Franco Clarke

[OL-FB] The Key and Castle

Whilst Erwin had been exploring the island, the rest of the crew had been enjoying their shore leave in some of Breshaun's taverns and ale houses. One of the the most famous of these is the Key and Castle, with its prominent waterfront position, located just to the left of Fort XI. It's bright red walls make it a distinctive sight.

25299764194_8e67c8960e_z.jpg

Today is no different to most, and the entire dock is bustling with activity. Deals are made, friendships are formed and much merriness is had.

25631905970_a774391621_z.jpg

A small yard out the back provides additional space for when the bar is crowded like it is today.

25631904910_9bb6ee2d87_z.jpg

The top floor and attic are mostly filled with rooms to let and the home of the landlord.

Something a little larger than the rest of the scenes I have built this month. This is (hopefully) the first of many modular sections of Breshaun, although how well this works out remains to be seen. The colourful strips on the side are merely to allow easy aligning of sections.

25299762574_e8a3551a70_z.jpg

25299761734_c5ed9ba9da_z.jpg

Now a few closer shots of just the tavern on its own, which can be removed from the main build. It was mostly inspired by the medieval market village style of construction.

25811708532_3368a4dc0e_z.jpg

25906569836_e3993f165f_z.jpg

This build also has a rather sparse interior. The top floor has a bedroom with a little furniture, whilst the bottom has a bar.

25906978126_4196c34991_z.jpg

25300168784_0efb1dae6e_z.jpg

25932895805_9d7278781c_z.jpg

Finally this is my third build of the month, so approval would be very welcome!

Edited by Franco Clarke

That is a great MOC scene you've done. I really like how "playable it is and I look forward to seeing other modules.

+1 Sea Rat approval :thumbup:

Colorful build. Once again I have to give credit for making basic colors shine. Great scene. My favorite part of the build is the backside with the old school red window. :thumbup: Eslandola

neat build. Altough I'd recommend some texture on the ground, I'm curious to rest of the modules

Nice tavern! I like how the irregularly placed windows give it a look of a building which has evolved around it's interior :classic:

The surroundings are very nice as well, I like how the modularity is hinting at things to come! However I think I would recommend a bit more detailing on the ground.

I approve thumbup.gif

The more you look at this sene the more you find going on! Your town looks properly 'lived in' which is great.

PS: Remember to number your free builds in the title with FB1, FB2 etc.

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

Very nice, classic tavern. The whole scene is bustling with activity which really brings these settings to life. The colors are eye-popping and the overall arrangement is pretty good. Some ground texturing would be nice, and some tiles on the little docks would clean up the look a little. But those are fairly minor concerns and I think it turned out well overall.

Approved from Corrington. :thumbup:

Thank you for all your most kind comments and replies, I'm glad the rather basic style didn't put people off. I understand the issue with the plain appearance of the docks, and I kinda wish I could do something about it. The main problem is there is so much of it to cover up! I'm trying to pack the buildings more closely on my second square, which should help.

Colorful build. Once again I have to give credit for making basic colors shine. Great scene. My favorite part of the build is the backside with the old school red window. :thumbup: Eslandola

Thank you, I really like those old windows, shame they didn't come in more colours!

It has a classic feel to it - Eslandola approves :thumbup:

Thank you, That's my aim with a lot of my builds, a classic feel, it's a good excuse for using boring brick on brick techniques pirate_laugh_new.gif

The more you look at this sene the more you find going on! Your town looks properly 'lived in' which is great.

PS: Remember to number your free builds in the title with FB1, FB2 etc.

Thanks, I almost spent as long getting the figures right as the building itself pirate_classic.gif . Also I will try and number builds, as it should help things be more clear.

OL approves if this is a FB a 3rd one pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks, although I'm not sure if we are allowed to approve our own nation's builds?

I see my rowboat made it safely back to Breshaun. :pir-laugh:

Good work so far. I look forward to seeing your future builds. :thumbup: