ghostmind

2015 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I too am dying to see the grocery store. :grin:

Am I missing something?? I didn't know there was a Friends grocery store coming!

Do we know when any of this is coming out?

The Grand Hotel and the Stage are superb! I like the lot of new pieces, and even the print (maybe trans-clear stickers?) on the righmost windows are beautiful. I want this subtheme now. :grin:

Am I missing something?? I didn't know there was a Friends grocery store coming!

Do we know when any of this is coming out?

My guess it's a retail exclusive so that's why we haven't seen it yet.......#41108 LEGO Friends Grocery Store – £34.99

I saw that too and I think it is, looks very nice.

I love the hotel, but will never buy it being the cost. But it has a nice Indian feel with only a little purple which I would replace.

However I'm disappointed that the Friends theme goes from the awesome "Let's save jungle animals" to returning to Lakeheart (That's the city right?) only to meet up with a rich pop star and get a bus and a limo and a hotel for the rich brat, I mean pop star, to hang out in?

You mean the way City went from Arctic to swamp? That's not Friends specific. Its just Lego.

And it is Heartlake. (Or were you messing that up on purpose? With the hostility it is hard to tell)

Edited by Sarah

The fan light over the windows on the main floor - is that a new brick? I'm fairly new to lego and haven't seen those before.

I believe you are correct. It looks like a new half wagon wheel type window filler for the arches. Oh that will be so fantastic. I need lot's of those in white for some colonial style stuff.

I saw that too and I think it is, looks very nice.

I love the hotel, but will never buy it being the cost. But it has a nice Indian feel with only a little purple which I would replace.

However I'm disappointed that the Friends theme goes from the awesome "Let's save jungle animals" to returning to Lakeheart (That's the city right?) only to meet up with a rich pop star and get a bus and a limo and a hotel for the rich brat, I mean pop star, to hang out in?

I think they missed their perfect opportunity for the Jungle Friends to carry some horrid tropical disease back to Heartlake City and trigger the Zombie Appocalypse. I really think Friends would do well with a Post Appocalyptic Mutant wave or two?

The hotel is the only one I want; the pop stars theme does not interest me at all. I am a little worried about how expensive that hotel looks though...

The hotel is the only one I want; the pop stars theme does not interest me at all. I am a little worried about how expensive that hotel looks though...

Priceline has some good deals. :grin:

I do like the hotel. I like the idea of a model of the grand Budapest hotel even better.

I think they missed their perfect opportunity for the Jungle Friends to carry some horrid tropical disease back to Heartlake City and trigger the Zombie Appocalypse. I really think Friends would do well with a Post Appocalyptic Mutant wave or two?

Now that's a great idea! Would fit into the new mini figure theme and would end that stupid debate on Friends being sexist, zombies aren't "girly" at all. (Of course saying that is sexist. :laugh: )

You mean the way City went from Arctic to swamp? That's not Friends specific. Its just Lego.

And it is Heartlake. (Or were you messing that up on purpose? With the hostility it is hard to tell)

But City doesn't have a set 'storyline' with set characters like Friends does. I'm OK with City goes from Arctic to swamp to space and diving. But this pop star thing makes the line feel cheap, like very otter girly toy on the market.

And I was close, I honestly am amazed I remembered it at all.

I believe you are correct. It looks like a new half wagon wheel type window filler for the arches. Oh that will be so fantastic. I need lot's of those in white for some colonial style stuff.

Brilliant! Heartlake City can be under quarantine with all roads blocked and air traffic suspended. For protection the Heartlake City residents must dress in the Series 4 CMF Hazmat Suite and Mask. Unbeknown to local officials, Andrea and Noah have different plans… They escape the quarantine zone in their hot air balloon to further infect the characters in the not yet known Friends 2016 sets!

Does anyone have friends set 41087? Is there someone who can take a picture showing the baby bunny placed on top of a top hat piece? I want to see how well the new smaller bunny would work for the "rabbit out of a hat" magic trick before I decide whether to buy the set...

I am very happy with this new collection! I already bought the winter sets for my daughters and I know they won't like the new ones!

Now I will have some £££££ to spend with the SW Ep 7 sets for me, YEAH!!!!!

Its funny you guys mentioned about a Friends "zombie apocalypse", cause my daughter and I actually did/played that one time. My daughter literally has every Friends set made, including the latest Winter wave, except the jungle themed ones, and so we literally have a giant Heartlake city set up. We had the town besieged by zombies from every corner of Hearlake city, lol. We used the CMF Yetis as zombies though, cause we had about 20 of them, and she's well 6 years old, so didn't want it to be too gory now. It was real fun having Stephanie, Andrea, Emma, and the rest of the gang, running for there lives in campers, dolphin cruisers, and a light blue moped. Nothing like building zombie/friends memories with your 6 year old little girl.

Also does anyone have a link or further info about this Friends grocery store. I have yet to hear about it, and it sounds really nice. I still have always thought TLG should have made a Heartlake City Zoo. I think that would be nice too.

Edited by Dunedain

My wife & I got the Mother rabbit & babies set at Target the other day, and spent some time squeeing over how cute they were. Unfortunatley, she doesn't want to share them, lol!

We know it's not like Chima's fire versus ice, the subtheme isn't able to be that long as you wish. You may suggest that for Elves' future additions, though.

The cartoon story might explain why the girls didn't stay too long. The main idea of jungle series was to introduce the camping spots and a wave was enough for that. However I would say LEGO could have add predators or poachers to make this wave more intense and meet FOLs' expectation for large animals. Even if City goes into the forest and swamp, they just provide more and more police spots :tongue: .

It does like that Friends is using the same schedule from Ctiy: first half of the year it makes regular sets, and the latter introduce a different subtheme. Technically, Friends is more about relationships in modern life in order to cast a light on real girls, so we can't ask too much. Of course, it's Friends' natural disadvantage since it may not have more obvious development like the storylines from other themes do.

Nothing like building zombie/friends memories with your 6 year old little girl.

Well everyone has different tastes. I believe there are girls looking forward Scooby-Doo and CMF series 14.

Edited by Dorayaki

Thank you all very much for the links, pictures and information! :classic:

It's a pity that we haven't still got any pictures of the grocery and the tourist kiosk.

The Pop Star sets we've seen so far are imo too girlish and kiddish. :thumbdown:

But the Grand Hotel is magnificent! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Perhaps it will look a bit too bombastic when adding it to other urban Friends and City sets. But it looks to well designed and includes too much details that my city can live without it.

Klaus-Dieter

Grand Hotel's width (40-wide!) and high floor-ceiling ratio makes it fit in better with the big CREATOR Expert modulars than other CITY/Friends buildings.

Why couldn't CITY have anything of this scale (that isn't a Police Station)?

The hotel has awesome, I'm waiting for grocery's pics.

How long for a bank? (because to many places for shopping and taking ice creams, juices,... but no place for having money, I think there is neither an ATM). And something like a museum, a theater or a cinema?

Friends is going in a way that is making me to take apart city regular sets (I'm not much interested in swamps, arctic, forest,...) Even Friends vehicles are becoming nice (the Mia's Roadster is very good and London style cab is superb).

Grand hotel looks great and the piano! *love*

The tour bus is a little bit too glittering for my taste but I can just switch out some colors and don't apply the stickers. The bone structure of it is nice.

I want the hotel! With some modularising it will fit right in with the rest of my city. Lots of bricks will be required though