ghostmind

2015 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The hair salon is screaming Art Deco.

True! It's also screaming "Modularize me!" although it's 20-wide, and it's a little problematic to try to force it to 16-wide with the roof panels being 18-wide.

I've also started to like Emma's house. I'm dreaming of a modular with the hair salon on the ground floor and two Art Deco-style lavender floors above it. I didn't like the lavender colour at all at first, but in an Art Deco building it might not be that out of place after all.

My daughter's already said she'd like Emma's house. Really need to modularise it to fit next to Olivia's house. Will probably get the vet clinic as we didn't get the last vet set. Definitely the balloon and maybe the lighthouse.

I think at this point, I will put animal pack series 5 and 6 for the US in this thread as it doesn't seem to be getting here any time soon, appreciate getting the pics back up, really like all the new sets as does my daughter

I think at this point, I will put animal pack series 5 and 6 for the US in this thread as it doesn't seem to be getting here any time soon, appreciate getting the pics back up, really like all the new sets as does my daughter

Um series 6 I agree on but wave 5 is on Lego shop! I put in my order for two of the wave 5 collections last night.

I've seen Series 5 at Toys R Us. Bought the Macaw this week (they only had 2 of the 3 animals left)

Edited by Sarah

I've seen Series 5 at Toys R Us. Bought the Macaw this week (they only had 2 of the 3 animals left)

I forgot to mention that. I do remember there also being a target sighting on top of the TRU sighting.

Nada at the wamarts around here but no surprise. It took them until within the last month to get wave 4 in!

thanks, been to TRU, Target and the Lego Store, nothing and even less, TRU did have a Chima polybag I had never seen but nothing new Friends related, I did see 5 at the S@H, but seems crazy to spend almost as much on shipping as it costs to buy 2 of the packs. I will just have patience I guess and hope the Midwest USA gets the same stuff everyone else has or has had for months. Maybe it will take so long that both 5 and 6 come here at the same time.

Series 5 is in at my LEGO store, and I'm in the Midwest as well. If you ask for a set that's available on the website but not in store, they'll give you a free shipping code.

Any thoughts?

Is that a new part for the air balloon? Or has it been used somewhere else? It is looking very plastic and not fabric-ish here.

And there's a boy in the air balloon set!

Any thoughts on the bird in Emma's house. Is it a retread or a new painting on the mold?

See any other birds?

the bird in Emma's house. Is it a retread or a new painting on the mold?

See any other birds?

The bird is the one from the Series 3 Animal Packs if I'm not mistaken.

Is that a new part for the air balloon? Or has it been used somewhere else? It is looking very plastic and not fabric-ish here.

New part, attaches to the octagonal ring at top and bottom by clips. Looks excellent for space ships!

True! It's also screaming "Modularize me!" although it's 20-wide, and it's a little problematic to try to force it to 16-wide with the roof panels being 18-wide.

I've also started to like Emma's house. I'm dreaming of a modular with the hair salon on the ground floor and two Art Deco-style lavender floors above it. I didn't like the lavender colour at all at first, but in an Art Deco building it might not be that out of place after all.

There'll be a way to pull it off. Drop the side walls, just go with the stylistic design and there's a 16 stud footprint for that.

thanks, been to TRU, Target and the Lego Store, nothing and even less, TRU did have a Chima polybag I had never seen but nothing new Friends related, I did see 5 at the S@H, but seems crazy to spend almost as much on shipping as it costs to buy 2 of the packs. I will just have patience I guess and hope the Midwest USA gets the same stuff everyone else has or has had for months. Maybe it will take so long that both 5 and 6 come here at the same time.

Depends on the case. I went with two sets of the "series 5 animal collections" which have all three animals and had 15 bucks VIP credit from when I had problems with my PAB order and I got free points so I got a total of 6 packs for a whopping 15 dollars and change. And as a bonus, if I'm looking at it right, I should have another 5 buck credit earned since I had 300 and something points. If I want any additional series 5 figures, I will buy them in a store but at least now I don't have to be worried about missing out on them altogether. One set will be for assembly and display and I think that I might use the other sets with a project I'm doing.

Series six will be the same way but its worth it since I won't miss out on them at least. The next year animal thing they will be doing won't really be a problem since the stores around here are WAY better at getting boxed sets in vs the bagged stuff.

Series six will be the same way but its worth it since I won't miss out on them at least. The next year animal thing they will be doing won't really be a problem since the stores around here are WAY better at getting boxed sets in vs the bagged stuff.

And the boxed stuff sticks around longer.

I think the boxed stuff may be a better choice for this reason.

I agree with you both, personally would rather have the boxed stuff as well, and appreciate the info, I shall check again this weekend to see if 5 has arrived.

Struck gold, by the way, WalMart is clearancing out a lot of Lego sets...but was able to get Series 5 at a Target, daughter is thrilled, patience is a virtue I guess. Have completed all of the Jungle wave now with the exception of the Rescue Base and while it isn't Jungle per se, I count it in this wave...the Shopping Mall. Lots of new inventory coming in though, saw all the new Hobbit ones at the same Target.

I'm late, but nevertheless thank you all very much for the prelims, the final pictures and all the information! :classic:

I'm "only" interested in the lighthouse, the hair salon and the house:

Apart from the too much pink and purple the hair salon seems to be a nice set - I esp. like the many accessory and the new scissors. :thumbup:

The house looks amazing: The only pity is that the third floor with the piteched roof has no floor and no interior. But although the rooms are the same like in 2012 version, TLG has managed to design something new: The archtiecture is more modern than the one of the previous version, the garden looks different and there is a bathtub in the bathroom (instead of a shower). :wub: :wub:

But the most I like the lighthouse. Here regrettably the pink in the lighthouse really disturbs. Otherwise the set ist awesome: The first time in the history of Lego we're getting an ice-cream parlor - that was since long overdue! And that it is located next to the lighthouse gives it a fitting atmosphere - although I'd have prefered the ice-cream parlor to be a "common" shop like the hair salon so it fits in an urban area, too. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Klaus-Dieter

The little vet clinic is a must buy for my wife......she loves cats and dogs, plus watches any vet shows on TV/pay TV. :wink:

Now the cool hairdresser's building......awesome use of SNOT and yes, a touch of Art Deco......depends if my wife likes it or not ? :laugh:

If they have seen then little shops between €20-€30 are a success, why they don't create some for city line.

Boys likes more than bikes and cycles. Why not a comic shop, a video games shop, a litle corner food shop where to buy soda, chip potatoes,... A food truck could be another interesting idea, a place with arcade machines,....

I hope TLG read this, but if they thing the best for the company is continue including this kind of sets on Friends, we have not other option that buying and MOCing Friends sets for our cities.

As Imissed the previous vet I'm getting thisone. Can't wait to see baby rabbits- they seem to be perfect in size for ordinary minifigures!

The Vet sadly have the ugliest of the friends dogs...

Uhmmmmm I still can't tell the hairpieces from the salon.......

Un fortunately I have no good opinion about the animal-only sets. The only new things are rabbit cubs (which could possibly become regular in minifigure themes), the others have no new animal type or at least new fur color. The buildings are pretty familiar.

Edited by Dorayaki

If they have seen then little shops between €20-€30 are a success, why they don't create some for city line.

Boys likes more than bikes and cycles. Why not a comic shop, a video games shop, a litle corner food shop where to buy soda, chip potatoes,... A food truck could be another interesting idea, a place with arcade machines,....

I hope TLG read this, but if they thing the best for the company is continue including this kind of sets on Friends, we have not other option that buying and MOCing Friends sets for our cities.

B/c Lego is so obsessed with rehashing the police and fire stuff every year that they can't see the LOGICAL side of things! Do they REALLY need to be releasing more and more police and fire every year?