just2good

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 13 Rumours and Discussion

Oh, well, why are you hiding it? Why not just tell us now?

-Sci

Edited by CM4Sci

The torso you called the carpenter is from a city miner, not the carpenter.

Oh crud. Well, there's his saw! :grin:

The questionable one is from Faora.

http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?M=sh080

Ah, I meant to post this one. http://item.taobao.c...&id=41865977472

Oh, well, why are you hiding it? Why not just tell us now?

-Sci

Too lazy to grab and compile the pics. :laugh:

Updated the master post here with all the pics.

Edited by just2good

Oh Lord... Lady Cyclops head print is just horrendous

Glad to see a new armor mould for the Galaxy Trooper. So, he is minifigure next to the big gray thing in the box. It looks like he has some kind of "wings"

The Fencer mask is great!

Another mysterious Hairpiece

Velma's?

Edited by Robert8

Oh Lord... Lady Cyclops head print is just horrendous

Glad to see a new armor mould for the Galaxy Trooper. So, he is minifigure next to the big gray thing in the box. It looks like he has some kind of "wings"

The Fencer mask is great

Another mysterious Hairpiece

Velma's?

Isnt her hair suppose to be round?

Maybe its from the Egyptian Warrior :excited:

Edited by Cy_Bored1337

Oh, that snake..... :grin: .....add to collection, now my feelings on the saw....I was thinking it looked a bit cartoon-ish, I guess we'll need to see more images of the whole collection eh ? :wink:

K4NWgSO.jpg

First column:

Fifth head down: Paleontologist

Eight Head down: Fencer?

Tenth Head down: New head

Twelfth Head down: Egyptian Warrior

Fourteenth head down: New head

Fifteenth Head down: Sheriff

Third column:

Blue face printing is galaxy trooper

Twelfth head down: Snake charmer

Sixth Column:

Eight head down: New head

Tenth head down: Hot dog guy

Seventh column:

Twelfth Head down: disco diva

They all look great. I only don't know for this black-dark grey japanese minifigure. It could be a samurai, or another female Ninjago minifgure (I vote for CMF samurai!).

Wonder if they'll use the alien trooper mold for a Zoidberg in a Simpsons minifig wave.... If, of course, they start adding Futurama characters to it.

Edited by ---Vertea---

That's Dain's helmet from the Hobbit.

I know, i accidentally posted wrong image. But now I see somebody has already posted that image which I meant to post.

Great peek at the new molds!

The handsaw is great. Im pretty sure the headdress is for the Egyptian warrior, and I expected a new pith helmet mold with female hair (but now we need the same helmet for males!).

Im surprised by the fencing helmet, I assumed it would have a solid grey front, somthing like the welders mask.

The Cyclops headpiece looks like it could also be used for a male. I wonder if the eyelashes on the Cyclops head will be visible under the headpiece. On the old Cyclops, it looks as if only the yellow of the eye is visible under the headpiece. If this were the case, it wouldnt even be possible to tell from the head if the new Cyclops is female (of course I expect a feminine torso).

So we still dont know what the ninja-esque headgear is for. Hmm. Kind of like the robo-shark mystery.

I wonder if these leaks will influence TLG to show us the final images early.

Edited by Ardelon

I'm loving all these new pieces, in particular the Carpenter's handsaw and the Paleontologist's, Alien Trooper's, and Fencer's headpieces.

The mysterious headpiece looks to be the Egyptian Warrior's, albeit without any printing.

Also loving all the new facial expressions! They're small details that really add to the figure, I feel. The Paleontologist doesn't look pleased.

The Lego movie series sold out very quickly too, as did s8 and s11.

TLM series was sold out and discontinued immediately after all LEGO Movie showings at theaters are gone.

It sold out here less than a week after the movie (finally) started. I only managed to get 1!

I wonder if these leaks will influence TLG to show us the final images early.

If Series 13 follows the trend of the previous series, WhiteFang's review should be out next week, so, we'll get pictures soon.

(Actually, I was told there would be pictures out this weekend, but I guess it was a false rumor :sadnew: )

The inclusion of the Fencer marks the return of the Sports subtheme in the CMF line, which has been absent for quite a while. I was wondering if this could mean we'll get a second olympic series with Rio 2016 coming soon (Team Rio?). Afterall, fencing is an olympic sport, they could reuse the mould.

Maybe its from the Egyptian Warrior :excited:

Oh I think you're right.

I bet that headpiece will return soon as a female hairpiece. It looks just like hair

Edited by Robert8

I don't they'll reuse that piece as hair. It doesn't have any details like most modern hairpieces have.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new turbine piece. Maybe I'm just too attached to the old one, but it just looks... off, to me.

I guess we have confirmed that the Paleontologist was the female, then?

All the other stuff looks cool. The heads are pretty neat, and that new armor mold is something else. I'm going to avoid going into any detail until we see final pictures, but I like what I see so far.

On the Samurai headpiece... That's an interesting one, but it seems more Ninjago to me. I guess we have to wait and see.

That grey armor is the same mold as the armor in next year's Ultra Agents set, although the armor in those sets is Trans-Light Blue. I wonder, if that is the Galaxy Trooper's armor, will he have a recolor of the Ultra Agents helmet, too?

If that is the Galaxy Troopers armor I hope it comes in either black or dark blueish gray, no offense to anyone, but the bright colors like the ones used in Galaxy Squad just don't appeal to me.

*Sigh*

Was hoping the rumours about a second Simpsons series were only that. I don't dislike the TV show but it bothers me that we'll miss out on another normal series for something that isn't Lego's own brand.

I wish that Lego just made Simpsons sets like other licensed themes so that it doesn't get in the way of potential new non-licensed figures that can be integrated into other themes rather than just the non-compatible Simpsons line. The last series didn't really have any new accessories to make them at least almost worth while.

I found the Simpsons CMFs were great for parts for MOCing other city characters. The Simpsons' skins are the same yellow as lego-folk, so the parts are easily changable, they gave us some nice new colour torsos, new dual colour arms and short legs, the new torso shape for Maggie, which is great for a small child in lego city ... there's plenty of integration in my book.

The problem with themes like The LEGO Movie, Simpsons and Ninjago is that they're not for everyone. Sure, the fans of those themes will love them - but many others won't touch them at all. Whereas the "regular" CMF series is usually so varied that there's pretty much always something for everyone's tastes. In most series, there's 3-5 figs that appeal to me - while in the TLM and Simpsons series, there were none.

I saw nothing of value even piece-wise in the Simpsons CMFs. The torsos were too simplistic to be useful and they didn't even have any useful accesories. Waste of a series IMO.