It's been a while since we last saw Alva Tyrnsdottir, but she's been very busy ranging and scouting on behalf of Jarl Asbjorn and the jarldom of Arnarvhall in western Mitgardia.

Rumors of the attacks in the North have spread even to Tradewind Bay, the Woody Hills, and the forests of Arnarvhall. As such, Asbjorn has ordered the rediscovery and rebuilding of old defenses at the borders of the region. In conjunction with dwarven and elven neighbors, a defensive alliance has formed.

Alva Tyrnsdottir leads a group of Arnarvhalli scouts into the eastern reaches in search of old holdfasts, towers, and fortifications. Here she has found the ruin of a stone watchtower that still commands an impressive view of the surrounding countryside. It is an excellent candidate for rebuilding.

Builder's Note: This picture doesn't really do justice to one or two elements of the build. I'll post another one when I have better lighting.

16795506839_6d10e77dca_z.jpg

Here are those other angled shots to better show off the tower ruins and the tree growing out of em :D

16991677955_c8c0105919_z.jpg

16784302827_ff6476f144_z.jpg

Edited by mccoyed

Really nice job on the dark grey ruins! Good work with the trees too. :thumbup:

You guys are totally flattering me about that tree. I think it looks bad from this angle, but it's actually growing from inside the ruin and I'll definitely be taking another pic once it gets dark to show that. For some reason, my lighting is super blurry during the day. Probably where my window is in my lego area. Sigh.

Nice stonework!

Thanks. It's a lot better than that guerilla counter.

Lovely scene mccoyed! The vegetation and rockwork is spot on for this size of build, and I think the composition is top notch with the ruined watchtower in the background and the nice little path up to the door. The border and photography are excellent too. Great work, refreshing too considering all the Ch. 4 going-ons!

I hate to admit it, I can't remember the last adventure of Alva Tyrnsdottir. Is she a former privateer under One Eye?

Lovely scene mccoyed! The vegetation and rockwork is spot on for this size of build, and I think the composition is top notch with the ruined watchtower in the background and the nice little path up to the door. The border and photography are excellent too. Great work, refreshing too considering all the Ch. 4 going-ons!

I hate to admit it, I can't remember the last adventure of Alva Tyrnsdottir. Is she a former privateer under One Eye?

Arnarvhall is my settlement in Mitgardia. One-Eye was a one-off, unfortunately, as I realized that I didn't want to commit the character. We may never see him again. Since then, Alva and her father Tyrn and their jarl Asbjorn have more or less dominated my Mitgardia builds. Almost all of my Age of Mitgardia builds (military ones especially) are about Arnarvhall and these characters. Alva is a newly inducted Shield-maiden. Her father is one of Asbjorn's housecarls and probably the lead warrior in Arnarvhall.

I think last time I showed Alva was Vegrsala, my mead hall.

Edited by mccoyed

Ah, so nice to see a Mitgardian build again, and an excellent one at that! As ME said, the composition is very good.

The crumbled tower looks great, and I like the little pine trees :thumbup:

Nice build, love the ruins!

Thanks LV.

Nice landscape. And the ruin is a great idea for phase 1!

Thanks, Jacob!

Ah, so nice to see a Mitgardian build again, and an excellent one at that! As ME said, the composition is very good.

The crumbled tower looks great, and I like the little pine trees :thumbup:

Thanks SK. Was glad about how my attempt at those ruins techniques turned out.

Nice ruins mccoyed :thumbup: Glad to see thr story going!

Thanks Gun!