headquarters, A trade ship) All I need is a warehouse, which I should have done by the end of the week.

Which brings me to my second question, do I need to license my warehouse for it to count for a Trade company? I have 2 licenses done already and I want to make the third one count.

@Mesabi: The rules for trade companies are, as far as I remember, the same across the factions, and I see no issue for you in starting a trade company, as long as you meet the requirements. (As far as I remember, the three builds are all you need)

I think those builds should probably be licensed in the name of the trade company in question, but I am not sure the rules are really so strict. IC, at least, they should belong to the company. :pir-blush:

In any case, I would license them over time, but I understand that you want to use your 3 build limit for this month cleverly. Remember, builds can be licensed at any time, not just when they are posted. (Also, the ship license does not count towards the monthly limit of 3)

Should your trade company need a loan, I should happily be willing to oblige, as I am certain several of our countrymen will too.

14 minutes ago, Bregir said:

@Mesabi: The rules for trade companies are, as far as I remember, the same across the factions, and I see no issue for you in starting a trade company, as long as you meet the requirements. (As far as I remember, the three builds are all you need)

I think those builds should probably be licensed in the name of the trade company in question, but I am not sure the rules are really so strict. IC, at least, they should belong to the company. :pir-blush:

In any case, I would license them over time, but I understand that you want to use your 3 build limit for this month cleverly. Remember, builds can be licensed at any time, not just when they are posted. (Also, the ship license does not count towards the monthly limit of 3)

Should your trade company need a loan, I should happily be willing to oblige, as I am certain several of our countrymen will too.

@Mesabi, nothing personal, but my advice is to wait a while before creating your own trade company and prepare it well. If I am not wrong, faction leaders are not so keen granting a Trade Company Charter (so a TC has its own rights and account and can chase a specific monopoly). You will have to show your value for the nation and you also need to have at least 2 members, maybe even more.

It took MAESTRO 10 months before we had our first monopoly. That doesn't mean you can't have a non-official trade company. There are various minor TC's around to back up player stories (like the WETEC of Silentwolf and CSC of Mike S for example)

And then there is that Half-Half thing called Maestro Corrington, which is like a special case as it spans two nations, is a daughter branch of the ESL Maestro corp, but is settled and rooted in Corrington.

Which makes it like an independant company (we don`t benefit from the Maestro monopoly for example), but has close working ties as such between the Corrington government on the one side, and one of the three big TC`s in ESL on the other.  Which is perfectly workable within about 11 out of the 12 months of a year :pir-laugh:

Don`t ask "what if a war happens", that`s a bridge we don`t had to / nor hope to ever tackle, but it might be intresting to start a non official, personal TC (Maestro Cor came about as we are all in the same LUG, making it easier to coordinate and "gossip" at events hehehe) and work to become a subsidiary of a bigger one for example.  Some benefits are that while Maestro Corrington can easily depend on Maestro builders to deliver it`s ships, as long as the shares are split between both the branches "at ratio" like with shares.

On 3/4/2017 at 1:23 AM, Mesabi said:

Captain Mesabi, Hereby Joins Corrington

Your account has been added to the Accounts Summary so you can review your expenses.  Any questions about your account, feel free to ask in the Account Summary Topic

3 hours ago, Phred said:

Your account has been added to the Accounts Summary so you can review your expenses.  Any questions about your account, feel free to ask in the Account Summary Topic

Thank you!

Now to ask a stupid question. Where is march's trade values for the EGS? I've spent the last half hour looking, and it's killing me.

16 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Thank you!

Now to ask a stupid question. Where is march's trade values for the EGS? I've spent the last half hour looking, and it's killing me.

These can be found in the excell :) 

Just now, Maxim I said:

These can be found in the excell :) 

Link please?:grin:

Just now, Maxim I said:

@Mesabi first link :)

Thanks, But not what I was looking for. Sorry, I should have phrased it better. I'm looking for the values for the settlements in the march MCRA. You wouldn't happen to know the thread for that would you?:grin:

2 minutes ago, Legostone said:

@Mesabi second page in that excel document, settlement values ;)

Thank You! I feel like such an idiot :facepalm: